Mary Poppins in the Windy City

On another thread goofystitch wrote:

" I am excited to see D23 Night at Mary Poppins in Chicago on the 24th. I'm surprised that event hasn't sold out yet. When I booked it, the lady said there were only 9 tickets left for it and I got 5 (the limit on how many guests one could bring was 8). "

I also booked the Mary Poppins event. It seemed to me when you added up the cost of everything that they are 'giving' us, sounds like a good deal. Did they say how many slots were available to start? It actually took me several tries to get through to someone whose computer would take my reservation.

Hopefully they will allow us to take pictures during our after show experience.

Anyone else here going? I'm driving in from Michigan and am looking forward to meeting other D23 members!

• Diamond Edition

Re: Mary Poppins in the Windy City

I don't think Disney has released the number of D23 tickets they had available, but I'm glad that you were able to get tickets. That is very exciting.

And yes, this is a great deal. I saw the show when it first opened in Chicago and it was absolutely incredible. It's my favorite Disney Broadway show that I've seen (didn't get to see Tarzan and have yet to see Mermaid). I sat in the back of the orchestra level and my ticket was $90. For $133, we get to sit much closer than I was, which is a more expensive ticket anyways, plus we get a program, DVD, and coupon for other merchandise, in addition to the "backstage experience." I was going to wait to see the show again until another tour or when I take another trip to New York, but this deal was too amazing to pass up. I am absolutely ecstatic for this event.

• Disney Darling

Smile Re: Mary Poppins in the Windy City

I was there (sitting next to Mickeychick62! Hi Denise! so nice meeting you ) and oh man, what an incredible show! It was so fun to meet all the other D23 members and speak to the performers. What a great idea to have - and I'd love to go to more of these events!

-Rachel

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I'm so jealous of all you folks who were able to see Poppins. It is one of my favorite shows. Saw it when it first had its debut in London and have been wanting to see the US version.

Sounds like you had a great time at the D23 event!

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

If you haven't seen it before, it is a GREAT deal!!
    As i posted elsewhere, I have seen it already and don't really have a desire to swee it again, so I am a so-so on it (in NY though)

Hope you guys all post trip reports
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Diamond Edition

I was at D23 Night at Mary Poppins in the Windy City and it was spectacular! I saw the show when it first opened and I sat in the back of the orchestra level, so I was to far away to experience Mary flying over my head. The seats were spectacular. We were in the center of the 10th row, which was perfect. The first time I saw the show, there were a lot of technical difficulties, but this time everything happened without a glitch (and Mary slid up the banister, which didn't happen last time).

The check in was a little hectic for us since we were in a long slow moving line to pick up our tickets, but the two guys who led the D23 event were helpful when we picked up our gift bags. After the show, it was hard to hear what the guy was saying and it wasn't as organized as it should have been. Other theater-goers were trying to tag along and pretend they were members and I believe they got to attend the Q&A because the head count was larger than the amount of people allowed to be there.

When they told us it was a Q&A, I was expecting them to send out mostly supporting cast and I was very surprised when Ashley Brown and Gavin Lee were included in the group that came to greet us. They were as honest as they could be in answering our questions without giving away secrets of the show. They were very nice and grateful for our support. It would have been nice to get some pictures and autographs and see the backstage area like they got to do in New York, but it was still a great event and I was thrilled to be part of it.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    I was at D23 Night at Mary Poppins in the Windy City and it was spectacular!
    Fantastic! I would have loved to have been there. The nerve of some people in trying to tag along.

Sounds like you had the best seats in the house!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Thanks for the report
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today