Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Advice For Mice Chat Meets

I don't know if this was mentioned, but couldn't find it. I thought this could be sticky to help all MCers on MC meets.

My dilemma is that I am shy around large group of people I don't know. I just feel so out of place. Everybody knows everybody and I don't know how to talk to fellow MCers. I feel like loner because most MCers are older than and no one there is around my age.

Anyone got an excellent advice to ease my fear on MC Meets??

• Ok time for cocoa

Re: Advice For Mice Chat Meets

Just do it, just let us know you there, and see if you can get away.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

• no flash photography...

I have the same feelings at the meets. (although I'm nit the youngest one..) I have been to a few, but everyone seems to now everyone else and I feel like the odd one out. I'm also shy and very hesitant to just walk up and start talking to someone.

i don't really have any advice except just got o one, because there are a few that are very nice and outgoing and will make you feel welcome.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

You could also befriend Dusty or I. We don't bite. Well, not often. And we've had our shots so it's cool. Send us a PM Let us know you are stopping by. We'll know to look for you and then the rest will be history.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Resident Duck

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    I don't know if this was mentioned, but couldn't find it. I thought this could be sticky to help all MCers on MC meets.

My dilemma is that I am shy around large group of people I don't know. I just feel so out of place. Everybody knows everybody and I don't know how to talk to fellow MCers. I feel like loner because most MCers are older than and no one there is around my age.

Anyone got an excellent advice to ease my fear on MC Meets??
    I know what you mean! I'm exactly the same way. I think I'll have to bring a buddy if I ever plan on going to a meet. Haha, or maybe I'll go the stalker-ish route and merely follow the group around a good distance behind.

Disney has ruined my love life

• GO DBACKS!!

Arrange to meet just one person before the meet so you don't have to go alone. Start by getting to know people here on the boards that you know will be at the meet. PM them and arrange to meet somewhere beforehand. There is strength in numbers. Good luck!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Earky said it wonderfully!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• For old time sake

Let Dustysage know when you will be there.......he's awesome and will help you feel at home with all the MC gang.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid View Post
    Arrange to meet just one person before the meet so you don't have to go alone. Start by getting to know people here on the boards that you know will be at the meet. PM them and arrange to meet somewhere beforehand. There is strength in numbers. Good luck!
    I did, i met SuperStacie, but then lost her!! I went to the meet by myself, but manage to sneak away, hehehe

• Yesterland AP

And when we're at a meet, we could all (myself included) make a little more effort to introduce ourselves to people we haven't met before. Isn't that one of the best parts of these gatherings anyway?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

one of the first meets i went to...i sat on the other side of the hub and just watched everyone...lol

being shy is crappy! i hate it. but sometimes you gotta suck it up and just say hello to a person or two that you recognize. its worked well for me at the last couple of meets i've been too.
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I totally understand where you are coming from. I'm basically a shy person, and pretty quiet and reserved.

No... really....

Anyway, years ago I had gone to the Santa Anita race track and met some people from the eBay cafe where I use to hang out, and actually had a really great time. I have since lost touch with all of them, but it was a step.

So when it came to my first meet, I was a bit nervous and a tad apprehensive. Here I was, not only going to Disneyland but spending the night in a motel with 4 other women I had never in my life met before. What was I thinking?

Before I met up with the people I would be staying with, I went to the first meet. (It was Gay Days weekend last year, there were meets Sat and Sun.). The first people I met were Wolfy and Club 33. I had seen their pictures so I knew who they were. I just walked up to them, introduced myself...

And the rest is history. I've gone to 5 meets now I think, and its the greatest thing! Its a bit intimidating when its a big meet, and its easy to get "lost in the crowd" the first time. But everyone is great! Like everyone said... get to know Dusty and Fishy first.... just hang out... after you get to know a few more people it gets to be even more fun!!

In fact, my last trip in April I spend the whole day floating among different groups of MiceChatters. I was there for about 16 hours, and spent various parts of the day with clusters of different MiceChatters that I had gotten to know over time! It was the best meet.... so far!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Circle of Ancients

I think you were at the last meet I was at , weren't you, on June 24?

If so, I think I noticed you sitting on the railing and said hi. The hub part of the meets can be chaotic so you just have to jump into the crowd , go up to people and say "Hi , I'm Dan-tasmic. What's your name?" That's about as much conversation as you're going to have there.

Then when everyone goes to lunch, find a smaller group of people to sit with at a table and you will be able to have some real conversations.

Also, when you're in line , you can have some real conversations with whoever is in front or back of you.

The nice thing is you don't have to make small talk since you already know some things about people from this board. But some good questions to ask people to get a conversation going are "Where are you from? How did you find out about Micechat ? What section do you like to read the most and why? " Etc.

Also, you miht want to go to a single rider since sometimes those usually draw some of the younger Micechatters.

Everyone's nervous at their first meet, but it gets easier with each one.

Relax, smile and have fun!

• The Duck Rules

Find me and I will be happyto help you get your "feet wet" at one of our meets.

I am the short overwieght redhead so I am not hard to find. Or sure for judimouse on MiceChat for a picture of me.
    judimouse

Mousefest 2008 here we come

http://www.tinkstravel.com

http://www.dlresortinfo.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Just look for my Bud Fishbulb. He's awesome. It's him and Dusty that got my wife addicted to Micechat and the meets. It was sooooo funny. My first meet I just went to check on my friend RangerRick and see how he was doing after his surgery. My wife just sat there on a bench away from the group and kept checking her watch. The next time we went, she totally fell in love with Fishbulb, Dustysage, MickeyMaxx and Rixter. That got her addicted. Now she likes hanging out with Judimouse, Snow_White_Raven, TikiRoomLiz, CrazyLegs and MonorailMan. As for me......I'm an anti social loner who hates hanging out with anybody. Yeah, like anybody here would believe that.
    Don't be afraid to come to the meets. You meet some real awesome people.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast