Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 LastLast

D23

www.Disney.com/D23 Is now up. I'm so Excited!!! It's expensive but i'm still trying to fingure out if i should get it or not. Just reading the website from top to bottom, inside and out makes me me lean to getting the membership even more!!!!!!! Has anyone signed up for this yet????

Re: D23

Hello,
    There is a lengthy discussion already here:
    http://micechat.com/forums/industry-...unces-d23.html

I'm still wondering if I should join or not. I'm getting an information High on the website, which is awesome. Many people believe it's just so you can buy high-priced merchandise but I think that it's more about information then merch.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Are You 23 / D23 - Disney Campaign - What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    The thing about that collection is that it's not specific to D23...just included because it's "high-end". It's availible to everyone because it's not exclusive.
    In that case the membership is even more overpriced.

AliasD, thanks for the heads up! I'll have to check that out next time I'm over there.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Moderator

Re: D23

The best merch so far is the Walt Disney Signature fine art... which is available to everyone. Song of the South cel is pretty awesome though, but way out of my price range.

The cost of the gift and magazine is probably closer to the $30 range. The extra money probably goes into the costs of planning these events.

What are they thinking the way things are going to charge so much for the op to spend more. Mice chat is the only way to go in my book I get all the info I need on this sight . Big Hug
    Lorraine Erickson
    BIG HUG

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Hate the name. Hate the slogan. Hate the price.

BUT WAIT... IS THAT A SONG OF THE SOUTH CEL FOR SALE??? Look at the obscure fine art that aren't obviously Disney but SO disney if you know it! Amazing!!!!!

Sadly, this is stuff I wanted Disney to sell all my life. The tshirt with Oswald... why couldn't they do it without this club?

But if this is the only way to enjoy quality Disney product, call me a moron too.

Here's a gripe that really does have merit though: THE FRAME FOR YOUR CERTIFICATE IS $90. Throw us a bone, Disney. None of us really want to frame our certificates but if we do, why nickel and dime us on the frame too? That's totally redonks.
    Hey that is just a reproduction of a cel! For that price!! Insanity.
    At least you can frame the certificate elsewhere!
    Not all merch is that spendy - t-shirts are $35 which is Disney Stanford. I'm finding $20 for a pin harder to swallow.

I am joining, because I am all about the history and as others have said, after buying the mags there is a small difference. I am hoping the collectible is "worth" $1ish dollars, since there's no way I can make that expo. The whole thing is a lot ceaper than I thought it would be. But I just got my severance pay so I am celebrating my freedom from a job I hated by buying into something I love
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Member of Baxter's Army

Re: Are You 23/ D23 - Disney Campaign - What is it? (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    I looked for the premier issue at Borders and a few other places and couldn't find it. So I cried 'uncle' (Walt?) and paid for a membership. Give it a year, see if it actually has anything worthwhile, and if they are still putting any effort into it at the end of the year.
    So is the magazine being released to newsstands or is it a member exclusive?

• Not a Minion

I've been following this thread for a while (i come from mousepad.mouseplanet.com) and I can see that some are upset about the high pricing of d23. Though it may be high, it is justified since it does come with a yearly subscription (4 issues) to the magazine.

$15.95 per magazine
    4 issues
    That's already $63.80 per year. Take the difference out of it from the membership, then you're really paying $11.20 for membership. With that $11.20, you do get a good amount in: a free gift for signing up, screenings (they already mentiona screening to the movie Up), and discounts to the expo ($7 off per ticket, up to 4 tickets). You do save money if you are the most fanatic of all disney fans.

In other words, if you do want to own all 4 magazines released per year, you should really consider it. If you want to attend the expo and get all 4 magazines, you should get it. And if the exclusive merchandise appeals to you, then no doubt...you should already be a member.

Sure, it is expensive, but nobody is forcing you to be a member. There is nothing really that exclusive about the club as everyone can get the magazine and anyone can attend the expo. Not just club members. I see no reason to complain. Sure, they could've offered more - personally, I wish they offered additional plans which would allow for an annual park admission - but what they already are offering is a good deal in itself.

(p.s. I dont mean to sound angry. I am not angry. I just have a big voice hehe.)

• Disney Fan in SEA

Picked up the Magazine today at the only Disney Store in WA. It is glossy, very nice and looks to have some interesting articles. There is no advertising. Being that I am located in WA, I see no value to actually joining the "club".

The one thing that struck me while at the Disney Store was that I remembered when the Disney Stores first open, there were many wonderful items for adult Disney fans and collectors. I have a closet full of free lithos for all the videos when they were pre-ordered. There were wonderful watches with clever and unique designs. As well as the art work in the Gallery.

The stores now are too focused on kids, as the Disney Channel has become. Disney would be well to realize that there are generations of baby boomers that grew up on Disney in the movies, every Sunday evening that just might watch the Disney Channel if it showcased some of the older shows, as well as perhaps creating new shows. Should kids be up at 11pm watching Hanna Montana?

Perhaps 23 is the first step of Disney bringing back a Disney that those of us over 35 can relate to, get into to and well, sure spend some of our retirement money on!
    "Believe!"

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Are You 23 - Disney Campaign - What is it? (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Did anyone else get any of the D23 character promotional buttons today at the DLR?

We got:

Mickey - Made for you and me

Dopey - Speechless

Mad Hatter - Your cup of tea

Abu - Wish granted

Mike - Eye-opening

Also spotted at Jiminy Cricket on the way out
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat Moderator

Classy art!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    I've been following this thread for a while (i come from mousepad.mouseplanet.com) and I can see that some are upset about the high pricing of d23. Though it may be high, it is justified since it does come with a yearly subscription (4 issues) to the magazine.

$15.95 per magazine
    4 issues
    That's already $63.80 per year. Take the difference out of it from the membership, then you're really paying $11.20 for membership. With that $11.20, you do get a good amount in: a free gift for signing up, screenings (they already mentiona screening to the movie Up), and discounts to the expo ($7 off per ticket, up to 4 tickets). You do save money if you are the most fanatic of all disney fans.

In other words, if you do want to own all 4 magazines released per year, you should really consider it. If you want to attend the expo and get all 4 magazines, you should get it. And if the exclusive merchandise appeals to you, then no doubt...you should already be a member.

Sure, it is expensive, but nobody is forcing you to be a member. There is nothing really that exclusive about the club as everyone can get the magazine and anyone can attend the expo. Not just club members. I see no reason to complain. Sure, they could've offered more - personally, I wish they offered additional plans which would allow for an annual park admission - but what they already are offering is a good deal in itself.

(p.s. I dont mean to sound angry. I am not angry. I just have a big voice hehe.)

Hey, welcome to micechat! I think you make some pretty good discussion points about the pricing. But are the magazines REALLY $16 each? Is that their cover price?

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Classy art!

Hey, welcome to micechat! I think you make some pretty good discussion points about the pricing. But are the magazines REALLY $16 each? Is that their cover price?
    That's what I will be trying out for a year. I havent seen it myself, but my cousin has. Add in what he thinks about it and what other buyers have said, it seems to be well worth the money...atleast the first issue. Embossed fonts for the cover, high quality paper, high quality pictures. Its great in the technical side.

As far as the content, I read that it is interesting and does have exclusive content. Tim Burton on the Alice movie. An interview with zac and vanessa just to name a few. I watched the d23 segment which aired on the view today (available on abc.com) and one of the hosts seemed to like the quality of the magazine.

I would want to see the quality of the actual content before saying its worth the $16, but at first glance, it sure does seem worth it.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound View Post
    And I get this feeling in the pit of my stomach that if I pay the $75, I'd feel like a chump.

The problem is I don't see the value... Especially, in this market where people are afraid of losing their jobs, their homes, their retirement.

Well, some folks call Club 33 members "chumps" for joining.

And some of them call folks that stay at the DL Hotel foolish for paying their rates.

And even others say that the meals at the Blue Bayou are a waste of money.

And now it's said that anyone who joins D23 is a "moron"!

Well, I guess I am a moronic chump that wastes his money on overpriced food and hotel rooms since I belong to and do each of the above.

And remember, not everyone is afraid of losing their job, homes or retirement.

Some folks are doing just fine...

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Well, some folks call Club 33 members "chumps" for joining.

And some of them call folks that stay at the DL Hotel foolish for paying their rates.

And even others say that the meals at the Blue Bayou are a waste of money.

And now it's said that anyone who joins D23 is a "moron"!

Well, I guess I am a moronic chump that wastes his money on overpriced food and hotel rooms since I belong to and do each of the above.

And remember, not everyone is afraid of losing their job, homes or retirement.

Some folks are doing just fine...
    Buying a membership is a way of helping the economy. Only buy what you can afford but don't keep the money hidden. You can stimulate the economy if you wont spend the money that its limited to have

• Sock Puppet

We do our part to stimulate the economy.

Hey, here's an idea!

Maybe Disney will come out with a payment plan for D23!!!

It's working for DL! Well, sort of...