Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Are You 23 - Disney Campaign - What is it? (Merged)

Now that might be neat! Disney Co. really HAS BEEN DOING a sucky job at reaching out to their own devoted fan base. Of course DL does do an odd mailing or two about some of their events, and the AP newsletter. And the "The Disney Insider" email really is lame.

Remember the Disney Magazine. I LOVED that thing! And I would save the issues. Even though the internet has taken the place of most newspapers and magazines, the Disney collector in me loves having something solid that I can put my hands on. I really think that certain types of magazines never will become outdated. And with the artwork, and facsination with upcoming Disney projects, it was a great way for Disney to advertise to millions of people who are already prospective customers. I loved the pictures in the magazine, and the news on projects, directly from Disney. The cover was often a work of art in itself!

And for the fans, or the fans of the Early Disney Store, I loved paging through the Disney Store catalog when it arrived in the mail, (now of course, the store mostly carries only crap for kid, and recently mostly just for girls. ) you could go through the entire catalog, refer back to it later, and really see everything it had to offer. But now, you seldom see anything from the Disney Store in the mail. If you want anything, you have to go on line, and REALLY, the on line store is HORRIBLE TO BROWSE THROUGH! If you really want to browse through all the merchandise, the merchandise is separated into multiple categories, and the pages online just are not nearly as easy to browse through as the old fashioned catalog. I wonder how many items I'm missing out on, just because browsing online with the Disney Store catalog is an awful experience.

And does anyone remember the old "Disney Club" (no, not the old Club Disney, which was like a party zone for the preschool and early elementary school kids) which at one time even gave you a 10% discount on purchases at the Disney Store?

Or how about the old Disney TV Inside Out tv show that gave us info from DL and WDW. Nowadays, Disney does a good job at ignoring and talking down to the Adult kids who are still Disney fans.

• Here Comes Trouble

Screascape has offered their 2 cents worth on the latest viral compaign:

http://www.screamscape.com/html/indu...ews.htm#Disney
    Disney - (1/12/09) Whatever the D23 viral marketing campaign is for, it’s sure got a lot of people talking and thinking over the weekend. A few strong theories have come forward from the rest over the weekend’s musings it seems. According to one Screamscape source the D23 campaign has nothing at all to do with the theme parks, but instead may be to promote some kind of new Disney fan community initiative. In addition to some kind of new “club” magazine that may come out in the future, there is talk of some kind of new member’s only club somewhere within Disney’s California Adventure, not unlike Club 33 at Disneyland.
    As for the number 23… some believe this may be in reference to the fact that the Walt Disney Company was founded in 1923. Others believe that this may have something to do with Pixar, which started out as a “Graphics Group” division of Lucasfilm in 1979 but when the division was bought by Steve Jobs in 1986 the group became a solo company and was given the name Pixar.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 01-13-2009 at 10:29 AM.

Wink Re: Are You 23 - Disney Campaign - What is it? (Merged)

There are currently 22 Disney hotels to stay in...maybe there is going to be a 23rd???

• Here Comes Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy4Disney View Post
    There are currently 22 Disney hotels to stay in...maybe there is going to be a 23rd???
    Well, that Hawaiian resort is about to open, isn't it?
    Last edited by kristibaer; 01-14-2009 at 12:20 PM.
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

• RCMC BlackSmith

Well, lots of things in Disney connect to 23.
    1923 was when Disney was started.
    And lots of others that have already been said.
    Hmmmmm...
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

Blog Entries

There's been lots of speculation about this over on wdwmagic.com. Someone made a post on there one day saying that its going to be a new virtual fan club called Club 23. It'll cost around 100 bucks a year and will provide special memorabilia to its members and also a convention once a year at both WDW and DL. Funny enough that post disappeared the next day as if someone got threatened.

I'm hoping that's what it is since it sounds uber cool.

• Here Comes Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    There's been lots of speculation about this over on wdwmagic.com. Someone made a post on there one day saying that its going to be a new virtual fan club called Club 23. It'll cost around 100 bucks a year and will provide special memorabilia to its members and also a convention once a year at both WDW and DL. Funny enough that post disappeared the next day as if someone got threatened.

I'm hoping that's what it is since it sounds uber cool.
    Screamscape heard something similar that I posted above.
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

• out & about

If it is a Fan Club they really know what's up. Crazy Disney fans would be more than willing to shell out cash for an "insider" advantage to info, movies, merch, etc. And a proposed convention would be the icing on the cake for some.

The queue for an actual "club" inside DCA (as someone proposed earlier) would be longer than most attractions. Once inside it would prob be sweaty and crowded.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• far, far away from DL

Hmm, maybe it is a virtual club or game like VMK. It could cost ya less then $8.50 a month for the service.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Someone on LiveJournal's brother in law works at the studio lot and shesaid hesaid this:
    It's still just a rumor, but he said that the word floating around on the lot is that... it's a marketing campaign regarding the 23 "OG" (aka, Old Guard, aka, Mickey, Donald, etc) movies that are being released on Blu-Ray in March.

Further, HE thinks that there may be some additional hype/tie-in stuff at the parks, but that is just his additional rumor-mongering.

So, do with this info what you will. It's less than conclusive, but you now know what the Disney employees at the studio lot are speculating it is given their slightly-more "in the know" positions.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

I am 23, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

That is the same day as the annual shareholder's meeting. They are probably going to break apart the company and sell it off in pieces. 23 pieces maybe?

• King of Los Angeles

Haha there are some good guesses...it's a cool payoff though so stay tuned.

Are You 23?

Found this on youtube.
    YouTube - Are you 23?

• Banned User

Re: Are You 23?

Wow this is cryptic. I have no idea what it could mean.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast