Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

re: D23 presents "DISNEYLAND, U.S.A" - July 17, 2009 (Now Sold Out)

Quote Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
    WHAT?!!!

The link didn't appear til 11:02am, and when I clicked on it, it was sold out already?!!! I guess I should've known....
    That was exactly my experience. I wonder what the deal was? My computer just didn't refresh fast enough?

• Diamond Edition

I had been sitting on the website since 11:50 hitting refresh every 30 seconds. At 11:58, I started clicking refresh nonstop. Finally, at 11:02 the link became active and the second I clicked on it, it was sold out.

Oddly enough, I got a text from my boyfriend before the link even appeared for me saying that he got tickets, so I will be going as his guest, but I still can't understand why the link didn't appear for me, and apparently for lurkyloo as well. I'm wondering if other forum members experienced this strange phenomena? Or perhaps it was just a server error on my part.

At any rate, I'm happy to be attending this event since I couldn't get in to any of the tours.

35 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth

Question re: D23 presents "DISNEYLAND, U.S.A" - July 17, 2009 (Now Sold Out)

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Shakers View Post
    I made it to this page:

"Thank you for registering. Please print this page for your records.
    A complete list of registered attendees under your contact is below.

The registration process is complete. To log out of this session, click Logout below."

The "complete list" of contacts was blank, just as I pasted it. Does this mean I made it or not? Anybody else get this?
    That's exactly the same thing I got. Did we make it or not???

Unfortunately, I got the same message that I got when I tried to buy expo tickets, that my membership was not valid yet and then a minute later tickets were sold out.

I registered but my guest list was blank too. I dont know if it registered my guest. Does anybody know if they send you a email with the confirmation?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I made it to this page:

The registration process is complete. To log out of this session, click Logout below."

The "complete list" of contacts was blank, just as I pasted it. Does this mean I made it or not? Anybody else get this?
    I got this too. I'm waiting for a confirmation email, though. *fingers crossed*

• Minion

Over it. Definitely not renewing my D23 membership. Link shows up around 11:02am, INSTANTLY sold out...

• Diamond Edition

Bass Shakers, we experienced the same thing. We are also concerned that we haven't received an email confirmation yet, something that should have been sent out instantly by a computer. I wonder if they were having server problems? I hope we are on their list.

• Banned User

I'm wondering how one goes about requesting a refund of membership from this "club." I've been online for the last two ticket offerings and came away empty handed. This is utterly pointless. Does anyone know how to request a refund, as aside from the magazine I didn't really want, I'm getting zero benefit from being a member of this "club"? This is not overstatement. I signed up, became a member, so I could take part in the events, which are so limited that they might as well be prizes in a large lottery.

•   

I made it to this page:

That's what I got. I didn't add a guest so I guess I got one. My DD was online trying and as soon she got the link it said "sold out".
    Leonard
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I REFUSE!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandtour View Post
    I'm wondering how one goes about requesting a refund of membership from this "club." I've been online for the last two ticket offering and came away empty handed. This is utterly pointless. Does anyone know how to request a refund, as aside from the magazine I didn't really want, I'm getting zero benefit from being a member of this "club"? This is not overstatement. I signed up, became a member, so I could take part in the events, which are so limited that they might as well be prizes in a large lottery.
    No refunds. It's in the agreement.

• Diamond Edition

As is usual for any non-merchandise item you buy from Disney, including theme park tickets, there are no refunds. You could contact guest services and express your disappointment, but I think the most you would get would be credit for disneystore.com or something like that, if anything. It was in the terms and conditions when you signed up that there are no refunds.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by southsaturn View Post
    I registered but my guest list was blank too. I dont know if it registered my guest. Does anybody know if they send you a email with the confirmation?
    This happened to me too, I am not expecting anything until I receive the email confirmation.

I was surprised that it was late this time - I had two browsers up (Safari and Firefox) so I could go back and forth with them while the other was refreshing. I am hoping that anyone who hit "get tickets" was able to get them.

I also wish they'd do a second event, not just one - so that more D23 members could get in. And actually, I would MUCH rather see them do a lottery so that one doesn't have to deal with whether the servers, etc. are working. Just take names and draw from that.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Sold Out! D23 Presents Disneyland, U.S.A.: July 17, 2009

So it appears that the D23 event planned for later next month has already sold out. In fact, as I was staring at the page attempting to catch the right minute, I can tell you they sold out of the free event passes in under two minutes. I don't know about you, but this is the second event I've missed and I'm starting to contemplate not renewing my membership next year if I can't access events right in my backyard.

Anybody out there lucky enough to grab one?

• Diamond Edition

I think the challenge of doing this event twice is the fact that there are three guests that they would have to take more time from. I'm sure all three of the speakers will have other things to do on July 17th.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast