View Poll Results: Have You Signed Up For D23?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - I took the plunge

97 78.86%
  • Thinking About It - I haven't signed up yet, but I'm thinking about it

26 21.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Post D23 Sign Up Information

(Updated January 1, 2010)

Howdy MiceChatters,

D23 is Disney's latest, and best to date, attempt at a Fan Club. With a Magazine, EXPO, Fan Events, and Web Site, D23 is really coming into its own as a great fan experience. The price is $74.99 per person for a full membership (with magazine), and $34.99 without the magazine.

If you haven't signed up and are looking to take the plunge, here is the link to Sign Up For D23

We'll sticky this thread as a resource for those looking for information on where to sign up.

-Dusty

PS - Please keep your confirmation email after you sign up - it contains your member number.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Lightbulb Re: D23 Sign Up Information

Dustysage,

I am new to this so I have no idea if this is the correct place to ask, but here I go..

Do you know if I will have an opportunity to join D23 while at the Expo. My reason for asking is as follows.

I don't wish to sign up now because I don't want to run into a snag due to not having my actual "D23 Card" on hand the day of. And, I kinda wanna attend the Expo and feel it out if ya know what I mean. I am a discerning collector of disney collectibles, hence if there is an exclusive item for D23 members I might take that $75 dollar dip.

Any feedback or direction would be stellar, thanks!

• Imagineer in training

7.9 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth!

Re: D23 Sign Up Information

I don't know for sure, but knowing Disney, there will be PLENTY of opportunities at the D23 Expo to sign up for D23. I mean, what better advertisement can you get?
    I want to be an Imagineer....

• Eu gosto de ir a Disney!

still thinking about it... its expensive

Yea but, I think Magic is kinda like Freedom. The cost is always high, however the value is truly priceless. Thanks for the reply btw.

• Eu gosto de ir a Disney!

ive heard unhappy customers with d23

• Diamond Edition

Quote Originally Posted by EMPM92 View Post
    ive heard unhappy customers with d23
    The trend is that the unhappy members signed up mainly because of the events, which not everybody can get into. The real reason for joining should be that you want the magazine to compliment the website and the free giveaways. If you plan on attending the Expo the discount is a really nice guaranteed perk.

The bottom line is that if you plan to join just for the events, those aren't guaranteed and will most likely lead you to be dissatisfied with your membership. If $74 is worth it to you for the magazine and the other neat perks, I suggest you join. I am one of the many satisfied D23 members here on Mice Chat. It only takes a few naysayers repeatedly posting their disappointment to give it a bad reputation, but they don't speak for everybody.

• Disney Boi

I recived a D23 membership as a gift from my fiance now im haveing a hard time activateing it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Disneyland trips 03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11
    Walt Disney World first trip December 11th-18th

Somewhere beyond the walls of Disneyland in a land far, far away...

So far, I have nothing to complain about as far as the membership goes. We have only been members for about a month, so there hasn't been much other than the discount to the expo and the fall magazine...but if the magazine continues to be like the fall issue, I will be overjoyed! I love it! (The member events are just a nice perk if we're lucky enough)
    Imagination ~ dream a fantastic dream ~ use your imagination

Please visit my store!
    http://www.zazzle.com/carouselofcolor*

My current blog - check it out!
    http://www.thishappyplace.wordpress.com

• Nightmare B4 Christms Fan

I have to agree it's a little high,but it's disneyland ... You pay for that when you're at the part or even more. I know it's high but I have a full year to save up other $75 for next yr...

Plus I love the picture of Micky sent me and the magazine's I got so far. Can't wait for the rest of the badges.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    .... Can't wait for the rest of the badges.
    Rest of what badges?
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Nightmare B4 Christms Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    Rest of what badges?

Sorry I'm a dumb a** ..... I wanted to say patches.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    Sorry I'm a dumb a** ..... I wanted to say patches.
    It's okay... We're talking about the same thing. Were you implying that they're going to bring out more patches?
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

I'm thinking about joining. What do y'all think of your experience so far? It's worth it for the magazine, but I shouldn't join just for the events? Would someone mind explaining that to me?

Is the $75 an annual fee? Thanks for any info!

• Diamond Edition

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan1985 View Post
    I'm thinking about joining. What do y'all think of your experience so far? It's worth it for the magazine, but I shouldn't join just for the events? Would someone mind explaining that to me?

Is the $75 an annual fee? Thanks for any info!
    The $75 is a one-time fee that grants you membership for an entire year. Your membership includes 4 issues of Disney Twenty-Three magazine, a membership certificate, membership card, and a free gift, which for the charter year is a giant lithograph of the portrait done for Mickey's 80th anniversary. As a member, you also have the opportunity to sign up for events and to buy exclusive merchandise.

The magazine is literally the nicest magazine you will ever see. It is much larger than your average magazine, it's in full color, and the articles are great! In addition, it covers a wide array of subjects from Disney's past, present, and future, so there is really something for every Disney fan in each issue. Each issue has a retail price of $15, so that's $60 of your membership fee right there. You get free shipping on it as well and members typically receive their copies of each magazine a few weeks before it hits store shelves.

My experience has been incredible! I absolutely love the magazine and they routinely give members gifts with the magazine, which is a really nice touch. I collect pins, so I've taken advantage of a lot of the exclusive merchandise. And I was lucky enough to get to attend several events, which were all fantastic. I also went to the D23 Expo and if you are planning to go to the next one, which hasn't been announced yet, members get a discount.

The reason that you shouldn't join just for the events is because attendance is not a guaranteed part of your membership. It seems like every Mice Chat member who joined for the events has been disappointed because many events are hard to get into, particularly the studio tours. So if you are planning to join, do it because you are interested in the guaranteed components of membership. That way if you get into an event, it will be an added surprise.

I hope this helped you make your decision.
    I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast