• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Post Welcome to MiceChat D23

Disney's D23 (an homage to 1923, the year Walt began his studio) has finally launched after a months long teaser campaign. This "Fan" initiative includes a magazine (Disney Twenty Three), web site (D23), and a fan Expo, the site also links to fan inspired merchandise and features throughout the Disney company.

Confusion has swirled about what the program really is and whether or not one needs to pay $75 to participate. While D23 does include a $75 membership, you do NOT need to pay that fee to have full access to the web site. Nor do you have to pay the $75 to buy the magazine in book stores. Much of D23 is actually available for free and well worth exploring.

We are most excited by the access to the Disney archives. There seems to be a sudden willingness of the Disney Company to share its history with fans, and that is a very good thing.

It appears that Disney has heard the criticisms about the confusion surrounding the program and changes are likely.

When visiting D23, we recommend the "Ask Dave" section and the blogs from the Archives. Features and content will be regularly updated.

We intend to highlight the best of D23 here and allow you to comment and discuss. If you spot a gem from D23, the Magazine, or the Expo be sure to post about it here, along with a link, so others won't miss out.

You can begin your D23 adventure HERE

Do you have questions about D23, what it is, or what you get for the membership fee? Post them here or start a new discussion in this forum. D23 is Disney's first real attempt at a Fan site, let's help let them know what we'd like to see and what new content would be most appreciated.

Re: Welcome to MiceChat D23

I purchased my D23 membership on 3/11 and I have yet to receive anything. My credit card hasn't even been charged yet. I rec'd the confirmation email that my order has been received, and a tracking number has even been assigned to the order. However, nothing has happened yet.

Anyone else experience this sort of oddity?
    belenunlv

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by belenunlv View Post
    I purchased my D23 membership on 3/11 and I have yet to receive anything. My credit card hasn't even been charged yet. I rec'd the confirmation email that my order has been received, and a tracking number has even been assigned to the order. However, nothing has happened yet.

The same with me.. i contacted disneyshopping'scustomer service and recieved a reply that included this: Upon
    reviewing your concern, I am happy to inform you that your order is
    currently processing for shipment and should ship soon. Once your order
    ships, you will receive an email confirmation including the tracking
    information.

I'm assuming this doesn't include out of stock stuff But hopefully they'll get in sent in the next day or so. I'm sure they got a lot of orders all at once!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

The whole thing feels like yet another way for Disney to capitalize on our interests and makes us pay big bucks for it. Not sure I will care to join this "club".

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by belenunlv View Post

Ordered 3/10 when it was announced. Order received but still needs to be shipped.

I read somewhere on the site that the shipment would be broken into segments to allow for fastest shipment of items (i.e. membership card mailed first then magazines, and then gift).

The first shipment should come in from 10-12 (business days?) from order.

I ordered my membership (on impulse) 3/10 and haven't been charged yet either! I almost forgot about it. I hope it's worth it! =)

Thank you for starting this D23 forum. I have my own reservations about the program, but I joined anyway because I suffer from Battered Disney Fan Syndrome, always hoping things will be different this time!

I honestly think that D23 will require an effort of commitment and participation by the fan community in order for it to succeed and grow. Sure, there will be bumps along the way, such as the unfortunate rollout blunders. However, I think that an initial step has been taken by Disney to form a better relationship with us fans.
    Ludwig von Baroketch

Kapellmeister, Gracey Estate

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Thank you VonBaroketch and welcome to MiceChat as well. Like you, I feel that this is going to take a bit of work on the part of Disney and some faith by the fans.

I also signed up for a D23 membership today. I decided that it was something worth supporting. I also have a feeling that with all of the criticism, there will be some sort of effort on Disney's part to reward the early members. But even if there isn't, it was still a program that I would have participated in anyway (at least for the first year).

So long as Disney allows the program to continue, I know that the folks who are running D23 will do what they can to reflect the thoughts and concerns presented by the fans here and elsewhere.

That's why I felt that it was important for us to have a D23 board on MiceChat to help move D23 in the right direction and give fans a place to discuss D23, its stories, and events.

Cheers,

Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• 1000th Guest!!!

Second star from the left and on to dusk.

Add me to the list of D23 members. I signed up on 3-16-09.
    This line left blank in good taste.