• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

D23 2009 Fan Art Portrait Contest

Attention MiceChat artists, D23 has just announced a fan art contest which celebrates the "Fab Five."

Disney fans are some of the most imaginative people in the world. To celebrate that wellspring of creativity, D23 is holding the first Fan Art Contest, open to members of D23. And what better way to kick off the contest’s inaugural year by honoring Disney’s “fab five”: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto! A select number of finalist artwork will be displayed in the Fan Art Gallery at the D23 Expo this September 10–13, 2009 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, Calif.

• Members must submit a sketch of their proposed work to The Walt Disney Archives no later than June 22, 2009. No more than three (3) sketches may be submitted per member. Work will be judged by a panel of creative executives.

• Artists whose work has been accepted by thepanel at the initial sketch stage will be notified by telephone or e-mail on or before July 20, 2009 and must respond to notification. If a response has not been received within ten days of notification, the acceptance will become null and void.

• Final art must be submitted to The Walt Disney Archives no later than August 21, 2009. Entries received after this date will not be accepted, judged, or returned. From the final artwork received, the panel will select several pieces, which be displayed at the D23 Expo. Those finalists whose artwork has been selected will be notified no later than August 28, 2009.

ARTIST ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open to any D23 member in good standing who is 18 years of age or older.

ART SPECIFICATIONS: The final work will show Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Goofy, and Donald Duck (“Fab Five”), and all five MUST be represented. The work may be two- or three-dimensional. Art may not be electricaldigital, require electricity or require the use of any external device including but not limited to a generator, computer, battery pack, or external outlet. Art may not be made out of food, vegetation, or any perishable item, nor may it utilize any animal byproducts or pelts. Art may be no larger than 5’ square and weigh no more than 50 lbs. Art may be signed by artist.

ELIGIBLE WORK: Works must be original in concept and created solely for this contest. Work may not have been previously published in any form whatsoever. Work done for The Walt Disney Company family of companies, or with any help from or under the supervision of another person will not be accepted.

ENTRY FORMAT AND FINALIST SELECTION: Initial entries must be original sketches of the planned work in any media and any size selected by the artist.

ENTRY FORMS: Entry forms must be downloaded from the D23 Web site and must be fully completed, signed and affixed to the originalsketch(es). Entries submitted without completed forms will not be considered. Entries must be received on or before June 15, 2009. Entries received after this date will not BE CONSIDERed OR RETURNED. D23 is not responsible for late mail deliveries.

SPECIAL NOTE: Upon submission, all entries (sketches and final paintings) become the property of Disney Enterprises, Inc. (“Disney”) and may be used in perpetuity at Disney’s sole discretion. Artists are responsible for all material costs including packaging and shipping.

Visit D23Expo.com to download Artwork Submission Form, Artwork Submission Agreement, and Rules and Procedures for Submission of Work.
    http://d23.disney.go.com/expo/articl...BN_FanArt.html

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: D23 2009 Fan Art Portrait Contest

This would be awesome for Jeff. too bad I'm the member
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Are there any MiceChat artists out there who are planning to enter this contest? Just a week left to get your initial sketches in.

And we'd love to see your work as well.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Doesn't get enough Disney

I'd love to enter, but unfortunately I'm not eligible!
    Ah well. Best of luck to those D23 members 18 and up!

Si vous voulez venir danser aussi, le ticket d’entrée n’est jamais gratuit.
    Il faut payer de sa vie.

• Too far from Disney World

I thought about it. I entered the Donald one. My sketches arrived and were signed for this morning.
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

I entered both the Donald Duck and Fab 5 contest.

I'm really excited about it, I highly doubt I'll make it into the show seeing how for the Donald contest they're only accepting 25 final entries. That's pretty slim and with the article about the work the Disney Archives have already received...I'm thinking I don't stand a chance. I just wonder how many Full-Time Disney Animators/Artists/Imagineers entered the contest??? I know a lot of them are D23 members. I didn't see a final entry count for the Fab 5 contest. So I'm still hopeful for that.

I really like the concept of D23 holding fan art exhibits. It would be killer if they would do an Art of Disneyland/Walt Disney World for fans or a Haunted Mansion Contest for it's upcoming anniversary. I would soooo be on it.

If I do make it into the show(s) I'm gonna spend a mint shipping em out the Cali.

Wish me luck and to all who entered either contest, good luck.

• Diamond Edition

I really wish I had a talent for drawing and painting. I would have loved to have done this. Maybe I should take some classes and enter something next year.

So i just got word, I've been accepted into the Fab 5 art exhibit. The panel of judges liked all 3 of my concept sketches and have given me the option of submitting one final piece or all three!!! I can't believe it....the Donald Duck Portrait contest and now this. I'm sooooo pumped! I'm going to be knee deep in Disney art for the next month, I can't think of a better way to spend it.

• DMTNT

Congratulations terp79.

• Disneylander

Congratulations Terp79!

• Diamond Edition

That is so exciting! I can't wait to see what you decide to display at the Expo, terp79.