Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

• Shablagoo!

Re: Are You 23 - Disney Campaign - What is it? (Merged)

Here are somethings one of my fellow Dizpins members found.
    http://s7disney.images.go.com/is/ima...hopping/300459
    Logo Pin

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Mrs

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Yeti View Post
    Recently the Mickey Monitor let out that the Disney Archives played a hand in it, if that helps at all.
    CMs at Off the Page have been wearing buttons that say Are You 23 on them. That would seem to work with the archives thing.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

A copy and paste of the information I researched today... Thanks for the post about the pins! it helped me in my search...

Here is the answer, if you care. On October 23, 2008 Disney registered these websites
    d23expo.com
    disneyexpo.com
    disneystwentythree.com
    disneystwenty-three.com

Disney filed for two trademarks in late March 2008
    The are "D23" and "Disney Twenty Three"

They filed a number of numerous classes of trademarks for general merchandise. (clothes, pins, etc.).The last filing though is the most interesting..

"Word Mark D23
    Goods and Services IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Education and entertainment services, namely, providing information in the field of children's entertainment, theme park service, animated and live-action films and television programs, books, magazines, music and music performers, ice shows, stage productions, consumer products history, history and news concerning the entertainment business; fan club services; providing information via global computer network in the field of entertainment and history; fan club services; providing information via global computer network in the field of entertainment and history"

This was the last one posted for opposition on February 10....

Also this image was found on disneyshopping.com

Although I don't have all the exact details, It will be a Disney enthusiast fan club that will have an annual fee. They will also have a convention/expo for all members sometime this year...

Heres a picture of the poster if anyone didn't see it.

Are you 23? Solved

I don't mean to spam the forum, but I found out what D23 is.... Since the thread was merged it wasn't appearing on this forum.... If I'm in the wrong Mods, I apologize...

As many may know, Disney began a viral campaign in December with posters, first spotted outside the Burbank studio, asking the question; Are you 23? Disney.com/23 allowed you to sign up for the announcement on March 10th. Speculation ran rampart on Disney sites of what it could be..

Here is the answer, if you care. On October 23, 2008 Disney registered these websites
    d23expo.com
    disneyexpo.com
    disneystwentythree.com
    disneystwenty-three.com

They filed a number of numerous classes of trademarks for general merchandise. (clothes, pins, etc.).The last filing though is the most interesting..

"Word Mark D23
    Goods and Services IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Education and entertainment services, namely, providing information in the field of children's entertainment, theme park service, animated and live-action films and television programs, books, magazines, music and music performers, ice shows, stage productions, consumer products history, history and news concerning the entertainment business; fan club services; providing information via global computer network in the field of entertainment and history; fan club services; providing information via global computer network in the field of entertainment and history"

This was the last one posted for opposition on February 10....

Also this image was found on disneyshopping.com

Although I don't have all the exact details, It will be a Disney enthusiast fan club that will have an annual fee. They will also have a convention/expo for all members sometime this year...

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Re: Are you 23? Solved

Intresting. I'm not sure IU beieve it, but heck, its more research and details than we've ever had before so thatnks!
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Citizen of EPCOT

Toying around with the product iamge numbers, I found another good sign of things to come:

http://s7disney.images.go.com/is/ima...hopping/300458

The excitement continues to grow!

• Citizen of EPCOT

Hmmm, in trying the links just a few hours later, they have been replaced by a plush Mickey doll. These Disney folks are more clever than we thought.

• Animation Domination

Here are some events that happen 23 years ago at Disneyland:

The Country Bear Vacation Hoedown attraction opens in Bear Country at Disneyland.

The Walt Disney Company changes its no-alcohol policy in Disneyland, allowing beer, wine, or champagne at corporate parties of 500 or more, after dark, in rented sections of the park.

The Magic Eye Theater opens in Tomorrowland at Disneyland. First film shown is Magic Journeys.

The Big Thunder Ranch attraction opens in Frontierland at Disneyland.

Captain Eo opens in Tomorrowland at Disneyland
    "You are watching FOX"

• Minion

Re: Are you 23? Solved

Quote Originally Posted by Chroniq View Post
    I don't mean to spam the forum, but I found out what D23 is.... Since the thread was merged it wasn't appearing on this forum.... If I'm in the wrong Mods, I apologize...

As many may know, Disney began a viral campaign in December with posters, first spotted outside the Burbank studio, asking the question; Are you 23? Disney.com/23 allowed you to sign up for the announcement on March 10th. Speculation ran rampart on Disney sites of what it could be..

d23expo.com
    disneyexpo.com
    disneystwentythree.com
    disneystwenty-three.com

"Word Mark D23
    Goods and Services IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Education and entertainment services, namely, providing information in the field of children's entertainment, theme park service, animated and live-action films and television programs, books, magazines, music and music performers, ice shows, stage productions, consumer products history, history and news concerning the entertainment business; fan club services; providing information via global computer network in the field of entertainment and history"

Looks like Disney Con.

The "Are you 23" question injects a personal aspect to whatever the program is. So the viral question would apparently NOT be associated with any date, quantity, age, anniversary, etc.

But somewhere there is an answer that would provide the relationship to Disney fans.

please forgive me for playing the troll and i advise you not to follow the link if you don't want spoilers, but...

D23 | StitchKingdom.com

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Give me an official D23 nametag, and I'm in.

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

I couldn't resist, and entered my email. I'm excited.

Walt Disney Company-

Founded on October 16, 1923

Edit: Oops, already been posted in the thread. And the link that bradk provided sums it all up.
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• DCA FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by bradk View Post
    please forgive me for playing the troll and i advise you not to follow the link if you don't want spoilers, but...

D23 | StitchKingdom.com
    Awesome, thanks Can't wait.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast