Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

NorCal "POTC: AT WORLD'S END" MEET FER ALL YE PIRATE LOVIN' SCALLYWAGS!

Avast me maties! Come join Princess Buttercup, tiggerfan, Ride Warrior, TicTocDragon, Malibu Minion, butterfly lark, adelade, Trekie Dad, disneyballerina, ladydraggon and others...

Join in with the shenanigans of this ship load of skallywags as we raid Davy Jones refrigerator and set sail for Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End. Show yer ruddy self o' walk t' plank!

Date@Saturday, May 26th

Meal@4:30pm - The Brewing Company

Movie@7pm - Lodi Stadium 12 Cinemas

Shenanigans@all the time...

Tickets arrrrrrr! $9 each, and may be purchased in advance by mailing a money order ( at the rate of $9 per ticket) to tiggerfan. PM him to get his mailing address.

Make your money order out to Lodi Stadium 12 Cinemas. Be sure to include your MiceChat name on the envelope. Tiggerfan plans to take the money orders to the theater this coming Thursday to purchase the advance tickets.

Here is a link to Map Quest for directions - http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?bCTsettings=1

The address is -

Lodi Stadium 12 Cinemas
    209-339-1900
    109 N School St, Lodi, CA 95240
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-21-2007 at 01:13 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: NorCal "POTC: AT WORLD'S END" MEET FER ALL YE PIRATE LOVIN' SCALLYWAGS!

tiggerfan vbmenu_register("postmenu_1754925", true);

Ok driving directions.

I am assuming most folks will come on either I-5 or Highway 99. If not you will have to check a map to adjust to the directions.

From I-5 Directions

1. Take the Kettleman Lane/Highway 12 exit and drive East into Lodi. If you get to a shopping center with a McDonalds after a few miles you are going the right direction, if not you are going the wrong way.

2. Drive on Kettleman for a while. Past a McDonalds, past an IHOP, past a Burger King (do my landmarks show a trend ??).

3. In time you will come to Church Street. There is a stoplight at Church. On your righthand side as you approach Church is a shopping center with a KFC in it (and no I don't eat at these places but they are easy to spot).

4. Turn left on Church to go North.

You will drive for a while on Church through a residential section, past a school and then into a business district.

When you get to Oak street start paying attention.

The next street will be Pine, pay more attention

The final street to look for is Elm Street, you will see the big theater on the corner of Church and Pine.

At this point you have a few options for parking. If you turn right on Pine you will see a parking lot across the street from the theater. It's often full though.

Down Pine Street you will see another parking area on your left.

If both of these are full, drive down Pine to Sacramento Street and you should see a parking garage.

From 99 Directions

1. You will want to take the Kettleman/Highway 12 exit and drive West into Lodi. If you seem to be driving into the country you have gone the wrong direction.

2. After a little while you will come to a dip in the road, under an overpass.

3. Right after that you will come to a stoplight which is Church Street. Turn right on Church to go North.

At this point, follow the directions above for what to do on Church Street.

I hope these are reasonably clear directions.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Here are some restaurants that we can choose from -

For sammiches, there's Velvet Creamery, School Street Bistro, Blewett's Ice Cream Fountian & Restaurant, Rollin in Dough Eats, Sweets & Treats,
    and Quiznos subs.

There's also a Coldstone ice cream shop.

Chinese restaurants include China King Buffe, Teriyaki Time Dragon Lite Deli, Golden Rice Bowl, King Tsin, Yen Ching, and Wongs Mandarin restaurant.

Mexican estatablishments are Taqueria Jalisco, Miguel's, Angelo's, Habanero Hots Mexican Restaurante, El Rodeo Taqueria, El Rosal, El Pajaro, Caso Mexicana, Casa Flores II, Cactus Mexican Dining.

Pizza parlors and Italian restaurants are Downtown Pizza & Pasta, Papa Nick's Italian Restaurant, Pietro's Pizza, and String's Italian Cafe.

American dining and steak houses include Woodbridge Inn Steakhouse, Woodbridge Feed N Fuel. Wine & Roses, Travis Cafe & Catering, Lyon's, Denny's, Applebee's, and Carrow's.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-19-2007 at 10:19 AM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Lodi Restaurants > Alpha Listings

Here is a link to a complete list of Lodi restaurants, along with their addresses and phone numbers -

http://lodi.winecountry.com/thingsto...alistings.html
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-19-2007 at 10:41 AM.

• Minion

Nice job Warrior !
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

• Iron-Clad Allie

Thanks, tiggerfan!

Hopefully, additional MiceChatters will decide that they want to come to the meet.

• Zapp's Minion :D

Thanks for all the info!! See you next Saturday.

•   
    • I <3 įoį

I'm coming, i went to the post office and sent my stuff 2 hours ago
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu Minion View Post
    Thanks for all the info!! See you next Saturday.
    Can't wait! It's going to be sooo much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelade View Post
    I'm coming, i went to the post office and sent my stuff 2 hours ago
    Sweet.. Glad you acted quickly. We are organized and the event looks to be extremely promissing.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

I will see wat i can arrange. I would LOVE to go, I will know by tomorrow, and hopefully get it going by Monday morning.,..
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan View Post
    I will see wat i can arrange. I would LOVE to go, I will know by tomorrow, and hopefully get it going by Monday morning.,..
    Awesome, plus some! Can't wait to meet you in person...the Man behind the Pan. It will definitely be a day of friendship and fun.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

I rode my bike up to Lodi today, checked out the scene, and bought my ticket. I had lunch outside at Scooters, which is in the same building as the cinema. Nice little place for sandwiches, wraps, salads, and fancy coffee drinks. Also in the building are burger joint, Starbucks, Coldstone, and Quiznos.

Across the street is Lodi Feed and Fuel (reviewed here), and diagonally across is a Mexican place that the local I was eating with said wasn't very good.

Scooters looks informal and fun, food's good, prices are reasonable, but a really large group might overwhem the place. In any case I'd like to meet someplace close to the cinema. And I'm not a fan of burger joints, since I don't eat red meat and try to avoid fried food. (I will be coming from a barbecue lunch in Victor, anyway.)
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad View Post
    I rode my bike up to Lodi today, checked out the scene, and bought my ticket. I had lunch outside at Scooters, which is in the same building as the cinema. Nice little place for sandwiches, wraps, salads, and fancy coffee drinks. Also in the building are burger joint, Starbucks, Coldstone, and Quiznos.

Across the street is Lodi Feed and Fuel (reviewed here), and diagonally across is a Mexican place that the local I was eating with said wasn't very good.

Scooters looks informal and fun, food's good, prices are reasonable, but a really large group might overwhem the place. In any case I'd like to meet someplace close to the cinema. And I'm not a fan of burger joints, since I don't eat red meat and try to avoid fried food. (I will be coming from a barbecue lunch in Victor, anyway.)
    You're super, Trekkie Dad! A plentitude of thanks for appraising the theater area for nearby restaurants. It sounds very encouraging. You are right in suggesting that we will be better organised and better off by dining close to the show.

• Minion

I would agree with Trekkie that a large group would be a bit much for a large group.

If we don't need to eat close to the theater, Strings offers good Italian and can handle more people as well as meat vs non meat options.

And of course there is no rule that says we all have to eat together.
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfan View Post
    I would agree with Trekkie that a large group would be a bit much for a large group.

If we don't need to eat close to the theater, Strings offers good Italian and can handle more people as well as meat vs non meat options.

And of course there is no rule that says we all have to eat together.
    Well, I certainly love Strings. Plus, Lodi is a small town where everything is relatively close. The vegetarian aspect that you brought up is another good reason for going there.

Since were not going to Disneyland we need to splurge! Time wise, we've certainly distanced ourselves from the show enough to avoid a conflict.

Looks like there's going to be Strings attached to this meet.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-20-2007 at 07:04 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast