Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Lets just say the only place in california that celebrates BEANS!

Nervous about going to a meet HELP!!! please?

Okay so it wont be a while till I go to Disneyland but i'm nervous about going to a meet cause i'm shy and I am not the type to just walk up to people and start talking but if you talk to me ill talk with you forever =] Any tips for me when I go to my first meet the next time I get a chance to go down to Disneyland. Almost everyone here seems like the friendly bunch.

• For old time sake

Re: Nervous about going to a meet HELP!!! please?

Find Fishbulb, introduce yourself and let him take care of the rest. Between him and Dustysage, you'll be in good hands.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4lyfe View Post
    Okay so it wont be a while till I go to Disneyland but i'm nervous about going to a meet cause i'm shy and I am not the type to just walk up to people and start talking but if you talk to me ill talk with you forever =] Any tips for me when I go to my first meet the next time I get a chance to go down to Disneyland. Almost everyone here seems like the friendly bunch.
    Contact the Micechatter you feel the most comfortbale with and see if he/she is going to be at a meet the same day as you. Then have him/her introduce you to people. I think when people learn this is your first meet, they will go out of their way to make you feel welcome! Be brave!

Edited to add: Just saw Disneykat's advice above....excellent !!

• All you need is LOVE

I agree contact someone who is going stick with them that will help We always have fun

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat View Post
    Find Fishbulb, introduce yourself and let him take care of the rest. Between him and Dustysage, you'll be in good hands.
    The best advice in the whole thread!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat View Post
    Yep yep!

And I keep reading your avatar has "holla"
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Quality not quantity

I know where you are coming from. I'm planning to attend my first Official Micechat meet in June. It's sometimes difficult to know just how to make that leap from online to real life. I'm still working out the details for my virgin meet but I think that upon arrival I'll let out a reverberating Tarzan yell (complete with chest beating) and then just start bear hugging everyone in the hub.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Everybody is really great, super friendly. If you feel it neccessary, PM a mod and plan to meet with him or her first, so they can introduce you to the group.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Banned User

If you do not feel comfortable after we have been trying to make you feel comfortable at the meet.

DO NOT LEAVE. Try staying a bit longer, but if you really have to leave, say that you have to go to the bathroom and walk off towards plaza gardens and don't come back.

But that won't happen. You'll have a great time! I remember my first meet.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    I I'm still working out the details for my virgin meet but I think that upon arrival I'll let out a reverberating Tarzan yell (complete with chest beating) and then just start bear hugging everyone in the hub.
    I wanna be there for that!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Here's my advice for having the best possible first time meet (besides saying hi to fishbulb and dustysage... they're just insanely awesome): participate in this forum as much as you possibly can. Make your posts interesting, memorable, funny.... the folks you meet will open a lot more when they know who you are... because you won't be a stranger to them. They'll know your name and thus, feel comfortable with you.

I remember my first meet, I didn't post all that much or frequent enough that everyone knew who I was. But there are still some amazing people on this board who will take you under their wing regardless.

There are some wonderful people on micechat and I think after you check it out, you'll have a great time.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    participate in this forum as much as you possibly can. Make your posts interesting, memorable, funny.... the folks you meet will open a lot more when they know who you are.
    Well damn, I pooched that one. Have ya got any other ideas I can use?
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Oh my Goodness!

Pretty much all the advice given so far is great! When I went to my first meet I brought my sister with me (even tho she sat on a bench and sulked the whole time, but that's a different story....) so I felt better about meeting a bunch of "strangers." It's funny to think of our MiceChatters as "strangers" now though. Even though I've only been to a handful of meets you feel like you've known these people forever after being w/ them for a short time. Really everyone is super friendly and considerate. Have fun! And maybe I'll see ya there!

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

I can totally relate to your feelings. I was a nervous wreck at our first meet. In fact, I remember pushing MickeyMaxx in front of me as we approached the hub. It was a classic "You go first - no, you go first - no you go first" scenario.

We hooked up with VillainsFan who put us totally at ease at our first meet, and the rest, as they say, is history. We have made so many MiceChat friends that I get choked up just thinking about it. MiceChatters are the most open, friendly bunch of people that I have ever met.

Just push through your nervousness that first time and you will be hooked for life!
    Rick

• Pilot EdForceOne

I'm still trying to figure out how to get out of work for a period of time to make it to the meet in June for my first meet. I'll be in town for a week right across the street at the Hilton.. we'll probably hit DLR thurs/fri but over the weekend I'll be working. I can't take sunday off, but maybe I could sneak a 'long lunch' Now to find a sponsor who could help me so I don't have to buy a park ticket for just 1hr!.. maybe I should try the 1hr shopping pass?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast