Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I was deleted.

Wink Just in case... DLR on 4/29

Just in case any of you decide to venture out into the busy DLR on Saturday the 29th, rest assured that BigPigletFan and MermaidMoviemaker will be there too, somewhere... fighting the crowds, doing VMK quests, and watching fireworks! I'll only be there one day and I'm pretty much following MermaidMoviemaker's lead all day. But if you do see me, feel free to shout and wave! Don't be shy.. I don't bite, only MermaidMoviemaker does.

Have a magical weekend all!

BPF
    Last edited by BigPigletFan; 05-02-2006 at 09:51 AM.

• All you need is LOVE

Re: Just in case... DLR on 4/29

hope you had fun

• Former Epcot CM

Yeah, hope you had a great time.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs
    hope you had fun
    Yea, we both did! It was great to see you, TicToc, and DLCM again! (Sorry I miss you FB and Dusty. ) Hopefully I'll see you all again next time.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Question Re: Just in case... DLR on 4/29

Glad you had a great time, BPF! Will we see any pictures?
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by BDBopper
    Glad you had a great time, BPF! Will we see any pictures?
    Sure thing. I'll put some up later tonight.

• A Pirate's life for me!

A long trip from home just for one day?

Here on other business? (none of MY business, just curious about a one day trip from an out-of-stater...)

Glad you had fun!

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i'm glad you had a good time! i'll have to catch ya next time! when are you coming back down?
    <o>

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    A long trip from home just for one day?

Here on other business? (none of MY business, just curious about a one day trip from an out-of-stater...)

Glad you had fun!
    It was a long trip, but I came to visit MermaidMoviemaker since she is at Cal State Northridge for this spring term. So we went to a couple of places in California - Islands, Disneyland, Disney Studios, In -n- Out Burger, Malibu, Northridge mall, etc...

Anyway, here are some pictures and a little summary from the trip. My digital camera broke so this is what I got from Jennie's. (I had a disposable camera with.)

Just as Fishbulb as mentioned multiple times the past couple of months, the parking lot CMs were running the trams quite smoothly. Although I could not get a single parking CM to smile as I waved and smiled at them, we kept going and parked in Daisy 7J.

I ran to my brick. It got somewhat cut off in this picture but it's there!

We arrived inside Disneyland around 8:45 and made our way onto Main Street and got ourselves a locker. We then booked it to Space Mountain, got fass passes and went on it.

MermaidMoviemaker excited about Space Mountain!

Next we headed to the Matterhorn and rode the left side. (This was when I talked to Fishbulb and he told us that we just had to check out the Mansion because the sheets would be removed.) I was somewhat upset at the new "remain seated" speil but after hearing what they did to WDW's monorail speil the Matterhorn one isn't that bad... que sara sara.

We got ears, with bows and my name was stitched wonderfully.
    (Which means a lot because if anyone knows me, I'm quite picky!)

Next was Dumbo and we just missed getting in the Gold one, but the purple one was still magical. Pinocchio had no line so we jumped on it as well. After we made our way to City Hall so that I could have my first Disney birthday (it was a week before) since this is the closest I've come to having one. At about 10:30 we park hopped to DCA for a few of the key attractions.

We went right to Monsters and there was only a 10 minute wait. I was excited!

I tried real hard not to see too much about Monsters on here and I was very impressed! I love dark rides and this one was wonderful! I will be riding this one a lot on my next visit, that's for sure! Next we went into the Animation building where we met Hercules. He was nice but I practically had to introduce MM because he was paying so much attention to my birthday sticker. Next we made our way to get Soarin' over California FastPasses and walked around to California Screamin' with a 20 minute wait.

Kissy, kissy!

We were a bit upset because the Churro carts seemed to open in the back of the park first and the front last because we kept passing them, but we didn't really want to wait for them. We made our way to Soarin' and then back to Disneyland. We were able to catch Pluto and Meeko as they just stepped on on stage in their quest for food. Both were a lot of fun and Meeko was very animated! I then wanted to show MM the Main Street Cinema where we watched the end of my favorite Mickey cartoon, Plane Crazy. Upon leaving I looked back into Town Square and saw Aladdin. We both made a run for him.

After that we went over towards Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room to get a Dole Whip, but they were loading the show then so we walked inside instead. After MM waited in line and I waited in line for Indy FP.

The much needed Dole Whip Float! Oh how I've missed you.. and it had only been about four months.

MM finally got her Churro and we rested by the Castle for a while we ate. One of my pin trader friends Zach joined us here for most of the day.

No trip is complete without a visit to our favorite princess, Ariel.
    (Except MM's other favorite is on her shirt!)

Eeyore was wondering through Fantasyland and jamming on a trash can too. Quite the site to see. We ventured into Toon Town to see what the wait was for Roger Rabbit and on our way we saw Alice, Mad Hatter, and the rest of the gang plus Peter, Wendy, and Hook on their way out. The Mad Hatter took my braid and started to hit Alice with it so he kind of scared me. As we were walking Peter took my braid and said "nice braid." I guess that's a Tiger Lily reference? Next was Storybook Land since MM had never been on it and wanted to, so we went! We missed both the Ariel and Tinkerbell boats but we got on Faline. Anyway, Roger Rabit had at 75 minute wait so we skipped it and the only character that was out (besides the mice) was Goofy so we left. I showed MM and Zach my pictures in the Donald Duck and Cinderella collages.

We headed over to the Village Haus for lunch where apparently the line we ordered in took much longer than the others. The tables were in demand and MM and I were looking for one outside for about five minutes when the first one opened up. We got it and an older lady that had been waiting less time got very upset at us because they had food. We would've had ours soon too if our line ever started to hand out food. But all the same it gave me time to fill out the VMK quests. Eventually Zach came with the food!

We headed over to Small World to watch the parade. It was fun to see it again and I like watching it from there.

After we went on Small World, of course! We headed over to go on Big Thunder or get Fast Passes but it was 101 because of some guest being silly apparently. We saw both management and security walking in through the exit. We stopped at the petting zoo and said hello to the creatures. Does anyone know what happened to the second Turkey the President pardoned or the sign? Both were missing on Saturday.

We decided we wanted to go in Columbia since we couldn't ride Pirates, it seemed like the next best thing. Unfortunately we had just missed it's lasy voyage of the day. Instead we picked up another set of Indy FP on our way over to the Canoes. A young Australian guest was riding by himself and talked to us a little. He asked about what we thought of where he was from and the first thing out of my mouth was no Twinkies. (Thanks Tui! ) We were right behind the Mark Twain the whole time. It was supposed to let us pass but Chris couldn't get the Mark Twain's attention, so he stalled, let us rest more, and told some fun jokes. Maybe the crossed over a little with the Jungle Cruise, but when you are getting yourself wet with that green water... it makes you smile all the same.

My vote for Winnie the Pooh was denied and instead we made our way over to Indy to use those FastPasses. We made it all the way up to the front of the line and it went 101. We were literally the next to get on the attraction and if we would've gone to the left like MM was trying to, we would've been stuck on it. The house lights went up and CMs were asked to go to the Tower to help evacuate. As much as I wanted to be on Indy when it went 101 to see everything, I was glad it didn't happen today since we still had more things to see.

Next we were off to Space Mountain but first we stopped at the VMK booth to turn in the quests. That gave us FP for Buzz and Autopia also. At Space we saw "The Bob" and after we went to Autopia. I drove, California style, with lots of unnessary breaking at each turn and hill. Zach was behind us and didn't enjoy it much. That's how we feel when we drive in your state.

We went over to French Market for dinner complete with Mint Juliep! We both like that place so it was nice but there was so much food! After we made our way to Indy with the second set of FP and on Jungle Cruise (5 minute wait). Then it was off to Small World to watch the fireworks, but not without some ice cream first. This was my first time seeing them from this location and I enjoyed the projections a lot. (But the "Wishes!" music made me miss Florida. )

MM really wanted to see Fantasmic! and this was about the time that Crazy legs and TicToc were in the park. We met with them in viewing area there and DLCM joined us also! (Thanks again CL and thanks for the popcorn TicToc!) This was the first time I was able to watch DL's F! and actually see.

We still had a few attractions before the night was complete. We went to Big Thunder and then to Haunted Mansion because we thought it would be easier with the crowds, and we were right. Both were great and my oh my how those Mansions are different! Let alone all of the changes in the Attic! I really need to go on that one again.

Then it was off to Fantasyland, my favorite place in Disneyland and especially to end the night. We rode Mr. Toad...

We got up close and personal with Mr. Toad as one of our last rides of the night.

The carousel and my favorite last attraction, Peter Pan. Since I never want to grow up! MM liked it too since she had only been on WDW's Peter Pan and we slowly made our way out of the park. We stopped to get MM a mocha for the drive home, which ended up being longer due to an accident. All in all it was a great experience! I have now been to WDW and DLR with one of my best friends and it was a great experience!

I can't wait to go back to Disneyland and spend more time and see more MiceChatters.

Last edited by BigPigletFan; 05-02-2006 at 10:09 AM.

• Banned User

Awww, sounds like you had tons of fun. That Fantasmic is soooo much better, but I must confess, Disney World's Dole Whips are far superior. I mean... SPRINKLES!!!!! Still, wish I was there... then again, I wish I was that statue of Mr. Toad too. lol

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Awww, sounds like you had tons of fun. That Fantasmic is soooo much better, but I must confess, Disney World's Dole Whips are far superior. I mean... SPRINKLES!!!!! Still, wish I was there... then again, I wish I was that statue of Mr. Toad too. lol
    After having so many of them in Florida I can say that DL's are sweeter and WDW's are more "manufactured," so to speak. So if you aren't too fond of them or they are too much for you at Disneyland they might have a little less tang for you in Florida.

• Banned User

Nawwwww... we just use the juice here, and in DL you have real pineapple. lol But it's not even that... it's the sprinkles that make it good.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Nawwwww... we just use the juice here, and in DL you have real pineapple. lol But it's not even that... it's the sprinkles that make it good.
    Boo sprinkles!

Enough of that here, okay?

• Former Epcot CM

...I like sprinkles.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan

I ran to my brick. It got somewhat cut off in this picture but it's there!

I didnt know your name was Robert from Fremont CA :P
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast