Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

• Know More Than You Should

Re: Official Gumball Rally and MiceQuest Results

Wow! Great job guys. I'm sorry I couldn't make it- I would have loved to try my hand at the Gumball rally, and that desert party looked awesome! Well, maybe next time...

Keep up the great work MiceChat! And great job to everyone who participated!

Quote Originally Posted by ltleelim View Post
    Thanks Dusty. I feel better because we did in fact stay for all of the Tiki Room and Honey I Shrunk the Audience.

However, I do admit that we skipped the Innoventions presentation and headed right into the center, which is something we learned from watching other guests in the past. Sorry about that. I guess that would've added maybe 10-15 minutes to our time.

Just out of curiosity, did any of the faster teams skip anything? I'm not interested in pointing fingers. I just want to get an idea of what the fastest possible times are like.

Lloyd
    Actually our team did the same as you. We stayed through all of Tiki, all of HISTA, but for Innoventions we walked straight to the center, skipping the presentation. I think that's okay, since I skip the presentation most of the time and head straight for a game.

Other than that, we had the opportunity to skip a few steps, but rest assured we didn't! All of our points are legit! We even had a bunch of ideas of technically not going against the rules, but we didn't want to ruin the spirit of the event (experiencing every attraction fully by day's end), so we didn't do anything tricky.

All I can say is use fastpasses galore! At one point, I had 8 fast passes in my pocket. We kept close attention to the fine print saying when we can grab another fp, and ultimately that's what we planned our schedule around.

• I was deleted.

Very nice update! I'm glad you all had fun!

Quote Originally Posted by pizzamousechips View Post
    Other than that, we had the opportunity to skip a few steps, but rest assured we didn't!
    We could have skipped a few steps too, but we didn't. Yes, it was all about the spirit of the event!

Quote Originally Posted by pizzamousechips View Post
    All I can say is use fastpasses galore! At one point, I had 8 fast passes in my pocket. We kept close attention to the fine print saying when we can grab another fp, and ultimately that's what we planned our schedule around.
    Yes, of course. FastPasses weren't our problem. My scheduling was the problem. I guess I'll write up a little trip report.

Lloyd

• Banned User

Congrats to all!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ltleelim View Post
    We could have skipped a few steps too, but we didn't. Yes, it was all about the spirit of the event!
    Plus, you never know when a spotter is watching! There were groups of us all over the park.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• Waiting Since 1992

Quote Originally Posted by mainstreetmini View Post
    Why is your house that small?
    OT:
    waves! Hey, it's Sara. I hung out with you, dontbecheekin, NeverNeverLand and a few others at the meet on Sunday!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick View Post
    Don't think us Questers got out of having to see HISTA either! It was so funny...all 4 teams that went in at the same time as we did all had the same idea: Sit at the back to the far right so as soon as we got the answer we could get the heck out!
    hmm.... interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    "In other news, Disney executives responded positively to the recent spike in Honey I Shrunk the Audience attendance this past weekend and have agreed to keep the show at least another 5 years."
    Noo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Just a note to all the teams who DID STAY until the end, you did the right thing. I specifically reminded all Rally teams in the morning that the goal of the event was to ride EVERY attraction and that even if you knew the answer, you would need to complete the attraction anyway. This was the very basic rule of the game. Thankfully only a few of you seemed confused upon the point. We also handed out a telephone slip for people to call if they had any questions about the rules. Consider yourself warned for next year
    see, i could have helped with the rules... heck.. I know how to change loopholes to no one but myselfs advantage...

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJenn View Post
    Plus, you never know when a spotter is watching! There were groups of us all over the park.
    see, we were um.. ok... i dont have anythig for this... just hard to image people catching contestants walking out of honey early...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post

see, we were um.. ok... i dont have anythig for this... just hard to image people catching contestants walking out of honey early...
    Tomorrowland isn't that big. Besides, I think most teams were doing the right thing and staying in the spirit of the competition.

Winning by cheating sounds like a hollow victory to me.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Official Gumball Rally and MiceQuest Results

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJenn View Post
    I think most teams were doing the right thing and staying in the spirit of the competition.
    I totally agree. In fact, I don't think anyone intentionally did anything that they thought would be an unfair advantage. We had a LOT of people call the info line to ask questions because they didn't accidentally want to break a rule. The spotters were everywhere. We'll have even more next time.

We learned a lot from this event. As smoothly as it ran, it will only get better as we do more of these.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Animatronic American

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    We didn't eat 'on' a ride technically ...

When we went for HISTA it was a 13 minute wait so we headed over to Redd Rockets for a piece o' pizza and a soda. Got back in line with 8 minutes to showtime and the CM says "You only have 8 minutes to finish that".

I think we finished with more time to spare than we needed and spent some time chatting with team 37.

The Animatronic Americans ate Chimichangas while in line for the Mad Tea Party. One word:

Mistake.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bernout View Post

The Animatronic Americans ate Chimichangas while in line for the Mad Tea Party. One word:

Mistake.
    Eating the Chimichangas at any time is usually a mistake I can only wonder how you were able to finish with a bomb like that ticking away in your stomachs

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Animatronic American

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    hahahaha...

It's just that the 1 Trophy already sits so proudly here... If we were to play again we would undoubtedly win again and then I would have all these trophies... now when friends come over they would think I'm trying to show off with trophies everywhere... And you know what... I don't like to show off because I really hate to brag about myself winning all the time. Like when I won the Disneyland gay day scavenger hunt and then went back the next day and won the DCA Scavenger Hunt. Really just hate bragging... Hate it.

MAYBE we'll see you all again next time! Thanks for a great game!
    Interesting....
    Last edited by Dustysage; 10-05-2006 at 10:41 AM.

• Animatronic American

Hehe, sorry about the little joke there, but I couldn't help myself. I'll play nice.

Perhaps this is a little late to chime in, but I just wanted to add that the Quest was an immensely rewarding and challenging experience. I'm glad there were many questions that catered to various skill levels and intellects. If it were completely dumbed down to the level of asking to simply count rides or pick up a brochure, I doubt it would have felt as much like a competition.

My hat is off to the author(s) of the Mini Micequest. I'm looking forward to a hearty challenge during the next one...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast