Thread: D23 Expo News

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

D23 Expo News

So its been a while now and I would of thought the D23 team would have had more information by now up on the D23 Expo. The website hasn't been updated in weeks. I was under the impression that we were to check the website on a regular basis for the latest updates. Anyway while we wait for more official news to be made public, is there any rumours or news about events, anyone on here has heard?

Re: D23 Expo News

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    So its been a while now and I would of thought the D23 team would have had more information by now up on the D23 Expo. The website hasn't been updated in weeks. I was under the impression that we were to check the website on a regular basis for the latest updates. Anyway while we wait for more official news to be made public, is there any rumours or news about events, anyone on here has heard?
    I'm not sure where I read it-but I thought I remember hearing that Lucky the dinosaur and Wall-E may be in attendance. That would be cool as I've only heard about them.

• Theme Park Insider

I know....I'd really like to know if there are any events or speakers being added, as I can only afford to go one day and want to make sure it's the day that has the most stuff I'm interested in. I also don't want to wait so long in case it sells out...right now I'm thinking Sunday, the last day would be best, because I want to hear John Lasseter.

• Candlelight Caroler

I posted this idea previously in What Events Would You Like To See for D23?:

"For those of us spread across the country, who can't even get out to the D23 Expo, I'd love to see live and recorded webcasts of all the seminars and presentations. I would be very willing to take time to make a pitcher of mint julep and login to a members-only area at a specific time that would allow me to watch the festivites and experience the lectures. I'd pay extra to virtually attend the conference, and many expositions are doing this right now (i.e. American Society for Training and Development). It might be nice if D23 even sends us a badge and other goodies to make us feel like part of the event, even if we can't physically be there."

Just my two-cents.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gpiltz View Post
    I posted this idea previously in What Events Would You Like To See for D23?:

"For those of us spread across the country, who can't even get out to the D23 Expo, I'd love to see live and recorded webcasts of all the seminars and presentations. I would be very willing to take time to make a pitcher of mint julep and login to a members-only area at a specific time that would allow me to watch the festivites and experience the lectures. I'd pay extra to virtually attend the conference, and many expositions are doing this right now (i.e. American Society for Training and Development). It might be nice if D23 even sends us a badge and other goodies to make us feel like part of the event, even if we can't physically be there."

Just my two-cents.

I think that is a really good idea. However, I doubt that we'll see this happen for a number of reasons. First, I believe that it would be a legal nightmare for Disney to get releases and rights from all of the people and sounds on the podcast. But more importantly, I think Disney would be afraid that those who paid top dollar to attend the event might feel a bit shortchanged if many of the experiences were available for free online.

It is one thing to tease or promote something and another to give it away

We'll see, perhaps I'm wrong, but chances are that you'll see much more of the Expo from what the fans themselves post online than from Disney themselves. At least that has been my experience with Disney events in general.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Candlelight Caroler

Hi Dusty,

Thanks for your insightful reply. While I'd certainly be willing to pay for access to this event remotely, as other professional conferences and expos offer, I can understand the license and copyright issues. I am sure it will be a wonderful event, and the coverage by MiceChat members alone is sure to fulfill my need for information. So, I shall live vicariously through everyone on this great site. Thank you for the forums!

Geren

• Disney Trivia God

Okay, here's a thought for the D23 Expo...

In light of yesterday's events, how many of you (like me) would like to have a chance to see "Captain Eo" once more?

I know, I know. But what can I say? I always liked it.

It'd be difficult to set up a theater with all of the smoke/laser effects, but with today's digital technology they probably could do a 3D showing with decent sound on a movie screen.

I wonder if it's even possible? It'd be pretty cool if they could find a way to make it happen, though.

• Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by cidbliq View Post
    Okay, here's a thought for the D23 Expo...

In light of yesterday's events, how many of you (like me) would like to have a chance to see "Captain Eo" once more?
    I think it's a great idea. I watched it last night on YouTube and got all nostalgic. It really was an amazing show when it was new.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Nh, I have no desire to see it again. But I won't be going to the expo anyway
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...