Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Thumbs up AIDS Walk LA - Join Team MiceChat

Howdy Folks,

We'd like to invite the entire MiceChat community to join us in the upcoming AIDS Walk LA on Oct 15th in West Hollywood. It is a 10K walk and should be a lot of fun, while supporting a VERY worthy cause. Wether you choose to walk with us or make a donation to the MiceChat team, your help is much appreciated click this link and then select "General Team Donation" on the right hand side of the page.

MiceChat member, Chernabog, will be coordinating the event, so if you have any questions, please feel free to post here or contact him directly.

How do you join the team? Simple, just click here and then select the "Join Our Team" link in the middle of the page. I've set an initial goal for us to recruit 25 walkers and raise at least $5,000.

Set a personal fundraising goal for yourself. Try to reach that goal without asking people on MiceChat to sponsor you. We will have a link on the site where members can sponsor the team as a whole, rather than any one individual.

From the link above, you can sign up, forward it to others so they can sign up, or ask people to donate to your or the team. People donate by clicking the name of the team or any individual on the team. The donations are registered to whatever name the person clicks on. It is super easy, you'll figure it out when you click the link.

I'll leave it to Chernabog to fill in the rest of the details regarding the event (team attire, where and when to meet, activities for after, etc).

Team MiceChat AIDS Walk LA, 2006 logo Merchandise:

http://www.cafepress.com/aidswalkla

Let's get this party started! CLICK HERE To Sign Up or Donate

Last edited by Dustysage; 09-25-2006 at 10:38 PM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Earth Intruder

Re: AIDS Walk LA - Join Team MiceChat

Hey kids!!! I am super excited about doing this I've participated in the Walk for many years now, and it is a LOT of fun. There's a ton of fun people, everyone's all energized, tons of little giveaway items, drink stations every kilometer or so... really, you won't be thirsty or hungry on this walk. And all the money is tax-deductible and goes to a very worthy cause.

If you register on the AIDS Walk site for Team MiceChat, please post HERE as well to let us know that you've registered. We are currently creating a design for a cafe press T-shirt, and will give you the link once that has been uploaded. Won't we be stylish?

If we get 20 people to sign up for our team before October 11th, we'll get our own meeting booth (yay!), so as far as meeting places are concerned I'll know better closer to the event.

It is a 10K walk (6.2 miles) and should take 2-3 hours. It starts and ends at West Hollywood Park (on San Vicente between Melrose and Santa Monica, basically where the Pacific Design Center is).

From the FAQ on the site:

Q: WHAT IS THE SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY OF AIDS WALK LOS ANGELES?
    A:8:30AM - Sign-In Opens
    9:15AM - Aerobic Workout
    9:30AM - Opening Ceremony Begins
    10:00AM - Walk Begins!

At about 1:30 we'll all meet at a restaurant afterwards for lunchy munchies.

Then we can all head over to Al's place and see how many people we can pack into his pad! (Just kidding about that last part Al, hee hee).

I just signed up on the site myself via the link that Todd posted above. You can even create your own homepage for the walk when you sign up. You enter your personal info when you sign up and they'll send you a confirming email and a donation packet in the mail.

I'll pick a restaurant and we'll all have a nice huge lunch afterwards if you didn't get enough to eat on the Walk itself. No we are not going to Canter's Deli, that is just gross. But maybe Jerry's or another place within walking distance that we can all wreak havoc on (and that takes a group reservation).

Well that's it for now! It's gonna be tons of fun and I can't wait to see y'all there! If you have any questions PLEASE post them here, PM me, or email me at [email protected]. Taco flavored kisses for my micechatters!
    Last edited by Chernabog; 09-01-2006 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Added deadlines :)
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• I'm your huckleberry.

Kids, what's the deadline for signing up? I'd love to participate, but don't know what my schedule will be like for a couple of weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole View Post
    Kids, what's the deadline for signing up? I'd love to participate, but don't know what my schedule will be like for a couple of weeks!
    October 15 is a Sunday. There is no deadline for signing up.
    Last edited by Chernabog; 09-01-2006 at 08:46 AM.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

That is a busy three weekends in a row, but I will be there. I had warned Nathan about AIDS Walk a while ago. I can give him the day off and take the kids to one of my parent's houses for the day.

I am so glad to be a part of this. I have wanted to participate in AIDS Walk for years. It will be a lot mmore meaningful to do my first one with such good friends.

All signed up.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• up to no good

What if you want to donate/sponsor the micechat team?

Since I live in NY I would like to help donate money for the team
    Last edited by Kaye; 09-01-2006 at 05:57 AM. Reason: error
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair) View Post
    Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

• up to no good

Never mind I figured it out I made my Donation.....
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair) View Post
    Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Talking Re: AIDS Walk LA - Join Team MiceChat

Quote Originally Posted by I_luv_Disney View Post
    What if you want to donate/sponsor the micechat team?

For all those interested in donating to team MiceChat, simply CLICK HERE. You'll land on the MiceChat page of the Aids Walk website. On the right hand side is a list of participants. Click the top one (General Team Donation) and it will walk you through donating to the team as a whole. Otherwise, if you are supporting an individual walker, you can click their name.

Thank you to all who support the team by walking or donating!
    Last edited by Dustysage; 09-01-2006 at 07:41 AM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

I can't be there for the walk, but I will be happy to donate.

GO TEAM MICECHAT!!!!!

• Circle of Ancients

We are going to see if we can do it this day. I'm in Indianapolis earlier that week on business, but I think we can make it.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot View Post
    All signed up.
    Yay!!! Can't wait to see you there. And yes, Sept-Oct is apparently MiceChat Event-O-Rama. Fun times with great friends!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I'm about 98% sure I'll be a part of this.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    I'm about 98% sure I'll be a part of this.
    If you're that sure that you can go, then by all means please sign up for the team! You can still collect donations, etc. and then if you can't go on the day of the event, you'll still have your donations to give.

• Earth Intruder

Oooh Lance Bass is gonna be there. heheh I hope he brings his b/f along too, eh?

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    Oooh Lance Bass is gonna be there. heheh I hope he brings his b/f along too, eh?
    uh... yeah. Lance Bass...

BUT COOL I JOINED! This is gonna be so cool!
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast