Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920 LastLast

• Not a Minion

Re: Are You 23 / D23 - Disney Campaign - What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Well, some folks call Club 33 members "chumps" for joining.

And some of them call folks that stay at the DL Hotel foolish for paying their rates.

And even others say that the meals at the Blue Bayou are a waste of money.

And now it's said that anyone who joins D23 is a "moron"!

Well, I guess I am a moronic chump that wastes his money on overpriced food and hotel rooms since I belong to and do each of the above.

And remember, not everyone is afraid of losing their job, homes or retirement.

Some folks are doing just fine...
    Wait...you're a club 33 member? Can you tell how to go about in signing up for that?

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

ryan, it's something that costs way more that you want to pay, and takes way more time than you want to wait. Last I heard the waiting list had gotten so long that they weren't even taking any more standby names. And doesn't it cost something like $12,000 per year, and you have to pay for the food and park admission on top of that? It's a cool club, but unless I can find a friend that'll pass me in, I probably won't ever get to experience it.

Re: Are You 23 - Disney Campaign - What is it? (Merged)

ALIASd, You got almost all of them?! I'm so jealous! We didn't get to the park on the 10th, but we went yesterday the 11th for my birthday and they only had the Dopey ones left! I still love it, but I wish I'd gotten the rest.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

At least you were able to get one of these fun little treats, looked like they were down to a handful at the few distribution spots. And hope you had the Happiest Birthday on Earth too!

We'll back there tomorrow for my BFF's birthday so I'll still be looking out for that Jiminy too!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    If they couldn't keep Disney Magazine going with the "Disney" name right on it, what do they think is going to happen with a magazine with a confusing name like D23?

I'd bet that most people will think that the Mag is written for 23 year olds who have $75 in their pocket.

They have really screwed this up already.
    Count me in as one of those who didn't know what the heck D23 meant. I had to go read their FAQ's to find out. You'd think for something that vague that they would spell it out for you.

Plus, $75 is too rich for my blood.

I like the magazine idea, I actually did enjoy the "Disney Magazine" even though most of the stuff in it we already knew because of other things (DIG, etc). If it was, say $40 a year, I'd probably do it.

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    I pretty much agree with you, Dr. G. I'm also getting increasingly tired of the constant complaining. Disney is a business...not a charity. Of course they are out to make money. If you don't like it, keep your wallet closed. You may feel like Disney "owes" you something, but they don't...they can do whatever it is they like. We don't have to agree or like the decisions they make, but why do so many on the Disney fan-sites have such a negative attitude, and still say they like Disney? Heck, I'm not a Disney appologist by any means, but I've learned over the years to take what I do like about the company and focus on that. Not to say I don't complain about certain things, but I try to balance it out. I mean, if everything is so negative all the time, where's the enjoyment? Is it like a chore to be a Disney fan anymore? Did I not get the memo?
    Seriously. I'm with the both of you. I was so freaking excited when I finally got onto the site on Tuesday and instantly knew I had to be one of the so called "morons" who would pay for this. Lucky for me, it just so happened to be my birthday yesterday so the membership and a bunch of the new merchandise were birthday presents from my grandmother, but it's really true the way people are starting to gripe about this. Like you said about being an apologist, I'm tired of people talking about the bad things about Disney, and I'm not apologizing for them any more because, they're only human too. Everyone has their flaws and (sadly, I'll admit) Disney is no different. But I'm so excited about D23 because honestly it has always been something I've wanted. And yes. Whoever doesn't like it can just say over on the un-fun side of the room. I'll be over here at D23, thank you very much.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by disneyqueen007 View Post
    I'll be over here at D23, thank you very much.
    As will I, enjoying the website and the expo, without having to pay a dime for nothing but a membership card, a magazine, and 'merchandise opportunities'.
    -Monorail Man

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Plus, $75 is too rich for my blood.

If it was, say $40 a year, I'd probably do it.

So what we're talking about here is basically a $35 decision.

Or in other words, $3 per month.

One less churro per month at the Sunday meets and you're there!

Go for it!

• Distant Disneylandaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    As will I, enjoying the website and the expo, without having to pay a dime for nothing but a membership card, a magazine, and 'merchandise opportunities'.
    I've come to realize that D23 is just like MiceChat, or almost any other business. Some people just enjoy the free stuff, like I do on MiceChat. Others pay "extra" for stuff they deem worthwhile, like MiceChat Gold, which hasn't interested me at all. Seems the same is happening with D23: those who want the Gold pay the extra, those who don't enjoy the freebies. Everyone wins as long as the provider of the services stays in business and continues to offer the freebies for free. If not enough pay the extra, the freebies could disappear too, and that's okay in our free, capitalistic (at least for now), society.

It's been fun to see all the different perspectives on this

• Distant Disneylandaholic

Quote Originally Posted by disneyqueen007 View Post
    Seriously. I'm with the both of you. I was so freaking excited when I finally got onto the site on Tuesday and instantly knew I had to be one of the so called "morons" who would pay for this.
    Welcome to the Moron's Club! Interesting to see several of us that are not SoCal residents.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    If it was, say $40 a year, I'd probably do it.
    I'm with sir clinksalot regarding the price point. I like the overall idea of D23 and the magazine looks pretty decent. At a lower price point, I would sign up today. However, based on some responses here, there are customers willing to pay $75, so if it's working, then good for Disney.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if they should have had multiple tiers of membership--which is something many clubs have. There could be a Basic Membership for $40: two magazines, discount admission to the D23 Expo. And then a Premiere Membership for $75 with everything else. Give fans a choice with a lower price and I bet many more would join. But also keep the higher price for those willing to invest in more benefits and access.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post
    Now that I think about it, I wonder if they should have had multiple tiers of membership--which is something many clubs have. There could be a Basic Membership for $40: two magazines, discount admission to the D23 Expo. And then a Premiere Membership for $75 with everything else. Give fans a choice with a lower price and I bet many more would join. But also keep the higher price for those willing to invest in more benefits and access.
    A great idea that hopefully Disney will implement down the line. I guess we'll have to see how the initial kickoff goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
    I've come to realize that D23 is just like MiceChat, or almost any other business. Some people just enjoy the free stuff, like I do on MiceChat. Others pay "extra" for stuff they deem worthwhile, like MiceChat Gold, which hasn't interested me at all. Seems the same is happening with D23: those who want the Gold pay the extra, those who don't enjoy the freebies. Everyone wins as long as the provider of the services stays in business and continues to offer the freebies for free. If not enough pay the extra, the freebies could disappear too, and that's okay in our free, capitalistic (at least for now), society.

It's been fun to see all the different perspectives on this
    What a great way to look at it. I think the important thing to remember is people's perspectives. For me and NNL, we decided we would have bought the magazines anyway, so why not spend the extra $11? It's going to be interesting to see what happens after this first year though.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
    Welcome to the Moron's Club! Interesting to see several of us that are not SoCal residents.
    That includes us, we're all the way in Maine. Since I don't pay a small fortune already on Annual Passes, this magazine looks to be the next best thing.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I got the statement today from one of my credit cards and somehow I had sent two payments in the same month (online) so now I have an almost $75 credit.

Coincidence? I think not. I take it as a sign.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

As of today, I AM 23!!!!! I joined this afternoon, after I got out of work. I am seriously thinking about going down to Anaheim for the Expo. I cannot wait to get the magazine in the mail.

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney