Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

One Year Ago Today (A Misty, Water Colored Photo Skinny Memory Of) "The Way We Were"

It was just one year ago today, that I attended my first MiceChat meet.

It was Sunday, January 22, 2006 - and I was so excited to be attending not only my very first meet, but MiceChat's first annual birthday party.

And the very first MiceChatters I should happen upon, making my way to the first event...the Wolfpack!

And here are just a few of the wonderful people I met that wonderful day...

Great men of vision, who see and say it all with hugs...

That's Fishbulb and Dusty...thanks again guys!!!

Here's Dusty coming up with yet another important thought that guided us all through the past year...

A touching moment, indeed. And what can you say about the beauty and wonder of MiceChat???

Morrigoon and VillainsFan - two of the great ladies of MiceChat, along with NeverNeverLand and StitchTT6, both of whom I also had the pleasure of meeting, that day.

This was an emotional day for me, as it was my first day back at the park I'd had such a history with in about 10 years. I was anxious to hear about all the great developments of the Pressler era. Lost Boy was more than happy to tell me about all of them, and between bites of a Mickey Mouse pancake he had more than enough time!

Anyway, it was a very big meet - and a great way to get back to my Disney roots. Next Sunday's birthday party may be bigger, better and all that...but it will never replace those...misty water color memm-riessss...of the waaayyy we werrrrre....can it be that it was all, so simple then?

If we had the chance to do it all again, would we...could we...

See y'all for number two.

--Barry
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 01-22-2007 at 07:41 PM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Senior Minion

Re: One Year Ago Today (A Misty, Water Colored Photo Skinny Memory Of) "The Way We We

Great post Barry! I just love that picture at the end with you and the Partners statue. I can't wait until Sunday now!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: One Year Ago Today (A Misty, Water Colored Photo Skinny Memory Of) "The Way We We

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Morrigoon and VillainsFan - two of the great ladies of MiceChat, along with NeverNeverLand and StitchTT6, both of whom I also had the pleasure of meeting, that day.

WOW that shirt makes me look busty! I should wear it more often!
    I'll have to post some of my pics from that day
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

Great pics, but be glad I won't make it until a week late, or I might start singing and you wouldn't want to hear that <G>
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

• Directly directed

Great post Barry! Someday I too will make my first meet!

• insufferable know-it-all

Awww Barry, you charmer!

My god my hair has grown!!!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Oh, I so wish I was able to be there. I am thankful everyday for digital photography. Another of today's wonderful gadgets.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon View Post
    Awww Barry, you charmer!

My god my hair has grown!!!
    Wish I could make the same statement.

Thanks, Cindy and everyone.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Circle of Ancients

Awww! Great thread and pictures Barry!

You were so fortunate to meet so many wonderful people that day! And they were fortunate to meet you as well!

• Shubisha

Very nice =D I just found pictures of my first micechat meet the other day and it made me laugh It was the July 16th, 2005 drinkup. I was one of those that could only really start up a conversation with 2 or 3 people there and just sat shy(was more a VF person and met up with all of them the next day). Didn't go to another because I'd rarely be in town and I didn't end up going on Sundays when people seemed to go. So my next micechat meet wasn't until I moved back from Phoenix and got settled.. September 3, 2006 I think.

I didn't know a single person there and couldn't remember anyone really, and yet looking back a year and a half later I can name everyone there :P heh.

I forget your name though...

• Up is Down

great pics guys!
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    Awww! Great thread and pictures Barry!

You were so fortunate to meet so many wonderful people that day! And they were fortunate to meet you as well!
    That was very nice of you to say, Anne. I hope to spend a little time you this Sunday. With the group the size that it is, I hope I get the chance to at least meet everyone, and spend some quality time with at least some at all the different meets. I've got a premium AP now - and although the 110-mile each way difference makes it hard for me to come as often as some, I hope to make it to more meets overall in 2007 so I can become even more of a positive contribuiting member to this group.

--Barry

• Banned User

Wonderful thread Barry, and it was a pleasure meeting you to! I am thrilled you got an AP, heres to you going lots in 2007

• Still wants to be a cat!

Got chills with the memories....thanks Barry!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Still wants to be a cat!

Here's the Castle shot that day.....

Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast