Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Be Patient I'm Learning!!

D23 Expo Tickets

Any word on when the tickets will go on sale or even a more detailed list of what events will take place on each day? I will not be able to go for all 4 days, so I would like to look at what is going on so I can plan my trip accordingly.
    Christina

• Disney Trivia God

Re: D23 Expo Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by AlwysL8 View Post
    Any word on when the tickets will go on sale or even a more detailed list of what events will take place on each day? I will not be able to go for all 4 days, so I would like to look at what is going on so I can plan my trip accordingly.
    I think somewhere online it said tickets will go on sale in May. The official word was "later this spring", but I recall May being mentioned somewhere.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

It might still be a month or two before we hear about all the offerings and how to purchase tickets.

I have no doubt that they'll send out a huge email blast and notify everyone in the known universe that the show is about to become available.

Just keep checking back here. We'll do our level best to keep this on our radar.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    It might still be a month or two before we hear about all the offerings and how to purchase tickets.

I have no doubt that they'll send out a huge email blast and notify everyone in the known universe that the show is about to become available.

Just keep checking back here. We'll do our level best to keep this on our radar.

-Dusty

I am always amazed at the wealth of information that I gain from this site, that is why I thought I would check it out just to see if anyone had heard and "whispers".

I decided to book my trip for Sept 9-13, so I can be in the area for whatever day I do decide to visit the Expo! :o)
    Christina

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I am always amazed at the wealth of information that I gain from this site, that is why I thought I would check it out just to see if anyone had heard and "whispers".

I decided to book my trip for Sept 9-13, so I can be in the area for whatever day I do decide to visit the Expo! :o)
    I think a lot of people are booking that date already. I hear that the talented and mysterious Werner Weiss of Yesterland may even be there! We'll have to plan a big MiceChat meet for the weekend of the Expo as there are bound to be a lot of MiceChatters and MiceAge readers in town!
    Find us on Facebook:

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I'm all booked for that Weekend and will be flying from the UK to attend the Expo, I'm now hoping I'll still be able to purchase tickets to the actual Expo, and that there send them to international addresses, or have a will call or print at home system set up. I will be fairly annoyed if there can only send to a US Address.

We'll have to plan a big MiceChat meet for the weekend of the Expo as there are bound to be a lot of MiceChatters and MiceAge readers in town!
    Put my name down for that one!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I'm now hoping I'll still be able to purchase tickets to the actual Expo, and that there send them to international addresses, or have a will call or print at home system set up. I will be fairly annoyed if there can only send to a US Address.
    Disney usually makes their tickets printable, so you shouldn't have any problem. If you need a US address for some reason, just let me know. We live close enough to the parks that it would be no problem for us to bring tickets to you.
    Find us on Facebook:

• Banned User

Thanks Dustysage I appreciate that

• Disney Trivia God

I'm flying into LAX on Sept 9, and am staying until Tuesday the 15th. That way I can squeeze in a couple of full days at the parks in between all of the Expo fun.

If anyone is looking for a hotel/ticket package deal, Disney's "Buy 3 nights, get 5" (or whatever its called) offer is not bad. I figured I should book it now, and not wait to see what type of package the Expo includes.

Quote Originally Posted by cidbliq View Post
    I'm flying into LAX on Sept 9, and am staying until Tuesday the 15th. That way I can squeeze in a couple of full days at the parks in between all of the Expo fun.

If anyone is looking for a hotel/ticket package deal, Disney's "Buy 3 nights, get 5" (or whatever its called) offer is not bad. I figured I should book it now, and not wait to see what type of package the Expo includes.

I went ahead and booked my trip as well because I was afraid of getting stuck with higher hotel rates if my hotel of choice was full. Plus, this way I know I am going, it is just one step closer! :o)
    Christina

• Banned User

Talking of the Expo I see that names have been added to the line up of Disney execs who will be making Keynote addresses. Bob Iger, Dick Cook, John Lasseter, and Jay Rasulo have now been joined by Rich Ross, and Bruce Vaughn.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I hear that the talented and mysterious Werner Weiss of Yesterland may even be there!
    There might be some truth to that rumor.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

• Having a Grand Day!

Well, I've decided to book to go to the expo - the lowest airfares from Sydney to LAX in years (thanks GFC!) and the 5 for 3 hotel room deal pretty much sealed the deal for me! I've just got to choose between the PPH (It's $100 cheaper and closer to the convention center) or the DLH (It's closer to the parks and it's got added DISNEYLANDiness!!!!1111one).

Hopefully they don't go and announce some super duper D23 room/expo package just to spite those who weren't in a position to wait. I really wish I was able to go to some of the other summer events (not being able to do the Burbank tour is really going to hurt), but it's just a TAD too far . It's an added incentive to finish my tertiary studies and get a job over the pond!

Anyway, after about 4 years of putting it off I'll finally be able to go to a MiceChat meetup!
    Last edited by drnilescrane; 05-15-2009 at 05:38 AM.

• Banned User

We are coming to the end of May and still no word on tickets, I can appreciate Disney is in the process of still organising the event, but how about an update.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    We are coming to the end of May and still no word on tickets, I can appreciate Disney is in the process of still organising the event, but how about an update.
    I'm surprised too. I realize the D23 Team published the dates and announced a few D23 Expo agenda items. But that was back in in March.

I don't think there will be any problem buying tickets at the door. However, people from outside Southern California would still feel better knowing they'll be able to get into the D23 Expo before buying non-refundable airline tickets.

If the D23 Team can work with Disney Travel to publish some good hotel rates from Disney hotels and neighbor hotels, more people might decide to go. September is a slower tourist season, and the economy is suffering. So hotels should want to fill their rooms with D23 Expo attendees.

Most people have limited amounts of vacation time and limited vacation budgets. The longer the D23 Team waits to release more details, the more people will already have their 2009 vacation dates and destinations set.

I want the D23 Expo to be a big success. That means it needs to attract more than just Southern California locals who show up on one weekend day.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast