Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: How has your experience been with D23 Customer Service

I sent a letter to Disneyland after our recent bad trip to Disneyland from MN. I got a call back from an internal affairs person telling me the letter was sent to the right people last night. Part of the gripe not about Dianeyland itself belonged to D23 and the exclusive events that forget about people that don't live by either park. I think it isn't fair to give away exclusives at the event just to have people turn them back around to Ebay. Shame on you. I will see if D23 is going to cough up some exclusives to collectors who can't fly out just to be part of a one night movie deal.

• Too far from Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyaholik View Post
    I will see if D23 is going to cough up some exclusives to collectors who can't fly out just to be part of a one night movie deal.
    This is a great idea! I won't be able to attend this year but it would be great to be offered the option of purchasing items through a D23 store after the Expo...
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticDuck View Post
    This is a great idea! I won't be able to attend this year but it would be great to be offered the option of purchasing items through a D23 store after the Expo...
    I just was hoping that someone would step up and offer it to us but looks like we have to ask for it LOL

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

There sure seems to be a big difference between the Expo Customer Service and the regular D23 Customer Service. The Expo people took care of me quickly and courteously. The regular D23 people don't even return my emails.
    Mike

Sorry to change from a long time lurker to a member just so I can complain about Disney D23 in my first post! My problem is that I cannot link from the D23 website to the Disney Store -- it won't recognize my already registered Member name and password. I was able to sign up for D23 by going directly to DisneyStore.com, but now I find that having a D23 membership number may not be enough to get the benefits of D23.

To sign up for the contest to win tickets to Lion King in Vegas, you must link from D23. So not being able to link means no chance to enter. The theater tickets/backstage events do not require such a link, but I am concerned that other free events will require it. For anybody who signed up for either Up at the El Capitan or the Illuminations event at Epcot, did you provide you registered name and password or your D23 membership number and last name (as is required for the Expo)?

I sent an email to Disneystore as directed but doubt it will be resolved by 6/15 when the contest closes. Anyone have a phone number? Thanks for your help -- Suzanne

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneSLO View Post
    Sorry to change from a long time lurker to a member just so I can complain about Disney D23 in my first post! My problem is that I cannot link from the D23 website to the Disney Store -- it won't recognize my already registered Member name and password. I was able to sign up for D23 by going directly to DisneyStore.com, but now I find that having a D23 membership number may not be enough to get the benefits of D23.

To sign up for the contest to win tickets to Lion King in Vegas, you must link from D23. So not being able to link means no chance to enter. The theater tickets/backstage events do not require such a link, but I am concerned that other free events will require it. For anybody who signed up for either Up at the El Capitan or the Illuminations event at Epcot, did you provide you registered name and password or your D23 membership number and last name (as is required for the Expo)?

I sent an email to Disneystore as directed but doubt it will be resolved by 6/15 when the contest closes. Anyone have a phone number? Thanks for your help -- Suzanne

You seem to be having the same problem I'm having. I finally got a call from someone at Disney Store late friday afternoon and she says that there's an issue (obviously) with how emails are being routed and how they are being handled.

Since a lot of the techies are east coasters, there was still nothing that could be done at that moment but she says this is a very important concern and that they are working on it as fast as they possibly can.

It is a new service that they're providing and I guess nobody bothered to communicate to the rest of the company how it was being integrated. sigh.

Well.. i don't know how my reply will help you get the studio tour, nor will I since I'm not activated yet either, but it is somewhat reassuring that someone cared enough to let me know about it.

We'll see what happens I guess. I'm done being angry about it. It won't change anything at this point.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Too far from Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    You seem to be having the same problem I'm having. I finally got a call from someone at Disney Store late friday afternoon and she says that there's an issue (obviously) with how emails are being routed and how they are being handled.

Since a lot of the techies are east coasters, there was still nothing that could be done at that moment but she says this is a very important concern and that they are working on it as fast as they possibly can.

It is a new service that they're providing and I guess nobody bothered to communicate to the rest of the company how it was being integrated. sigh.

Well.. i don't know how my reply will help you get the studio tour, nor will I since I'm not activated yet either, but it is somewhat reassuring that someone cared enough to let me know about it.

We'll see what happens I guess. I'm done being angry about it. It won't change anything at this point.
    I was having a problem, as I posted earlier, with disney shopping not taking my card properly. I emailed disney shopping.com (although it took me about 6-7 times to get their email link to work and not come back with some random error) AND I emiled the D23 email link posted on their
    website.

Finally they took my card and then earlier this week the charge vanished. I called and the lady I spoke with told me everything was fine and D23 is handled by another company. The next day I received a letter saying that they were still having a problem charging me. AGAIN, I called and was told everything was fine.

I received my card today in the mail but still haven't been charged. I hope everything is handled ok, cause they sure have me confused!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

My D23 username/pw didn't work either. I used my disney.com login (the same one that I use at disneyshopping.com) and I was able to enter just fine. So hopefully that worked? I'm not sure what linking from D23 means.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    My D23 username/pw didn't work either. I used my disney.com login (the same one that I use at disneyshopping.com) and I was able to enter just fine. So hopefully that worked? I'm not sure what linking from D23 means.
    I only have one Member Name and PW.

When I first tried to join, I hit button on the D23 website that said "Join D23," put the membership in the basket and but then when I tried to check out by logging in, it said the site was not available. As a work around (that I may come to regret), I simply went directly the disney shopping site, logged in and then put the D23 membership in my cart and checked out. It was when I tried to use the link on the D23 to purchase membership that I was blocked.

When I go to the D23 website to sign up fo rthe Lion King contest, when I put in my member name and PW, I get a message as follows: "We're sorry. You may have entered the wrong user name or password or you may not be a current member of D23. If you believe you have received this message in error, please "Contact customer service."

It's not a problem with the member name or PW nor do I seem to have a problem (as others have reported) with buying discounted Expo tickets, which requires you to enter your membership number and last name.

I am hoping that someone at D23 can get this fixed. -- Suzanne

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I only have one Member Name and PW.

When I first tried to join, I hit button on the D23 website that said "Join D23," put the membership in the basket and but then when I tried to check out by logging in, it said the site was not available. As a work around (that I may come to regret), I simply went directly the disney shopping site, logged in and then put the D23 membership in my cart and checked out. It was when I tried to use the link on the D23 to purchase membership that I was blocked.
    That is how I got the membership, via disneyshopping. But my membership name and pw are different than my disneyshopping one. I got the same error messageas you, but like I said, entering the other info worked.

I hope you can get this fixed
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    That is how I got the membership, via disneyshopping. But my membership name and pw are different than my disneyshopping one. I got the same error messageas you, but like I said, entering the other info worked.

I hope you can get this fixed
    Have you tried using your disneyshopping login and password for the Lion King contest? That's what works for me.

. . .When I go to the D23 website to sign up for the Lion King contest, when I put in my member name and PW, I get a message as follows: "We're sorry. You may have entered the wrong user name or password or you may not be a current member of D23. If you believe you have received this message in error, please "Contact customer service."

It's not a problem with the member name or PW nor do I seem to have a problem (as others have reported) with buying discounted Expo tickets, which requires you to enter your membership number and last name.

I am hoping that someone at D23 can get this fixed. -- Suzanne
    After sending one e-mail to customer service through the disneystore site and a second more detailed one to the address on the flyer sent with my memebrship card (which by the way, was incorrect, problems with membership should be sent to [email protected], not disneyshopping.com), I got several responses, all of which were very quick, though it was not clear how helpful most of them were.

Eventually, today, I got my D23 membership activated at the disneystore.com using my member name and sign up. Too late to enter the Lion King contest, but the link still seemed live today but still didn't recognize my member name. Of course, because the Stuido tour did not require the member name/PW, I was able to attempt to sign up for it and was able to get on the waitlist.

I hope that future sign ups at the D23 site do not require entering a member name/PW at that site. If so, I should be good to go.

Thanks to all for your emotional support and suggestions. Good luck to those still working thru the technical issues. -- Suzanne

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Well I finally got my account activated! Now I can squander my money away but too bad it's a day too late to even try for the Studio tour.

What happened regarding mine is that it was a gift account and all this time, it was still under the original purchaser's name. Add insult to injury, my email requests were not being sent to the proper channels for some reason. Several attempts and one finally got through and everything was lined up with my own account at last.

whew. sad that my membership was purchased at the launch and wasn't able to do ANY of the events because of this snafu.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Just wanted to add my experience with D23 customer service.

I tried contacting them two different ways - one was the Disney Store email, the other was using the form on the D23 website.

The reply I got from the Disney Store was an autoreply that had absolutely nothing to do with my complaint (which was about them releasing Studio Tour reservations 3 minutes early), and when I replied to that I got a closer but equally useless reply from a clueless Disney Store rep.

The reply to my complaint using the form on D23's website seemed to actually come from D23, not the Disney Store, and was right on the money.

• Hukuna Matata!

Angry Re: How has your experience been with D23 Customer Service

Im starting to doubt D23, Me and my girlfriend recently signed up, and were very excited about the event coming up in July. We were told that the tickets were going to be released at 11:00am We were both waiting at 10:45a We kept refreshing our screens which takes all about 5 seconds, so we refreshed all the way until 10:59 Right on 10 seconds past 11:00 am It came up sold out. SOLD OUT? For both of us. Im wondering "Is it possible that both of us at different computers both missed it within 10 seconds? Im wondering how many tickets were given away before they even released them, Or did they even release them? I dunno, We discussed it and decided that were going to try this year out, and if this keeps happening just not renewing next year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast