• Still lost in Neverland

NFFC Convention the 20th

I will coming to the Park tomorrow (20th) but going on up to the Crown Plaza by OTC bus and spend some time at the con. Anybody else here plan on going? I will be back in the Park probably around noon and just wandering. My friends who are bringing me will be Pin Trading, as usual, so I will just be wandering around the Park until we meet for dinner and then, who knows. I will have my cell phone with me in case anybody wants to meet up at some point in the afternoon. Or at the Convention after 10:30 and until around noon. (818) 826-9784 is the cell number. I will try to keep it close so I can feel it buzz and hear it ring. It's not a very good phone but it works. Hope to see somebody tomorrow!
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Re: NFFC Convention the 20th

There's always the noon meet! Afterall, tomorrow is Sunday.

--Jonathan

I know that, but not sure I will be back in the Park by noon. It depends on how long it takes to go through the convention a couple of times. I always meet friends from out of town there and you never know how long the talking goes on. If I can make it back by noon, I will be at the meet for sure.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Goofy

I am all blocked tomorrow. Im deciding if i should go or not. whats a nffc?

The National Fantasy Fans Club. It is strictly Disney stuff that is sold or traded. They have pins, statues, buttons, paper stuff like maps and employees newsletters/newspapers for Disneyland and other Parks. Last year Imagineering had a great table set up with exclusive Imagineering pins, jackets, ties, and other stuff and I am hoping they do it again this year. There are lots of people and it's a fun way to spend a couple of hours. This January Kick Off event is only in one convention room, but in July they have the big one that takes up the two biggest rooms at the Hotel. It's been going on for over 15 years now. The event opens to the public at 10:30am and goes till 5:00pm. Admission is $6.00.
    Last edited by Lost Boy; 01-25-2008 at 05:37 PM.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    The National Fantasy Fans Convention. It is strictly Disney stuff that is sold or traded. They have pins, statues, buttons, paper stuff like maps and employees newsletters/newspapers for Disneyland and other Parks. Last year Imagineering had a great table set up with exclusive Imagineering pins, jackets, ties, and other stuff and I am hoping they do it again this year. There are lots of people and it's a fun way to spend a couple of hours. This January Kick Off event is only in one convention room, but in July they have the big one that takes up the two biggest rooms at the Hotel. It's been going on for over 15 years now. The event opens to the public at 10:30am and goes till 5:00pm. Admission is $6.00.
    NFFC actually stands for National Fantasy Fan Club. It is one of the oldest and well know clubs for Disney enthusiasts. They have an annual national convention every July that coincides with Disneyland's opening day anniversary. Today was their smaller "Strictly Disneyana Show & Sale" that they have at the beginning of each year near DLR. It consists of private Disneyana collectors/dealers renting booths/tables and showing, trading, and selling their wares. Also many well know companies and vendors (including the Walt Disney Company, see below) participate because of the shows popularity. Bob Olszewski also had a booth and was there in person. He has some neat stuff coming up.

I made it by the Show & Sale today for a little while; the Mickey's of Glendale (Imagineering Store) booth was amazing. Spent way too much money. But I am happy because I finally got the Haunted Mansion jacket I've been wanting for forever.

Last edited by DOOM BGI; 01-20-2008 at 09:15 PM.
    --Jonathan

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

That was my first sale and I was really neat! Lots of great stuff there!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Do You know?

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    Spent way too much money. But I am happy because I finally got the Haunted Mansion jacket I've been wanting for forever.

But the main thing is that it is a cool jacket! and that is all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    That was my first sale and I was really neat! Lots of great stuff there!
    Me too. For the $6 ($5 with a coupon) it was great too see all the different stuff that Disney has sold over the years. I only got pins for great prices and a Disneyland CM 35th anniversary badge with the same spelling as my name.

Sorry about that, I found out yesterday that the last C stood for Club. I just couldn't remember and I had Convention on my mind anyway.

I made it down and spent a lot of time wandering around. My right leg gave out on me again while walking from Disneyland to the Harbor Blvd bus stop for the OTC Line #43. And it only got worse during the day. A good friend showed up and he took my back to Disneyland so I could find the people I came with and then brought me home as the pain was just to much to stay there.

I got to spend some time (twice actually) talking with Tony Baxter and learned quite a bit, but I am not allowed to talk about it on the boards. He looks so much better now than he did before things changed for the better at Disneyland.

I also shopped at the Imagineering Store and got a nice "Bowling" Shirt with the Imagineering logo above the pocket on the front and a huge embroidered logo with Sorcerer Mickey on the back, plus one of the limited pins (Malificent as the Dragon), a Peter Pan Chirstmas Pin from Tokyo, an iron-on Imagineering Logo patch and then from a dealer I got another Peter Pan Christmas Pin from Tokyo and a Peter Pan button. It was pretty cool and worth the trouble and pain to be there.

Don't forget that the July NFFC Convention is twice the size of this one. This was the kick off convention, the next one will be the real thing.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    NFFC actually stands for National Fantasy Fan Club. It is one of the oldest and well know clubs for Disney enthusiasts. They have an annual national convention every July that coincides with Disneyland's opening day anniversary. Today was their smaller "Strictly Disneyana Show & Sale" that they have at the beginning of each year near DLR. It consists of private Disneyana collectors/dealers renting booths/tables and showing, trading, and selling their wares. Also many well know companies and vendors (including the Walt Disney Company, see below) participate because of the shows popularity. Bob Olszewski also had a booth and was there in person. He has some neat stuff coming up.

I made it by the Show & Sale today for a little while; the Mickey's of Glendale (Imagineering Store) booth was amazing. Spent way too much money. But I am happy because I finally got the Haunted Mansion jacket I've been wanting for forever.

OOOOOOO!!!!! Pictures of your new jacket, please!!!!!!!

I didn't see many people taking pictures. I also talked to Bob Olszewski and he did say that the Peter Pan Ride Building would be back in stock soon. He also mentioned that it was the most popular piece so far. Lots more of those little light up boxes are coming as well. And he had the MSEP model on display with the lights changing color. Very cool.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    That was my first sale and I was really neat!
    But you're always really neat NNL.
    --Jonathan