Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

What kind of D23 products would you like to see?

I've seen some interest here in the D23 pins, but what other types of merchandise would you like to see D23 make available?

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: What kind of D23 products would you like to see?

I'm fond of the whole idea of the Archives. Items which feature retro Disneyana would be very interesting to me.

Old park maps. Pendants. souvenir books from the early years of the parks.

I also like it when an artist with a unique sense of style produces a group of products with similar designs. For example, I LOVED the Shag products produced for Disneyland's 50th (Shirts, t-shirts, coasters, plates, cups, jewelry, etc.) Something like that from Shag, inspired by the archives, or the classic characters would be fantastic.

I'd also like to see them release old recordings and videos from the vault. Even if they just packaged up some of the old Vault Disney programs or unused clips from the Disney Treasures. There is so much good stuff from Disney's early years that is unavailable. The mass public may not be interested in Song of the South, but I think a lot of us would be. We don't need it remastered, we just want to have it.

Finally, I think that D23 has an opportunity to bring Oswald back to life. Disney owns him again. Why not release some of his work and some products?

Your thoughts?
    Find us on Facebook:

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Great idea, Todd!

I'd like to see more DISNEYLAND in D-23. And more WALT. and more OBSCURE.

If you venture into the Mickey's of Glendale store at WDI, the pins they have are basically the kind of pins that EVERYONE would rather be buying. The stuff in the pin stores... really lame. If D23 is aiming for the true disney enthusiast, they need to treat us with things that we'd actually want.

CLASSY items.

The first gift with Mickey and the globe wasn't very satisfying to me. But a smaller size replica painting of the original concept of Ryman's Disneyland would have been great!

And I'm just a fan of Imagineering art anyway and would love to see more of that.

And if Disney really wants to gain some subscribers, they could easily make a few exclusive Olzewski pieces for D23.

I've also grown unsatisfied with the plush that they sell in the parks. How about bringing out some random characters that never made it to the plush toy form? Oswald would be a good start.

For the film side, I'd like to see stuff that was never released due to "lack of interest" or something. How about a CD Soundtrack for all the Pixar shorts? There's some great music on those little films that I'd love to have.

Old school disney movie posters reprinted... i think there would be some interest in that as well.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Not a Minion

Limited edition replicas of movie props.

I think a model of the multiplane camera would be cool.

Special D23 edition movies that are no longer in release such as Songs of the South and Aladdin (my personal favorite).

• Shablagoo!

Not a member, but if they want me some things they could consider having.

T-shirts with obscure characters. It is easy to get shirts with Jack Skellington, Mickey, Grumpy, Donald, and Goofy. Occasionally they make one with a rare character. One of my all time favorites is a Shere Khan shirt they made for the Disney Store. Here it is...

I would love to see more like this with characters like the Horned King, Tron (Alan 1), VINcent, Chernabog, and such.

Also a Park based t-shirt series would be cool. They could combine characters with phrases from the attraction. Imagine a shirt with the redhead from POTC, that says "We Wants the Redhead!" or one with the HM's Hitchhiking Ghosts that says 'Going Our Way?"

Not all products have to be high end or expensive. Just quality and cool looking.

I'd like to see them open up their library (Old Disney Channel Movies, programming) like WB has done but make it exclusive to D23 members. You want membership rates to skyrocket? That's the approach to use.

I like some of the suggestions on here as well with movie props, old movie posters, unique character t-shirts. Disney has a real opportunity here to do something unique for it's fans. I hope they go all out on this.

• Fastest Man Alive

You know what would be awesome? An entire book full of replicas of EVERY attraction poster! I would totally get that.

• Disney Trivia God

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    You know what would be awesome? An entire book full of replicas of EVERY attraction poster! I would totally get that.

I would, too. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I'd also like some classic Disneyland merch - pennants, clothes, park maps - like Dustysage mentioned.

What about a High-Def, good quality DVD/Blu-ray of extinct Disney attractions - i.e. America Sings, Horizons, the original Journey Into Imagination... Someone in the video archives must have a copy that can be pressed onto DVD. It'd be nice to relive these wonderful attractions once more, without having to look at some grainy video on YouTube.

I'd also like to see sly references to older Disney films put out in merch - i.e. a Medfield College sweatshirt. I'd get the joke, and it'd amuse me to have people ask where its located. I know that they used to sell one on the studio lot years ago - I wish they'd make them available for the rest of us.

I'm a huge fan of the park music - I've got all of the box sets that are out, but I wish they'd offer us some more park and attraction music -- something other than "Grim Grinning Ghosts" and "A Pirates Life For Me" - both of which are great songs, but I've got them on at least a dozen CDs already.

Video releases? Well, there's always Song of the South - exclusively for D23 members. I'd also love to see high-quality, remastered versions of some of their films from the 50's - 70's - The Happiest Millionaire, for example.

Finally, I hope that they keep it "classic". I love the older stuff, but I really can't hang with High School Musical or Hannah Montana. There's a market for today's tween audience, but I hope it doesn't overrun D23, too.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Lots of good ideas here! I'm all for more obscure characters. I like the fact that on the D23 certificate, they included some rare one, and my personal favorite, Gurgi. If they released anything with him on it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but I realize that's pretty limited.

I love the idea of an attraction poster book. It shouldn't be out of the realm of possibility either, since there was a book with all of the animated film posters that was released many years ago.

Also, any video or audio they release would be a must buy for me. If they made something like the current "Walt Disney and the 1964 World's Fair" set a D23 exclusive, that would help. Not that I'm saying that particular release should be, because, it's too late for that. I mean a brand new D23 exclusive set of some rare Disney audio.

• Minion

Movies... TV shows... music... art - - Walt Disney's true work.

The majority of Walt's TV programs are unreleased.

Everything from Walt's film and TV library should be on DVD.

Classic LPs and unreleased soundtracks on CD.

Genuine animation art reference from the ARL and WDI at popular prices.

Song of the South.

• Not a Minion

But this leaves the one issue of having these items be resold on ebay for much a higher price...

However, i do like the sound of a lot of these ideas

• Be Patient I'm Learning!!

I am with everyone else, I would like items that are unique and different then what is already out there. I would love to see old maps of the parks as well as blueprints of attractions and some nice restored photos of the building of the attractions. I am big on charaters, so some clothing that features characters beyond the princesses and fab 5 would be great. Items with tie backs to older movies and attractions- such as the subs when they used to have women dressed as mermaids in the lagoon.
    Christina

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I just thought of something else I'd be very interested in seeing D23 release as merchandise:

Imagineering sketches and concept art. Artwork from Epcot, Disneyland, attractions built and only proposed. A lot of the concept art is fantastic but we only get a chance to see very little of it in public.
    Find us on Facebook:

• Minion

"Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color" DVD season sets

(There are 18 Ludwig VonDrake hosted shows alone - - only a couple on DVD, and those aren't complete!)

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I agree with the Yesterland and vintage type stuff. All the cool old stuff that I wasn't around for, esp. Disneyland related.

Merch from some rides other than the huge deals. More diverse tees... not just with big ole characters but with smaller graphics or sayings. And older and obscure characters yes! Some of the more lesser known items.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast