Thread: Make it better!

• Rawr...

Make it better!

Ok, alot of the complaints I've hard about D23 revolve around it "not being enough" or "not being in the spirit of Disney"... so, I figure, if the Execs really are taking an interest in the fans, they make take a second to look/listen to our ideas to make D23 a better experience!

So... throw 'em out there! And you Disney-Paid lurkers (we know you're out there), take notes! We just may have the next big breakthrough!

So... How about using the D23 name to bring back Vault Disney on the Disney Channel? Some new origonal programming, some classic Disney television and movies, some behind the scenes stuff... It could be a great way to expand D23 to show the fans what its here for!
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Make it better!

How about ditching the "D23" name all together and playing up the "Disney" aspect a bit more. After all, we are "Disney" fans, not "23" fans.

I'd REALLY like to see them emphasize the Disney more in the title of the Magazine or just re-brand it "Disney Magazine." They'd be sure to get more readers. Especially if they lower the price (if a lack of advertising is keeping the price high, sell some!!!).

I LOVE the idea of the Expo. Interested to see what they do there. And I think that they have priced it right (Much less expensive than a day in the park for a unique Disney experience).

I'm fine with the web site content but would like to see it focus more on the Archives and unique stuff that we haven't seen before elsewhere.

Overall - D23 is a bit of a mess but very fixable. If a big old critic like me, who HATED D23 on launch, can come around and recognize some of the real benefits of the program I'm sure others will as well.

I'm interested to see what other ideas you guys have for fixing D23 and changing fan opinion.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Rawr...

Oh! Oh! How about having the members have a chance to win a day-long guided trip into the vault ?
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IndyJn511 View Post
    Oh! Oh! How about having the members have a chance to win a day-long guided trip into the vault ?
    I saw Woopie take her tour of the vault. It is really just a warehouse with a bunch of boxes stacked up. It would be like taking a tour of the warehouse in the last scene of Indiana Jones Although it is obvious that they dressed up the vault for Woopie's visit. I'm sure they don't usually have priceless props just sitting on top of boxes.

I like the idea of the fans having more access to what is in the vault. I just don't think they necessarily need to actually visit it.

But Disney should start making digital copies of everything in the vault. A lot of that could be made available online as a resource. It would also help protect them in the event of a major earthquake or fire. The information would be preserved even if some of the original items were lost.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    But Disney should start making digital copies of everything in the vault. A lot of that could be made available online as a resource. It would also help protect them in the event of a major earthquake or fire. The information would be preserved even if some of the original items were lost.
    Or sold.

There are already protection dupes of everything, especially the desirable Classics. Have been for quite a while. Which is why there's really nothing stopping Disney from getting into the high-end original art business. (And by "high end" I don't mean Fox & the Hound BG's or Robin Hood inbetweens. )

For dealers, and the wealthy of the world who are looking for something better than metal to invest in, the appreciation curves on original, one-of-a-kind Disney Classic pieces make it a no-brainer.

And for Disney, pure profit.

Mining the Morgue was Michael's plan in '85, when its value was a tiny fraction of today's prices. I don't believe for a minute it's not the plan now.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 03-17-2009 at 07:29 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler