D23 membership or D23 expo?

Alright, since money's tight in my family I have the choice of either getting a D23 membership or going to the D23 expo for hopefully 4 days, which do you think is better? I'm still trying to see if maybe I can get the membership then go to the expo for a day, but so far I'm thinking the membership will be better since it will be a hassle for me to travel from Las Vegas to California and hope I can have transportation to the convention center. What do you guys think? Will there be someone from micechat at the expo taking pictures and letting us know what's going on in there?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: D23 membership or D23 expo?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak777 View Post
    Alright, since money's tight in my family I have the choice of either getting a D23 membership or going to the D23 expo for hopefully 4 days, which do you think is better? I'm still trying to see if maybe I can get the membership then go to the expo for a day, but so far I'm thinking the membership will be better since it will be a hassle for me to travel from Las Vegas to California and hope I can have transportation to the convention center. What do you guys think? Will there be someone from micechat at the expo taking pictures and letting us know what's going on in there?
    I'm not sure of the choice, but with a membership, there are events in Las Vegas. I think tonight is their Lion King event actually.

I would try the membership and 1 day at the expo if at all possible, but again, I'm not sure the choice I would make either.

One thing I am sure of is that there will be TONS of reports on here and other websites about the Expo. Being in NY myself, I am counting on them since I can't make it to the Expo either, no matter how much I want to be there.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Personally, for the lack of events outside of L.A., I would opt for the full expo - Plus bring money for the sale. . . . Reports for for multi day events are not nearly as exciting as being there in person. There are so many things you would miss, by just reading about it. However, with the membership, it does entitle you to certain discounts. . . .

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I would try the membership and 1 day at the expo if at all possible, but again, I'm not sure the choice I would make either.
    That sounds like a good compromise. I'd get the membership for access to the magazine and special events. You'll also get a discount on however many days of the Expo you end up being able to afford.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Well I just got the D23 membership (WOOO!!!!) and in like a month I'm gonna see if I can get an expo ticket for Saturday Sept. 12 since it has the most keynote speakers and the Disney Legends ceremony, which I'm so excited about!

Save your money. The membership gets you an overpriced magazine and the Expo is a sales event that you have to pay for.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mousecat View Post
    Save your money. The membership gets you an overpriced magazine and the Expo is a sales event that you have to pay for.
    Actually, the membership gets you an expensive magazine, access to special events, occasional free gifts, and discounts to the Expo and perhaps future events and shows. Depending on your point of view and if you'll take advantage of the special events, that is either a REALLY good deal or perhaps not worth the expense.

For my family, it is certainly worth it as we love to do Disney stuff. The magazines and the free UP All Night event alone were worth our membership.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

I hate how people have beem complaining since Day 1 about D23. Without all the events and the expo, I'd say this is still a good deal with all the suprises in the mail, and I mean COME ON!!!!! IT'S ONLY BEEN 4 MONTHS PEOPLE!!!!!!! THERES STILL A WHOLE 8 MONTHS LEFT OF MEMBERSHIP TO ALL YOU DAY 1 MEMBERS!!!!!

• Diamond Edition

I agree. I have been nothing but satisfied with my membership and I recommend D23 to Disney fans interested in multiple aspects of the club, not childish people who throw temper tantrums around Mice Chat when they can't get in to a limited event. Mousecat needs to stop blasting them just because he/she didn't get in to two events.

• Disneylander

I agree. This membership has been more than worth it for me, and as Disneyfreak777 said, there are 8 months left for those who signed up in March. There are more events coming, more magazines, and I am looking forward to the D23 Expo.