Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Sunday the 24th early mini meet for newbies

With how well my idea for a mini meet for newbies seems to have taken off, and with Dan-Tasmic's idea for a Sunday meet, but earlier in the day before the official noon meet, we now have this.

If you are a newbie to the meets, whether you've been to one or two or even never been in your life as an MCer, please do come down and visit us, we won't bite. The idea for a newbie meet is to have a smaller group meet up earlier in the day so it doesn't seem as daunting of a task to walk up to our somewhat large established group. We are expecting you to be there, we want to make you feel like you're a part of the group. I remember my first meet when I was with my friend Meri (non-MCer) and all I did the entire time with the group was sit and talk with her. It wasn't all that great but I came back, without someone to hold on to and was forced to latch on to the group if I was going to have fun anytime soon. I think that was one of the best things that I ever did to be honest.

Please do post and let us know if you're going to be there. I'd like to keep the groups small, 3-4 to a group, but that can change based on vote of what people are comfortable with. I know we have a few regulars that come early in the day so if we have enough newbies we can split up the groups if people would feel more a part of the group if we have less people.

I know Dan-Tasmic gets there at gate opening, I'll try to be there then as well. Please do let us know if you have any concerns or . . . whatever. My cell # if you'd like to find me is 760-560-7248. I don't know how the others feel about putting their numbers out but I'll try to collect the regular's #s who come so we can merge the groups or just figure out where someone is.

Light Mouse: 760-560-7248
    Dan-Tasmic!:562-303-6485. Text preferred
    Last edited by MousieMagic; 02-22-2008 at 02:34 AM.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Sunday the 24th early mini meet for newbies

I usually get into dl early on Sundays but I think I will be sticking to the noon meet for this one. If I get there early I will let you know.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I usually get into dl early on Sundays but I think I will be sticking to the noon meet for this one. If I get there early I will let you know.
    Doing things as a group doesn't always coincide with what you actually want to do, I understand but thanks for letting us know at least.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Anyone want to join me on Sunday, feel free to give me a call, text, or message at 562 - 303 - 6485. Text preferred.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'll be at the regular meet. Have a great time and make those newbies feel comfortable.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I'll be at the regular meet. Have a great time and make those newbies feel comfortable.
    With you there, Chad, Lightmouse has his work cut out for him!

• Lycanthropic Tendencies

not sure i can make this one, but sometime though i will like to come to a newbie meet.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by american_werewolf View Post
    not sure i can make this one, but sometime though i will like to come to a newbie meet.
    I've had two people say this so far. XD

I'll try and have these every weekend to try and cater to as many people as possible. My work schedule doesn't always like Disneyland and my sleep schedule thinks it's the Devil.

• Goofy

lol.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I can't make it either.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by Light Mouse View Post
    I've had two people say this so far. XD

I'll try and have these every weekend to try and cater to as many people as possible. My work schedule doesn't always like Disneyland and my sleep schedule thinks it's the Devil.
    i bet it's fun too, the meets i mean. i met one of u guys at my job, but i can't for the life of me think of her user name, she told me, thats how i knew to come here. ummm u guys may know who i'm talking about, i think her real name is Margot and she's in a wheelchair.
    "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

i bet it's fun too, the meets i mean. i met one of u guys at my job, but i can't for the life of me think of her user name, she told me, thats how i knew to come here. ummm u guys may know who i'm talking about, i think her real name is Margot and she's in a wheelchair.
    Is it Crazy Legs?

i thought she said her user name was something like violet and something else, but i could be wrong. but don't think she said crazy legs though.
    "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

i thought she said her user name was something like violet and something else, but i could be wrong. but don't think she said crazy legs though.
    The username of the person you are thinking of (Margo) is "Purpledove". CrazyLegs is another MiceChatter that uses a wheelchair.

Margo is one of the nicest and sweetest MiceChatters I've ever had the chance to meet.

Don't know when I'll be back at the park again, so best of luck with all of these meets.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Talking Re: Sunday the 24th early mini meet for newbies

ok, so this Sunday works for me. Weather permitting, I'll be there!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast