• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

D23's Through Tim Burton's Looking Glass

Nothing to see in this hole

Through Tim Burton's Looking Glass

The premiere issue of Disney Twenty Three Magazine, features an article on the newest Tim Burton effort. Burton's Alice in Wonderland will star Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen and promises to be a visually breathtaking, 3-D Special effects laden extravaganza when it's unveiled in 2010.

I've just read the article. The story features 2 large spreads of concept art and 1 publicity still. However, the accompanying text is light on insight into this new, mysterious production.

The piece begins with a summary of the project and it's stars and then moves on to an interview with Burton where the real revelations, although small, come out. We learn the take Burton has on the Lewis Caroll story and the feel that the movie will have (a 17 year old Alice returns to a neglected Wonderland). With a mix of live action, and computer generated or enhanced characters and surroundings, Burton seeks to blur the lines further between the real and fabricated. This is pretty interesting stuff, but hardly anything exclusive - any avid cinephile would already found this information online.

D23's "Sneek Peak" at the latest film from Tim Burton offers little new information but does clarify some of the rumors of what's already out there.

I'm looking forward to going through the looking glass with a dark and brooding Burton.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• MiceAge Columnist

Re: D23's Through Tim Burton's Looking Glass

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbulb View Post

Nothing to see in this hole

Through Tim Burton's Looking Glass

The premiere issue of Disney Twenty Three Magazine, features an article on the newest Tim Burton effort. Burton's Alice in Wonderland will star Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen and promises to be a visually breathtaking, 3-D Special effects laden extravaganza when it's unveiled in 2010.

I've just read the article. The story features 2 large spreads of concept art and 1 publicity still. However, the accompanying text is light on insight into this new, mysterious production.

The piece begins with a summary of the project and it's stars and then moves on to an interview with Burton where the real revelations, although small, come out. We learn the take Burton has on the Lewis Caroll story and the feel that the movie will have (a 17 year old Alice returns to a neglected Wonderland). With a mix of live action, and computer generated or enhanced characters and surroundings, Burton seeks to blur the lines further between the real and fabricated. This is pretty interesting stuff, but hardly anything exclusive - any avid cinephile would already found this information online.

D23's "Sneek Peak" at the latest film from Tim Burton offers little new information but does clarify some of the rumors of what's already out there.

I'm looking forward to going through the looking glass with a dark and brooding Burton.
    This article was one of the major reasons I wanted to purchase the first issue of D23 (I've yet to be convinced I need to join the club, so far I don't see value for the cost). I bought the magazine at Disneyland and though I think the production value of the magazine is quite high, the content for me, at least, is lacking. I'm not sorry I spent the money for the magazine but the Tim Burton article contained nothing I cannot find online somewhere and in fact, I have already seen better, more interesting photos of the production. So the article told me nothing new about Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland (where is a photo of Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, for example), and the one thing I was looking forward to in the magazine disappointed me greatly. Next time an issue comes out, I will peruse the pages first before making the purchase. I just think the content needs to be more insightful and less fluffy.

• n 103

I haven't had a chance to buy/look at the magazine yet to read the article/see concept images, but the premise seems similar to American McGee's Alice.

• making magic is fun!

I cant wait to see this! Alice is my fav movie!
    Kelly

• hatbox ghost believer

I can't wait for this myself.
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

This is nice...Thinking that Johnny Depp will be the lead star...lol
    Music is my LIFE!!!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jagass View Post
    Thinking that Johnny Depp will be the lead star...
    Well, he isn't playing Alice Though, that would be fun too.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Well, he isn't playing Alice Though, that would be fun too.
    hmmm, well, he has played a blonde, before