View Poll Results: Are you attending Mickey's Halloween Treat on Oct. 31st?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, yes I am.

4 57.14%
  • I'd like to dinner before too.

1 14.29%
  • I'd like to do drinks after.

3 42.86%
  • I'm not going. :P

3 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Miss Marvel

Oct. 31st Mickey's Halloween Treat Meet

It's been about 4 and half months since originally planned and discussed.....

Mickey's Halloween Treat
    on
    HALLOWEEN!!!!

So, who all has their tickets? Where do we want to meet? WHEN do we want to meet? Should we try dinner first? Or drinks after? Both? None of the above? Are any of the bars still open that late on a Wednesday? Let your voice be heard!

EDIT: It has been decided. We will meet at the Hearthstone Lounge in the Grand California Hotel at 6 PM. We will walk over to DCA together. Any plans for after the event will be made that night depending on how we feel.
    Last edited by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd; 10-30-2007 at 06:55 PM. Reason: For final details
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• Miss Marvel

Re: Oct. 31st Mickey's Halloween Treat Meet

I can't commit to dinner before as Batman and I might have work, but we don't know yet. If we have nothing to do before, we could totally do dinner before. But right now, we can only commit to activities AFTER.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• Senior Minion

What kind of drinks are we talking about?

I'll be there, and all dressed up too! As for where to meet, maybe inside the park would be a good idea ... I'm thinking 8pm by the Cove Bar. I'll be getting out of work early that day, going to the park to renew my AP ... and then going back to my car to change into my costume ... so before the event I won't be able to do much.

• Miss Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    What kind of drinks are we talking about?

I'll be there, and all dressed up too! As for where to meet, maybe inside the park would be a good idea ... I'm thinking 8pm by the Cove Bar. I'll be getting out of work early that day, going to the park to renew my AP ... and then going back to my car to change into my costume ... so before the event I won't be able to do much.

I was thinking alcohol. There. I said it.

We could do that. I was hoping to hang out with people from the get go.

Cove Bar sounds like a good central location. It's a big walkway too, so we won't be crowding anyone. But I suppose if we meet inside, we have to wait until later so everyone can enter. Hmmm.

Anybody else have two cents to throw in?

• Shubisha

Just so ya know cove bar itself is closed and the area in front of it is a character picture taking location. There's still plenty of open space by it but there will be a line of people on both ends and people exiting it.

• Miss Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Just so ya know cove bar itself is closed and the area in front of it is a character picture taking location. There's still plenty of open space by it but there will be a line of people on both ends and people exiting it.
    Good to know. Thanks.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I voted all three options. But I will wait see how this pans out. I'm sure we'll figure out somehow, somewhere to meet.

• Miss Marvel

Yeah. We need to hear from a few more people before an official time and place is decided on. I suspect on Monday, when every one is back at work, hehe, we'll hear some more.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

I have to see what my work (or lack thereof) schedule will be like. I am trying to finagle a way to stay at my current company, so I might not be able to stay out too late... I will know later in the week.
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• Miss Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    I have to see what my work (or lack thereof) schedule will be like. I am trying to finagle a way to stay at my current company, so I might not be able to stay out too late... I will know later in the week.
    I'm sending good thoughts your way. *crosses fingers*

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Good luck Pezz, but still keep looking for another job. I used to work for the work comp division for Health Net and then they sold our division to another insurance company based back east. We were able to save our positions for another couple of years but this new company decided to eventually shut our division down when they figured out how they could do what we did out where they were based.

Good luck Pezz. I'll keep my eye open for you too.

• Miss Marvel

I KNOW there are more people out there who said they were going.....

Anybody else have an opinion on the meet time or place?

• Senior Minion

Alright, how about if we meet at Hearthstone Lounge before the event and then walk over to DCA? I'd be up for that!

• Miss Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    Alright, how about if we meet at Hearthstone Lounge before the event and then walk over to DCA? I'd be up for that!
    That sounds like a good idea. We should be able to find each other there.

We could meet at 6 PM, and walk over together. As far as drinking/whatever after, we can just play it by ear. See how we feel.

Sound good?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
    That sounds like a good idea. We should be able to find each other there.

We could meet at 6 PM, and walk over together. As far as drinking/whatever after, we can just play it by ear. See how we feel.

Sound good?
    Sounds good to me! I'll be the one with the crown ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast