Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Gumball Rally, Team Info and Pre-Rally Sign In

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyWife View Post
    Great question! I interpreted that to mean that you couldn't use FastPasses obtained on another day. I don't see how the spotters could possibly determine if the teams used the FP after the expired time frame.
    You are correct GoofyWife. Whatever Disney's policy is on FastPass use, is ours as well. We are mostly concerned with people who might gather fastpasses in advance of the event to use on Rally day. We are watching for this and a spotter may actually ask you to show your pass .

As far as I know, Disney won't let you use your FastPass prior to the time on the ticket, but will let you use it any time after the return time on the same day.

Our intent isn't to force you to use your FastPass within the window, but only to warn people that obtaining Fastpasses from others or those which are out of date.

Hope this clarifies for you. I'll be discussing this in my Rally Day speech as well to make sure that everyone understands.

Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Dusty-wan,

Would you prefer we put our questions here or PM them to you? It seems like putting them here might be easier so if one person has asked it, then maybe (I know it's a BIG maybe) someone else won't ask the same thing.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    Dusty-wan,

Would you prefer we put our questions here or PM them to you? It seems like putting them here might be easier so if one person has asked it, then maybe (I know it's a BIG maybe) someone else won't ask the same thing.

Feel free to ask your questions. Just keep in mind that some questions we won't answer until Rally morning.

If the questions are about the instructions, rules, etc. I'll do my best to answer them for you here. However, if they are about attractions included/not-included, strategy, or how we are verifying that you completed an attraction - I will not be able to answer until the morning of the Rally.

-Dusty Vader
    Find us on Facebook:

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Dusty Vader,

Here's my question!

So, while I'm the "captain" of team Dorkalicious, all that really means is I'm in charge of things like paperwork, early meetings and the recipe for the Goldentini. Pezz is Mr. Strategy for us and he has a question:

Quote Originally Posted by The email full of great info
    Use of Fastpass, child switch passes, special assistance passes, single rider, etc. ... This means that you may NOT use ... Single Rider passes. Again, please do not attempt to use any method of accessing an attraction that isn't available to every other Rally team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pezz
    No Single Rider lines? It was perfectly fine to go Single Rider on Splash and any other rides last time, if they have that option. The only thing I can see being different is that larger teams would take longer to get all members through Single Rider. You may want to clarify this as well.
    Do you know for certain if we will be able to use single rider or not? I don't see how this is an advantage one way or another because it isn't always faster and according to the rules, it would be available to each competitor as there are no limitations in getting in that line, if I understand how it works correctly.

Also, what is the deadline for turning in a list for the chicken sh!t folks on the team (Oh, right, that's ME)?And what reasons are acceptable? Is the fact that I'm horribly skeered of Maliboomer enough of a reason? Is there a penalty for turning in a short list of rides and then getting the cajones to actually ride them?

That should do it!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i just checked my email for the first time in 3 days (i blame a crummy run of work days:|) and i have no email

i did however talk to mamabot on the phone on friday, she was wonderful
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Dusty Vader,

Here's my question!

So, while I'm the "captain" of team Dorkalicious, all that really means is I'm in charge of things like paperwork, early meetings and the recipe for the Goldentini. Pezz is Mr. Strategy for us and he has a question:

Do you know for certain if we will be able to use single rider or not? I don't see how this is an advantage one way or another because it isn't always faster and according to the rules, it would be available to each competitor as there are no limitations in getting in that line, if I understand how it works correctly.

Also, what is the deadline for turning in a list for the chicken sh!t folks on the team (Oh, right, that's ME)?And what reasons are acceptable? Is the fact that I'm horribly skeered of Maliboomer enough of a reason? Is there a penalty for turning in a short list of rides and then getting the cajones to actually ride them?

That should do it!
    You are correct, no single rider this year. Sorry, but it was a problem for us last year (that I'd rather not get into now). So we are just removing it as an option for this year.

If you have people who can not ride an attraction, for whatever reason, just mention it to me or to the person who checks you in on Rally day. Then follow the rules that were included in the email on Friday. You should be just fine. There is no penalty for riding an attraction that you originally thought you wouldn't. We aren't that anal (we're just evil)

-Dusty the Hut
    Find us on Facebook:

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

I never got my email Did I goof up and forget to put down my addy? I'll check with my teammate and see if she got hers.
    --Jonathan

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

To be fair to ALL, I did verify the current Fastpass system this weekend, since I know that folks will use the Joy of Fastpass Saturday.

Basically, nothing has changed....

If you look at the system, there are 4 different groups.

The Disneyland Network

The DCA Network

Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin (Standalone)

Grizzly River Run (Standalone)

And the 2 hour rule is still in place, that is, if you get a Fastpass from a Networked Attraction, and its starting time is over 2 hours from the time you get the FP, you can get another networked FP after the 2 hours (as printed on the bottom of the FP) for an attration OTHER than the FP you got earlier (Yes, I know, who cares for the Gumball Rally, but just FYI).

Good Luck to all this Saturday, and don't forget to pose for my camera
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

I'll be sure to remind everyone to STOP and smile when they see you, Darkbeer, so you get lots of good pictures!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    I never got my email Did I goof up and forget to put down my addy? I'll check with my teammate and see if she got hers.
    I got an email with a confirmation of payment and another email saying I would be contacted soon. I think we'll be contacted sometime early in the week. Anyone know for sure?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Collapse the waveform

Dusty (or other Gumball Rally organizers).

Could you please send a rules email, or something similar to people who have volunteered to help with spotting? It would be helpful if those people had some idea of the rules before Saturday.

Thanks.
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Good Luck to all this Saturday, and don't forget to pose for my camera
    I'll be sure to remind everyone to STOP and smile when they see you, Darkbeer, so you get lots of good pictures!!
    Just be aware, there will be MANY camera's this weekend that you will need posing for ... as well as some video taping.

I can't wait. Gonna be so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hamand View Post
    Dusty (or other Gumball Rally organizers).

Could you please send a rules email, or something similar to people who have volunteered to help with spotting? It would be helpful if those people had some idea of the rules before Saturday.

Thanks.
    Matt, I do believe that is coming. Why don't you send a PM to Dusty or Mamabot and they will get that to you.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    Jonathan, if you are the team captain and you have not received a call/email then I would PM Dusty or Mamabot. Those calls started going out last week.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Maybe just posting the e-mail online...

There is nothing secret in it, and if one or two minor items need to be kept "quiet" (such as phone numbers), just remove them prior to posting it here at MiceChat.

I think that is the best way that everyone can see the schedule....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Just be aware, there will be MANY camera's this weekend that you will need posing for ... as well as some video taping.
    As long as everyone else stops for poses, then we can sneak on past, right?

This is going to be so much fun and <-- that's me right now. Really. Making my family crazy!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast