View Poll Results: Will You Be Sailing With Us?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm Going on the Westbound Invasion! (May)

9 37.50%
  • I'm Going on the Eastbound Invasion! (August)

3 12.50%
  • Maybe on the Westbound (May)

4 16.67%
  • Maybe on the Eastbound (August)

0 0%
  • Undecided on Either - You'll Have to Convince Me

8 33.33%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

MiceChat Invasion 3 at Sea!

You have all heard the news the Disney Magic is coming back to LA for sailings to Mexico May 25 to Aug 17, 2008 and they will be doing two repositioning cruises through the Panama Canal.
    Craig's Travel, the travel partner of MiceChat is making a special offer to all of you on these cruises.

MiceChat Invasion 3 at Sea

May 10,2008 - Panama Canal Westbound - Join Disneyphile, Mystery Guest, and other MC'ers for a 15 day invasion at sea. This is the adult invasion.

Aug 17, 2008 - Join the Wolfpack as we sail Eastbound through the Panama Canal for a 15 day invasion at sea. This is the kid friendly invasion.

Here is the offer. Book either of these two cruises or any one of the 7 day Mexico sailings for 2008 with Craig's Travel and you will receive a shipboard credit as follows: Per Stateroom

Inside Stateroom - $100.00
    Outside Stateroom - $150.00
    Verandah Stateroom - $200.00

Last edited by Mr. Lightyear999; 01-25-2007 at 09:50 PM.

• GO DBACKS!!

Re: MiceChat Invasion 3 at Sea!

OK, I'm seriously considering this as a graduation gift for myself since I graduate March of 2008.

Can you tell me a little about the differences, pros/cons of the different staterooms? Someone once told me that if you think you might get seasick to make sure you book an inside stateroom. But if I'm going to go on my first cruise ever I want VIEWS!!

Thanks!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid View Post
    Can you tell me a little about the differences, pros/cons of the different staterooms? Someone once told me that if you think you might get seasick to make sure you book an inside stateroom. But if I'm going to go on my first cruise ever I want VIEWS!!
    I've always sailed with the cheapest category - which is the inside stateroom.

The only drawback - it feels like the middle of the night when you awake in the morning, because it's pitch black. However, I counter this with a small timer and night light.

On our honeymoon, we were upgraded to a porthole about 3 days in (due to a situation). The view was nice, but you must be willing to pay a LOT of extra money for it.

Personally, while I enjoyed the porthole view, I'm just as comfy in an inside stateroom, because I'm usually only there to sleep, shower, and change.

The inside staterooms are approx. 10' x 18', so they're very roomy.

Here are photo comparisons -

Inside Stateroom - bed view:

Inside Stateroom - entrance/bathroom view:

Inside Stateroom - "living area" view:

Deluxe Outside Stateroom (Deck 2):

The Deluxe Outside rooms are also a bit larger in square footage and offer a split bathroom.

Also, being your first cruise and unsure about whether or not you'll feel sick, you'll want to request a room located midship - fore and aft can be pretty shaky in choppy waters.

Feel free to ask me anything - I love talking about the Magic.

• GO DBACKS!!

Thanks Teresa, that is really helpful. I love the porthole room!! If we go it would be on the May 10th departure date, your cruise!!!

What's the difference between the adult invasion and kid friendly invasion, I mean besides the obvious? Are kids allowed on the adult invasion? Is this a designation by the cruise line? Not that I have kids, just curious.

I don't think I have ever taken a 15 day vacation. And to be able to go thru the Panama canal!!! I'm really excited. I hope it works out for us!!

• insufferable know-it-all

More pictures!!!!!

Lightyear: can you post the prices for each level?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Shubisha

What are the actual prices? I looked at your site and couldn't find this cruise on it heh.

And where does the 'adult' one go, if not through the Panama canal?(the description seems to suggest that this one doesn't do that). And where do we get let off? That Cape somethingoranother in florida disney owns? I smell WDW trip.

//I just realized oh the first adult one comes west through the panama canal, nevermind that part.

• insufferable know-it-all

Thanks Teresa, that is really helpful. I love the porthole room!! If we go it would be on the May 10th departure date, your cruise!!!

What's the difference between the adult invasion and kid friendly invasion, I mean besides the obvious? Are kids allowed on the adult invasion? Is this a designation by the cruise line? Not that I have kids, just curious.

I don't think I have ever taken a 15 day vacation. And to be able to go thru the Panama canal!!! I'm really excited. I hope it works out for us!!
    The labels adult invasion and kid-friendly have to do with when kids are out of school. So the Westbound would be less likely to have kids on it. Nothing to do with the cruise line, just the dates of the trip.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon View Post
    The labels adult invasion and kid-friendly have to do with when kids are out of school. So the Westbound would be less likely to have kids on it. Nothing to do with the cruise line, just the dates of the trip.
    Ah, that makes sense. Amazing how you don't even think about those things when you don't have kids around.

Thanks!

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Ah, that makes sense. Amazing how you don't even think about those things when you don't have kids around.
    Exactly.

The great thing about this - the May cruise will have less kids, so adults can mingle and have fun without worrying about looking down a lot so we don't run into the little ones. Also - it sets a great environment for singles too. And, the August one presents a chance for families to sail together, and kids to make lifelong friends.

Prices will be released on Jan 31. I will post the rates for the different categories and the taxes at that time. There will not be specific brochures for this cruise created, but you can go on the website or send me an email and I can send you a brochure of the ship layout. I have also ordered DVD's of the ship and those will be available also. Either send me a PM or an email at [email protected] and we will get them to you.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Is this a pay at once or will there be a payment plan?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Is this a pay at once or will there be a payment plan?
    $500.00 deposit is required at time of reservation. Balance is due Feb 9, 2008. Deposit is refundable up to that final payment date. You are more than welcome to make payments.

• World Traveler

From experience, being on lots and lots of cruises, may I recommend getting at least a window or a balcony on a cruise, especially if it's a longer cruise like the Trans-canal. They really are worth it and you have lots of time to save up for it.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast