Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Tickets Now Available for the D23 EXPO, Anaheim Convention Center Sept. 10-13

Spotted these today on the way to a lunch

"If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Re: Tickets Now Available for the D23 EXPO, Anaheim Convention Center Sept. 10-13

Just purchased a 4-day ticket. No problem at all. I had more trouble posting on MiceChat tonight.

The lineup looks very impressive. So far, Lasseter's Sunday keynote, the Archives exhibit, the Legends ceremony, and Randy Thornton's HM music presentation interest me the most. Can't wait to see everyone there.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    Im bummed that I HAVE to buy a ticket for a certain date. They don't offer a a ticket that you can use once on any of the four dates.
    I see your point, but it also makes sense that the tickets are for specific dates.

There is a finite capacity for each day. I can imagine Sunday selling out early because of John Lasseter's keynote and because people are not at work or in school on Sunday. I can imagine far less demand for Thursday.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

I was one of those that joined on Day 1. I have to say that registration was pretty easy with no problems, but the minute I tried to buy something as a D23 member I had trouble. This seems to be an ongoing thing. I didn't email because in the past 2-3 years, I've never once received an email back from Customer Service. I called and they already knew there was a registration problem when it came to recognizing you as a D23 member. They had me in the system and able to purchase within a day or two and I've had no problem since. Looks like they still must have some problems with this still. I would call though, not email. Helps to speak to an actual person.

Plus it was nice to be told to have a Magical Day after getting so irritated.

• no flash photography...

I ordered without any issues today.

• Disneylander

I got my tickets yesterday. I did not have any issues.
    I also got a response to my question sent to the D23 e-mail customer service e-mail. It took awhile, but it worked.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I got a reply from guest services from my 2nd email I sent, but not the first one. To activate my account, I need to have a Disney Store account, which I do. I since then emailed them all my info to request them apply my D23 membership to my disney store account.

Now I'm waiting for a confirmation email that it went through.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

I sure wish they would finalize the dates and times for the movies that they are showing.
    Mike

Lightbulb Re: Tickets Now Available for the D23 EXPO, Anaheim Convention Center Sept. 10-13

I imagine most of the members that will be attending live in CA. I see here though, that there are some coming in from out-of-state. Have you booked your room using the package deals being offered? Or just on your own? As I'm coming in from Michigan, I did a little searching on the Orbitz site and came up with a few more reasonably priced hotels within walking distance of the venue. I decided on the Jolly Roger. However instead of booking thru Orbitz, I called the hotel directly to see what they were offering. The rate I was quoted was about $10 more per night, but when I told them what I saw on on-line, they said they can match that rate. It came out to about $65 per night including tax.

Just wanted to share that tip in case anyone is as worried as I was about all the cheaper places filling up quickly.

• Diamond Edition

I'll be coming from Orlando, FL. My boyfriend and I booked our room on March 10th at a hotel near the convention center for $60 a night. We figured if we did it then, hotels wouldn't have time to hear about the even and raise their rates. We were right.

I haven't booked my air fare yet, but I should do that soon. We bought our 4-day pass on the first day with no problems.

• Disney Trivia God

I'm coming from the Midwest (Omaha, NE). I booked a room at the Marriott, using Disney's "Buy 3, get 5" offer, which was a better deal than anything offered by Disney to stay in one of their hotels. It's next door to the convention center, soI won't have to mess with parking, either.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Anabella is just next to the convention center as well. We have stayed there many times in the past. And, while it would be a bit of a walk, the HoJo is always a great place to stay and offers special MiceChat rates.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Sock Puppet

Yep, we have our four-day tix and our room at the DLH.

Let's get the party started!

• Resident Ghost

I'm pretty sure this won't sell out fast. $90 is a lot of cash for a convention... ever been to Comic-con? Cheap compared to this... I'm afraid people will be let down...

• Diamond Edition

I have been to comic con's before. Yes, it was cheap to get in, but the entertainment was cheap too. Since so many companies are paying to sponsor it, they make money elsewhere. Plus, to me it seemed that the whole comic con was just a glorified mall with more to do. Most of the cool things to do charged extra, such as getting autographs or attending certain events. The Disney Expo is fully operated by Disney. In addition, the lineup of events and entertainment sounds much nicer than anything I've experienced at a comic convention. With the exception of the vendor area, there is only one place to buy official merchandise at the Expo, and from what I understand, most vendors won't be there to sell stuff, but rather to promote their Disney based website or events, such as Laughing Place or NFFC. I have absolutely no problem paying more for this and I have every reason to believe that I will get more out of it.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast