Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Here Comes Trouble

re: Are You 23 - Disney Campaign - What is it? (Merged)

The only release I can see for March 10th is the 70th anniversary of Pinocchio
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by kristibaer View Post
    The only release I can see for March 10th is the 70th anniversary of Pinocchio
    70th anniversary, March 10th.?

Pinocchio
    Theatrical releases
    February 7, 1940 (World premiere, Center Theatre, New York City)
    February 9, 1940 (Los Angeles opening)
    February 23, 1940 (General release)
    July 4, 1944
    October 17, 1945
    July 4, 1949
    February 18, 1954
    January 18, 1962
    July 7, 1971
    December 16, 1978 (with The Small One featurette)
    December 21, 1984
    June 26, 1992
    *Source Wikipedia

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Here Comes Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
    70th anniversary, March 10th.?

Pinocchio
    Theatrical releases
    February 7, 1940 (World premiere, Center Theatre, New York City)
    February 9, 1940 (Los Angeles opening)
    February 23, 1940 (General release)
    July 4, 1944
    October 17, 1945
    July 4, 1949
    February 18, 1954
    January 18, 1962
    July 7, 1971
    December 16, 1978 (with The Small One featurette)
    December 21, 1984
    June 26, 1992
    *Source Wikipedia
    Just saying what I saw when I checked DVD releases for March 10th on comingsoon.net. Here's the Amazon link:

Amazon.com: Pinocchio: Mel Blanc, Don Brodie, Walter Catlett, Frankie Darro, Cliff Edwards, Charles Judels, Christian Rub, Evelyn Venable, Dick Jones, Ben Sharpsteen;Hamilton S. Luske: Movies & TV
    Last edited by kristibaer; 01-09-2009 at 11:39 AM.

• Here Comes Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Disney releasing 23 classic animated films on to Blu-Ray disk/boxed set. That is what the commotion is about lol. Nothing theme park related unfortunately.
    Since this poster appears at both parks, you may be on to something here. Check this out from Blue Sky Disney yesterday (same day the website was active with the countdown):

Blue Sky Disney: Happy About Being Blu...

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy About Being Blu...

This morning when Sony had it's keynote at the CES, the audience got a nice surprise when out walked John Lasseter...

He was there to praise the virtues of Blu-Ray, which Sony created. Rather nice in this cutthroat business when competitors can congratulate one another for doing good, eh?

• Special Agent

It pops up and asks "Are You 23?" then Tink flies in, flicks her wand and a count down clock appears.

Any thoughts Mice Chatters?
    Well Star Tours is turning 22 today. It opened January 9th, 1987.

Close but I guess not quite.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Since this poster appears at both parks, you may be on to something here. Check this out from Blue Sky Disney yesterday (same day the website was active with the countdown):

Blue Sky Disney: Happy About Being Blu...

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy About Being Blu...

This morning when Sony had it's keynote at the CES, the audience got a nice surprise when out walked John Lasseter...

He was there to praise the virtues of Blu-Ray, which Sony created. Rather nice in this cutthroat business when competitors can congratulate one another for doing good, eh?

I wanted to go to that Keynote so badly but sadly I could not... Oh well maybe next year... CES was still fun though...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Still lost in Neverland

If you go to the Disneyland Thread someone else asked this very same question and someone else posted the answer as well. It has nothing to do with Disneyland.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Oh no, I hope they don't stop making DVDs... I really don't see the difference between Blu-Ray and DVDs. And Blu-Rays are so expensive. I hope they put the movies on DVDs too, is all.

But it's odd that they'd ask you if you were 23.
    Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

• Disney Geek

Quote Originally Posted by codelyokorox View Post
    Oh no, I hope they don't stop making DVDs... I really don't see the difference between Blu-Ray and DVDs. And Blu-Rays are so expensive. I hope they put the movies on DVDs too, is all.

But it's odd that they'd ask you if you were 23.
    I disagree, there is a big difference between DVD and Blu-Ray. Having said that I can't see them not making DVD's yet.

• Minion

I hate purposely obscure advertising. Last time I was confronted with this was all the Cloverfield clues.

• 'splosions

<--- is 23

it's for me!!!

Re: Are You 23 - Disney Campaign - What is it? (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    I hate purposely obscure advertising. Last time I was confronted with this was all the Cloverfield clues.
    They are pulling a "Apple" on us. I think.

(I thought apple since they usually come to my mind as over-obscure in products until Steve announces it!)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Why, yes- I am 23! Do I know what it means in regards to this ad? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    NO CLOVERS! NO FIELDS!!! GAAAHHHH!!!! I hate that movie. >_<

Ladies and Gentleman, I have learned what this "Are you 23?" is all about. First off, it is NOT about Blu-Ray's, DVD's, nor Parks and Resorts. It's about ALL of the Disney company!!! The company as a whole. Now this might not be entirely true because I had to put 2 and 2 together. Well, let me tell you the story.

I was walking at CES and ran into a "certain" Disney executive who will remain nameless. I was the only one who knew who he was. So nobody was surrounding him. We got to talk for a while. I asked why Disney isn't present at CES (well, not in a major way like Sony or Samsung at least)? He said, an I quote "We (Disney) are a large company. We have Pixar, ESPN, ABC, an the list goes on forever. For the entire company to be represented correctly here it would take more space than a booth. So Disney is planning to have their OWN company wide CONVENTION......... Oh, Im not supposed to say anything about that (haha). But that's what's great about Disney. We are so big and we can cater to many different audiences through our subsidiaries. I mean we would not of been able to bring out Scream 1 or 2 under the Disney name. But through our subsidiaries this has become possible."

Later, after several questions I asked what is this "Are You 23?" campaign about? He said "You know about that already?!?!? Well I can't talk about it. All I can say is I almost told you about it earlier but I caught myself (wink, wink)". I then put it together. The only bit of information he let slip out was about the Disney Convention!! So that had to be it!! Now I still don't know how this relates to 23 or why they are asking if you are 23. But it's probably a major part of this whole campaign. An lastly he told me I would find out more soon enough. Does anyone know more about this so called Convention?
    Last edited by TIS17; 01-10-2009 at 09:47 PM.

• Minion

There is a rumor floating around the Internet that this campaign is to promote a new club called Club 23. It will have a yearly charge and is meant to cater to the true Disney fan, with special items and conventions held at Anaheim and Orlando..

"This concept was created because the Company has gotten a LOT of flack saying they only cater to the casual tourist and not to the true Disney fans. It came to a head last year when Iger was berated by a Disney fan who said the Company did not care about them. In the past, all Disney "fan clubs" were run externally. In this case, there is a Company-wide initiative with the D-23 event, as its called. It will be a major push and their hope is to really form a relationship with the true Disney fans.

Essentially people will pay about $100 a year to receive some very cool, exclusive merchandise, CDs, DVDs, etc. They will also be invited to a yearly or bi-yearly (to be determined at the moment) event in Anaheim or Orlando (the first event is scheduled to be in Anaheim). Each Company department will be presenting something unique that Disney fans would appreciate (behind-the-scenes looks at theme park technology, a pre-release screening of a new movie, etc). This convention is expected to be huge, with Disney sparing no expense.

They will be announcing this new program in March."

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast