The meets on Sunday at Disneyland

I have a question for everyone that meets up on Sundays. What is it like? I have seen the photographs and read the threads and it sounds great, a bunch of like minded, Disney loving people all hanging out and walking around the park. BUT, does anybody bring their kids? I know I want to join up with you all and meet new people, but there is no way in heck that I would be able to go to Disneyland without bringing my 5 year old. He knows more about the park then I do. lol. Would that be considered a buzzkill if I showed up with him or not?

Either way, i will be there on Sunday. I will stop by to say hi and introduce myself to the group, but still not sure what the "Rules" are. If you know what I mean?

Thanks for a great site. I have found my new internet crack. lol..
    When hinges creek in doorless chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, Whenever candlelights flicker, where the air is deathly still, That is the time when ghosts are present practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.

Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion!

• Senior Minion

Re: The meets on Sunday at Disneyland

Welcome to MiceChat Nuklhed! Bringing your kids to the meets is fine, as many of our regular folks do that as well. We welcome everybody, alone or with a family. So come by, say hello and be ready to have a good time.

• Circle of Ancients

We usually do bring our kids, but generally when they are with us we don't hang with the group after the meet. It's hard enough to get 20+ people to decide what they want to do and the kids don't understand that sometimes. So we will usually break off from the main-group and just hang with a smaller group.

This is what we did at WDW as well and it was fine. You aren't going to hurt anybody's feelings.

Went to my first meet today and introduced myself. What a great, easy going group of people. You all made me feel very welcomed. And those Pooky sticks or whatever those were, were good. I didnt join in the photo, but the next meet up I will. Thanks to Sam for introducing me to people and taking the time to make me feel comfortable. See you next time for sure.
    When hinges creek in doorless chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, Whenever candlelights flicker, where the air is deathly still, That is the time when ghosts are present practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.

Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion!

• Goofy

It was nice to meet you nuklhed. Im glad you had fun.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Cool Nuk. It was nice meeting you. Stop by any old time.
    Last edited by aashee; 11-05-2007 at 09:24 PM. Reason: chronic spellitosis

• Seasick

Looks like I'll be in Anaheim this coming Sunday. I'm travelling alone so it'd be nice to meet some people on the Sunday (even, *gasp*, strangers). I take it this happens every Sunday and you're all easy to spot?
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    Looks like I'll be in Anaheim this coming Sunday. I'm travelling alone so it'd be nice to meet some people on the Sunday (even, *gasp*, strangers). I take it this happens every Sunday and you're all easy to spot?
    Every Sunday - Hub - at Noon - at Walt's right hand. He would have wanted it that way

The meets are a great way to make new friends and just hang out. Every meet is different. The only two scheduled things (most weeks) is a half hour meet at noon, followed by lunch (somewhere). After that, people usually break off into groups of various sizes (or sometimes try to hang together as a big group for a while). As long as you don't mind taking it slow and just going with the flow, it can be LOTS of fun.

We really encourage new folks to stop by and say hello. Don't be afraid, we're all just like you! At some point you just have to say to yourself "I'm a Dis-nerd, they're all Dis-nerds, what am I afraid of?"

Look forward to seeing you all

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Still wants to be a cat!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuklhed View Post
    Went to my first meet today and introduced myself. What a great, easy going group of people. You all made me feel very welcomed. And those Pooky sticks or whatever those were, were good. I didnt join in the photo, but the next meet up I will. Thanks to Sam for introducing me to people and taking the time to make me feel comfortable. See you next time for sure.
    Glad you met Sam and glad you met Pocky! Welcome!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette