• Not a Minion

Received the Bi-Weekly Newsletter...

I received my bi-weekly newsletter today and I have to say, it's quite upsetting. Doesn't feature any new/important news and is lacking content. The disneyinsider newsletter is much richer in content and more enjoyable.

What are your thoughts?

on a side note, they do have a picture of a new charter pin which caught my attention to visit the d23 store where it does have it on sale...

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Re: Received the Bi-Weekly Newsletter...

I agree. It's much inferior to the Disney Insider. Hopefully that will change.

On another note, I finally got my lithograph. Even though it was in a shipping tube, the tube had gotten severely dented and the litho has huge creases, almost tears!
    ~grumble grumble~

• Not a Minion

You better give them an email. I believe they have a customer support email somewhere. Check you're receipt.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    I received my bi-weekly newsletter today and I have to say, it's quite upsetting. Doesn't feature any new/important news and is lacking content. The disneyinsider newsletter is much richer in content and more enjoyable.

What are your thoughts?
    Agreed. The Disney Insider email is far and away so much better (not that a read much of it, I just check out the trivia sections and sometimes the main article). But you'd think they'd realize D23 members would also get the Insider and immediately make a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    on a side note, they do have a picture of a new charter pin which caught my attention to visit the d23 store where it does have it on sale...
    I didn't see that originally, thanks for pointing it out. Of course, when I went to the site, I was reminded that I didn't act quickly enough to get the Tinker Bell pin. I just went on eBay and got annoyed by those selling them with reserve bid amounts. I almost wish we got the pin instead of the litho. Grrrrr.

• Distant Disneylandaholic

I too was disappointed in the newsletter. Looks to me to just be an index of sorts to what's already on the D23 website. My litho arrived too and it does nothing for me. Looks like Mickey is "tagging" someone's globe. I value the magazine so far at $10-$11, so I've got $40 or so value out of the $75 membership.

• Not a Minion

Looks like the jimminy cricket pin is now sold out. Just released today and gone already.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

So far I have to agree the newsletter is a major disapointment. Its just a standard e-mail that a lot of entertainment companies send out to promote the D23 site, which is free to all users. I was hoping it would include exclusive content only available to members. So far except for a membership card, certificate and a chance to buy D23 merchadise, everything else your so far able to recieve without being a member. I'm signed up and I'm willing to give The Official Community for Disney Fans a go, but so far for what its worth I may as well buy the magazines all seperate. As the site is free, and the merchadise from my understanding can be brought at the parks with out being a member.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, I was disappointed that the email was basically a highlight of what's already availible on the D23 site. Why can't they offer a supplement to the magazine, things that are not already on the website? I agree that the Disney Insider email is much better...and I wonder if they will cut that out, since Dave Smith does columns for both things now...

• Just another Disney fan..

I can't say this for certain, but I believe the idea is that all content is presented on the website. The e-mail is more of a preview/reminder to go to the website to view the content. This in itself is not a bad thing.

Where did people get the impression/expectation that this bi-weekly email was going to be something more than what it is? I never had much of any expectation for it.

I had one expectation - that the bi-weekly newsletter be bi-weekly. As we are approaching one month from "Are You 23?" and have only received one newsletter, they have failed to meet my expectation.

As for the content? I have no idea why anyone who paid for a membership that includes a members-only bi-weekly newsletter would expect to get exclusive content in the newsletter. It just does not seem fair to give people who paid $75 something extra in their special newsletter!
    Ludwig von Baroketch

Kapellmeister, Gracey Estate