Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toys for Tots

• The Duck Rules

Toys for Tots

Toys for Tots starts on November 23, 2007.

Each year the Marine Corp sets up boxes just before the security check point.

We sometimes forget how lucky we are to spend so much time at DL. There are kids out there that might not have a great Holiday because their parents just don't have the means to celebrate Holiday.

Please stop by the Charactger Warehouse at Harbor and Orangethorpe and pick up one or two items and drop them off at DL staring November 23rd. Each time I go to the Warehouse I pick up at least one gift for the next year. I don't miss a few dollars now and then. You can get some nice items for under $10.

If you have questions please email me at [email protected]
    judimouse

Mousefest 2008 here we come

http://www.tinkstravel.com

http://www.dlresortinfo.com

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: Toys for Tots

Toys for Tots is one of our family traditions, when the big christmas sales would start every year the boys and I would go shopping specifically for Toys for Tots. They would each get a set amount of money and pick stuff out themselves. Last year, we were really fortunate for the year so we went to Target and the three of us filled up two shopping carts for Toys for Tots. It was the best shopping trip ever and they still talk about it

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Banned User

Same here, Toys for tots all the way. !!

• living to haunt

Judimouse you are a wonderful caring person! I hope some day to meet you in person! Thanks for this info, do you know if they will be there the week of December 10th through the 15th? We are going to be in the park then and my grandkids love to donate to them. We will bring our gifts with us! This is one of the things we have as a tradition every year. Disneylandmom thank you for the great idea of buying during the sales! That will be talked about around here. We do Disneyland as our "family" gift so maybe the money on toys can go to TOT!
    thanks
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

• The Duck Rules

When I called the Marine office this morning I believe they said they would be there through the 20th.
    judimouse

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ladydragon55 View Post
    Disneylandmom thank you for the great idea of buying during the sales! That will be talked about around here. We do Disneyland as our "family" gift so maybe the money on toys can go to TOT!
    thanks
    If you do Black Friday shopping add them to that list, my husband is the Black Friday shopper around here and I always have a list of stuff specifically for him for toys for tots!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

That's how I do it too! I've got money budgeted in my Christmas fund for Toys for Tots and a coat/gloves charity that we also have locally. I'm a fiend with sales shopping for them and always try and get the most I can for my dollar.

And I would encourage you all to try and do at least one gift for an older child. That's always a problem. Everyone loves to buy cute kid toys and they are always short for the older kids.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MTNGIRL View Post
    And I would encourage you all to try and do at least one gift for an older child. That's always a problem. Everyone loves to buy cute kid toys and they are always short for the older kids.
    Great point, my kids usually buy for kids their ages and I pick out girl stuff.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• The Duck Rules

Batteries.

I just discovered that I have two Pirate games that need batteries. Each needs 3 batteries so I am just going to tape a package of batteries to each gift.

If you purchase an item that needs batteries please tape them on the gift. It's a big bummer to get a gift you can't play with because you do not have the batteries.

The Dollar Tree (right by the charater warehouse), 99 cents and others have packages of batteries for $1.00
    judimouse

• Shablagoo!

I bought some Star Wars figures a few weeks ago for Toys For Tots. I usually donate to them, though I did Child's Play last year. Child's Play is anohter great organization that gets toys to sick kids in Hospitals around the world.

• Banned User

Yes, The Walt Disney Company has been the oldest continued seasonal partner with the United States Marine Corps' Toys for Tots Foundation since 1946 when the program started.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Little known fact: Walt Disney designed the train logo Toys for Tots uses to this day.

• Minion

I am not sure if I will be down before Christmas, is there some way to donate online or something ?
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Will they still be there in December for the Cast Christmas Party. Someone told me that I had to bring something. They were there last year, but I forgot. I was told I had to.

• "I Break Things"

To be technical it is the Marine Reserve. In any event it is an amazing program and they also have the donations out during the Cast Holiday Parties as well. While I have donated in years past, this year I am trying to find a charity that is specific to the CA Wildfires. I can only imagine how hard it is for the kids who lost everything... and I would like to do something for them.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast