• Former Starspeeder Pilot

January 13th Meet

I've been a MiceChat member for some months and post on occasion, and I've always heard about the MiceChat meet. I usually don't have a chance to attend, but since I am currently in Anaheim on vacation I might make it to the meet tomorrow. So I just wanted to know what usually happens at the meets (or after I should say) and who's going tomorrow?

Walking in Walt's footsteps

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Re: January 13th Meet

I dropped by one. They all talked and stuff. I was scared. I bolted. After being photographed, though.

I'll be there tomorrow. But not in time for the noon meet. I'll get there around five.

I think they usually go somewhere together.

• Goofy

Rex I would like to meet you but I can't since i get off from work at 3 pm and it will be too late. Maybe I will see you at the gumball rally or mega meet. Have fun though.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Essentially, the meets begin at noon at the hub, where about half an hour is spent talking and introducing new members. Then, the group usually does lunch together and a few attractions. It's come and do at your own pace kind of thing. There is no stress, and there is no obligation to stay with the group the entire time. I have only been to 2 meets, and I have felt welcome both times I have been. It truly is a great time with a great group of people. I am thoroughly looking forward to seeing everyone again at the rally and anniversary meet in 2 weeks!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Shablagoo!

Yep, yooflamingo is right. That's how my first Disneyland meet went. I met the crowd then we went to lunch. Afterwards it was off to POTC, then IASW. At that point I headed off on my own. I met up with some the group later for fireworks. It was a great time. Some people want to go to Disneyland for Disneyland. I want to go back for another meet.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

It's a great chance to meet a fun group of people. Attendance at the regular meets can range for ten to maybe about 30 on overage...they gather in the part of the central "hub" just to the left of the Partner's statue as you look from Main Street. Just go up and introduce yourself, and usually Fishbulb or one of the others will introduce you around! It's fun!

Hope you have a great day. I'll be back on Sunday the 27th.

--Barry

Ps - people often start gathering for the noon meet before 12 noon. Maybe if you're there you can talk to a couple of members to break the ice.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Genteel Amphibian

I was wondering this too, I have yet to attend a meet, is there a secret hand shake or something to introduce yourself as from micechat?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J. Thaddeus Toad View Post
    I was wondering this too, I have yet to attend a meet, is there a secret hand shake or something to introduce yourself as from micechat?
    Let me try to help here if I can. No, there is no secret handshake.

(If you come on the 27th, there will be no mistaking the group - but even if you come that day for the first time, remember that my first time was at the first birthday, and everyone was and is super nice. If you come that day, just look for me...I'm a big guy, likely to be in a power chair).

For any other meet, it's hard to know exactly who will be there although people like Dusty, Fishbulb, rex22, aashee and his blonde little boy, and several others tend to be there most of the time. Do a search on old trip reports, and learn some faces.

For certain, by about 11:45 AM Sunday you'll find people in the area of the little Goofy statue, sitting on the park bench with backs to Adventureland, to the left of the Walt and Mickey statue. If you can, just screw up the courage ti say hi, my name is J Thaddeus...from MC...and the fun generally starts from there.

I know this is long, but I hope it helps you and other first-timers. I love the meets and can't wait to make more/

Hope to meet you there soon, if not on the 27th.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I'll probably be there. Not the whole day but I will be there.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by codelyokorox View Post
    I was scared. I bolted. After being photographed, though.
    I did the same exact thing on my first meet. I was so scared, shy, and nervous, I chickened out. Now, I am more comfortable around the MCers, still shy to talk to other people.

I warn you though, be cautious of other MCers, I won't name other names.......... *COUGHS*aashee*COUGHS* and *COUGHS*PrincessButtercupandheratomicnachoes*COUGH S*

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    I did the same exact thing on my first meet. I was so scared, shy, and nervous, I chickened out. Now, I am more comfortable around the MCers, still shy to talk to other people.

I warn you though, be cautious of other MCers, I won't name other names.......... *COUGHS*aashee*COUGHS* and *COUGHS*PrincessButtercupandheratomicnachoes*COUGH S*

Yeah, I guess I wasn't patient enough. I sat down and waited... then got super scared and bolted. I think I darted into Tomorrowland. I don't know why there, cause I didn't really want to ride anything in that land....

It's really a bummer though, cause I get to go tonight for a little, but (obviously) I'm not going to make the noon meet. So I don't get to try again yet.

But they were very nice from what I could tell.

• Super Genius

I'm glad someone asked! This video that I shot shows you

http://youtube.com/watch?v=h6Sc9TWtAOI
    Last edited by MikeChat; 01-15-2008 at 04:45 PM.
    When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.