Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Disneylander

What Events Would You Like To See for D23?

Now that some events have happened, I thought it would be fun to talk about what events we'd like to see in the future - after Expo. Steven Clark has already said there will be more Walt Disney Studios Tours, which is great.

My number one event would be a tour of the Pixar Animation Studios.

What would you guys like to see happen?

• Too far from Disney World

Re: What Events Would You Like To See for D23?

I would really like to see some events out here in the Midwest. I love reading about all the events people can attend in Cali, but I live in Ohio and that's a far reach for me to get to attend any of those right now! Perhaps doing movie events in a few different cities across the country would allow more people to attend?

Or special merchandise or events at the Disney Stores just for D23 members (something we'd have to show our cards for).

Another thing I wouldn't mind seeing is perhaps collectors featured on a page in the magazine or on the D23 website. I know some people on micechat have some fantastic collections!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Some behind the scenes tours at Disneyland. Like a walking tour of the Haunted Mansion, or something like that.
    Mike

• Diamond Edition

I agree that more events spread across the country would be nice. Their first attempt at this is coming up with the three Broadway events (New York, Chicago, and Las Vegas). I know that those aren't free, but they are still events. I think the challenge is that people who run D23 want to be at the events to supervise them, so they have to go by what is feasible. They are located in California, so I have a feeling that 90% of D23 events will be held there unless D23 gets big enough to have multiple branches across the country (my fingers are crossed).

I don't think Disney Store events would work very well. They aren't big enough to do much in and they aren't going to want to turn away regular shoppers. The most I think we could see happen is them selling exclusive merchandise, but I think most people are satisfied getting it online.

I have a feeling that wherever Mary Poppins stops on its tour, there will be a D23 Night. That way members in those cities can experience a D23 event if they were planning on seeing the show. I'm excited to see it in Chicago on Wednesday.

I think a Pixar tour would be great! I got to go there for an advance screening of Wall-E, but we weren't allowed beyond the atrium and screening room. I would love to get a full tour.

I would like to see more events happen at Disney World, but also in the parks in general. I also think it would be cool if they would let D23 members stay in new Disney Resorts before they officially open (such as Bay Lake Tower, the Hawaii Resort, and the Washington D.C. Resort that was recently announced). I doubt it would ever happen, but it would be cool.

• Disneylander

Goofy Stitches' idea of staying in the Disney Resorts before they open is a great one.

It also occurred to me that a private party in Club 33 with a midnight ride through Pirates would be awesome. It would have to be small so they might have to have it more than once.

I got an e-mail for the Disney Christmas Carol Train this week. I can't go because I am out of town, but I was thinking maybe D23 could make an event around the for the train for those outside of California since it's going all over the country. That could be cool, especially if members can avoid the three - four wait for the train that has been happening in some cities.

I would love to be able to stay at the new resorts first! Just SOMETHING out here in the Midwest PLEASE!!! I'm so excited about being a member and want to be able to use my membership in the first year and to be able to meet other members at the events!

• Citizen of EPCOT

For those of us spread across the country, who can't even get out to the D23 Expo, I'd love to see live and recorded webcasts of all the seminars and presentations. I would be very willing to take time to make a pitcher of mint julep and login to a members-only area at a specific time that would allow me to watch the festivites and experience the lectures. I'd pay extra to virtually attend the conference, and many expositions are doing this right now (i.e. American Society for Training and Development). It might be nice if D23 even sends us a badge and other goodies to mke us feel like part of the event, even if we can't physically be there.

Quote Originally Posted by gpiltz View Post
    It might be nice if D23 even sends us a badge and other goodies to mke us feel like part of the event, even if we can't physically be there.
    Great idea!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Movie previews across the u.S.?

I feel a little lucky because I can get to NYC farily easily, however, I have seen Mary Poppins before and don't really want the DVD... so paying all that money for a backstage tour... Eh.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I'd like to see D23 take the Archives on the road in much the same way that the Studios have taken the Christmas Carol train to the masses.

Perhaps D23 could go to some state fairs next year. Or take over the Christmas Carol train after that promo is over. Something like that would give lots of people direct access to a bit of Disney history and Disney could also use it to promote what is new and sell a few things as well.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Not a Minion

D23 night at Disneyland. If disney can host a gradnite, why can't it do the same for D23 members

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    D23 night at Disneyland. If disney can host a gradnite, why can't it do the same for D23 members
    With a "lights-on" ride on Space Mountain! And a FULL performance of RDCT (Frontierland section in tact), please!

I'd really love for a tour of Imagineering. That would be penultimate for me.

• Diamond Edition

I would like to see D23 do a member's dinner at Club 33. Obviously, this wouldn't be free, but I would pay to do it. It would be really neat if they could reserve the restaurant for an hour or two one night during which time it opens to D23 members who signed up for the event. They could charge us ahead of time if they wanted to and give us pre-fixe menu options with an appetizer, entree, and desert. This seems like something that many Disneyland fans who are D23 members would be interested in. Maybe it could become an event held multiple times, like the studio tours?

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I'd like to see them do an event and handle the ticketing properly.

:-)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post

Sounds like a good idea on the surface, but the truth is, there still isn't enough D23 members to justify that cost.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast