Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Nervous about going to a meet HELP!!! please?

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how to get out of work for a period of time to make it to the meet in June for my first meet. I'll be in town for a week right across the street at the Hilton.. we'll probably hit DLR thurs/fri but over the weekend I'll be working. I can't take sunday off, but maybe I could sneak a 'long lunch' Now to find a sponsor who could help me so I don't have to buy a park ticket for just 1hr!.. maybe I should try the 1hr shopping pass?
    Wow, how come you have to work sunday and not thurs/fri?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Wow, how come you have to work sunday and not thurs/fri?
    Because I'm there to setup and run a convention. Setup is on the weekend so that show itself can run during the week. Me and a buddy are thinking of coming out early to get some uninterrupted days at DLR.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat View Post
    Find Fishbulb, introduce yourself and let him take care of the rest. Between him and Dustysage, you'll be in good hands.
    Be careful with fishy... he likes to flash you randomly with his camera...

but yes, find someone taking photos of shoes in the hub and say mice chat.. if he/she responds.. they will help you. meeting is not the hard part though, introducing yourself to everyone and remembering names with faces and such is hard!

• For old time sake

Here's my advice for having the best possible first time meet (besides saying hi to fishbulb and dustysage... they're just insanely awesome): participate in this forum as much as you possibly can. Make your posts interesting, memorable, funny.... the folks you meet will open a lot more when they know who you are... because you won't be a stranger to them. They'll know your name and thus, feel comfortable with you.

I remember my first meet, I didn't post all that much or frequent enough that everyone knew who I was. But there are still some amazing people on this board who will take you under their wing regardless.

There are some wonderful people on micechat and I think after you check it out, you'll have a great time.
    But I remember meeting you in Jan and I thought you were cool, even if I had only seen a couple of your posts!!!!
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

I was going to show up with my adorable 4-yr old nephew and have him introduce himself to everybody. I figure I'd meet enough people by trailing in his wake. When all else fails, use a cute kid!

Unfortunately he lives in Canada, so I can't drag him to the park anytime I want and get the residual benefits from his cuteness factor. Durn. I'll have to think of something else now.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    I'm still working out the details for my virgin meet but I think that upon arrival I'll let out a reverberating Tarzan yell (complete with chest beating) and then just start bear hugging everyone in the hub.
    I'm with PrincessButtercup! I wanna be there for that one too!

Make your posts interesting, memorable, funny.... the folks you meet will open a lot more when they know who you are... because you won't be a stranger to them. They'll know your name and thus, feel comfortable with you.
    Thats a good part of it! Just keep hanging out here, get to know everyone, post everywhere and before you know it you will feel like one of the family!

My very first meet was last October. It was actually a Saturday meet, because it was Gay Days weekend and they had a MiceChat meet both Saturday and Sunday. I got to the hub early, and was sitting on a bench across from the hub where I could see. The first person I saw, was Wolfy999. I had never met her, but I had seen her picture in trip reports so I almost felt like I knew her. I was really nervous... but I walked over to her, introduced myself...

And wow... it was totally amazing after that! Everyone was so wonderful and amazing, it was like I had known all of these people my whole life because everyone was so happy and friendly!

Believe me, after you've hung out her a while, when you finally do get to go it will be like going to a family reunion! Don't be shy! Don't be afraid! Just do it!!

And yes... Fishy DOES give the most amazing hugs!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Loves Fajita!

I have this same fear, and I am going in September

I am lucky that I have the opportunity to get my feet wet next week at the Marty Sklar event up here in Washington...

But I am as shy as it gets, I already told my hubby that I dont know if I will be able to do it when I go to DLR!
    Last edited by LLEBREKNIT; 05-16-2007 at 10:26 AM.

• Circle of Ancients

[QUOTE=Rixter;1731970]I can totally relate to your feelings. I was a nervous wreck at our first meet. In fact, I remember pushing MickeyMaxx in front of me as we approached the hub. It was a classic "You go first - no, you go first - no you go first" scenario.

I can't believe you two were nervous...you are both so calm and kind and I just can't even imagine anyone not liking both of you instantly!

We hooked up with VillainsFan who put us totally at ease at our first meet, and the rest, as they say, is history.

I LOVE Villain's Fan! She is one of the first people I ever met from the Disney boards! Her smile makes you feel totally welcome and comfortable instantly! Look for her...she's the red head!!!

But I remember meeting you in Jan and I thought you were cool, even if I had only seen a couple of your posts!!!!
    Same with me. I had only rad a few of Cohete Boy's posts , but I already had a pretty good idea of what he'd be like in person! And he turned out to be even funnier than I thought..he has a great sense of humor!

Quote Originally Posted by LLEBREKNIT View Post
    I have this same fear, and I am going in September

But I am as shy as it gets, I already told my hubby that I dont know if I will be able to do it when I go to DLR!
    You know, my hubby is really shy and he has something that might help you. I'll see if I can get him to post it here for you. Let me make a call...............

• no one to be trifled with

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    You know, my hubby is really shy and he has something that might help you. I'll see if I can get him to post it here for you. Let me make a call...............
    This, um, really isn't a recommendation, per se, but since the Princess asked...

video link

(I don't know the source for this video - please send attribution info via PM and I'll add it.)
    Last edited by Westley; 05-11-2007 at 10:06 AM. Reason: link note added

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Find Fishbulb, introduce yourself and let him take care of the rest. Between him and Dustysage, you'll be in good hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    The best advice in the whole thread!
    I didn't meet Fishbulb and Dustysage until months after my first meet (it was a Friday night), but I was warmly welcomed by several other MiceChatters, including Crazylegs, Wolfy, and DisneyKat. The following Sunday was my birthday, and though it was a small meet, I got to know several others fairly well at lunch.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 5751 miles, 319,000 feet

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Quote Originally Posted by Westley View Post
    This, um, really isn't a recommendation, per se, but since the Princess asked...
    OMG! That is so funny! MickeyMaxx and I are cracking up right now!
    Rick

• Still wants to be a cat!

The Wolfpack was nervous....since everyone has to have a "first" meet. Have met some of the best people and friends that will last a lifetime since that "first" meet. Two years now and still enjoy every one of the meets!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    The Wolfpack was nervous....since everyone has to have a "first" meet. Have met some of the best people and friends that will last a lifetime since that "first" meet. Two years now and still enjoy every one of the meets!
    When was your guy's first meet?

• Still wants to be a cat!

Two years ago this past April was the Wolpack's first meet (mentioned it in post).
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

I am also new to the boards and I'll be going to Disneyland Memorial Day weekend. I'll be orphaned while my boyfriend is at a soccer tournament. I'm not sure if anyone is going to be around with it being a holiday weekend, but I'd love some company and I SOO want to go to a meet. I've been seeing pictures and reading about them so much that I want to join in the fun. I wanna sink a ship, eat pockys, and be a C.O.W. member!!!!

JuJu

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast