What would be the coolest thing (for you) that could happen at the D23 Expo?

Since it’s just a little over 2 months until the Expo and we’ve been anxiously awaiting any trickle of information to surface, I thought I’d start a fun thread where we could do a little wishful thinking.

What could be the coolest thing to happen? To be able to meet a classic Disney star like Angela Lansbury or Dick Van Dyke, or even to hear Roy Disney or Diane Disney Miller speak in person (let alone to actually be able to shake their hand) would be amazing!

How about "Lunch with an Imagineer" like they would do at WDW? Something like 20 tables with 1 Imagineer to 9 fans (just to throw out some random numbers). Or a meet and greet reception with desserts catered by Club 33. The admissions charged to these could go to charity.
    Or what about a mini-concert by Richard Sherman–just 2 or 3 songs, heck make it a Disney Classics sing-along!

Anyone have some more fun ideas?

• Diamond Edition

Re: What would be the coolest thing (for you) that could happen at the D23 Expo?

All of your ideas sound amazing, Mickeychick62. I think it would be neat if they could do photo ops with some rare characters. I know a lot of Disney fans value finding obscure characters in the parks and getting photos with them. They could bring out some of the really rare ones, like Thumper, Gurgi, all seven dwarfs, Huey, Dewie, Louie, The Rescuers, etc... I think that would be neat, but probably not practical or easy to put together.

I also think it would be cool if they would do exhibits showcasing items from closed attractions that people miss. This all depends on what still exists, but they could have parts of attractions like Adventures through Inner Space and the original Journey into Imagination. Or even a showcase of ride vehicles that are no longer used, such as Disneyland's Peoplemover, the skyway, old Dumbo vehicles, etc...

Some people have suggested showing 3-D movies that are no longer available. In particular, Captain EO, as a way to celebrate the life of Michael Jackson. I know they also used to do a Mickey Mouse Club 3-D movie in Disneyland. It would be neat to see that.

I also would like to see some kind of a drawing that people can enter to win a chance to eat in Club 33.

• Disney Trivia God

Re: What would be the coolest thing (for you) that could happen at the D23 Expo?

I'd love a chance to hear some more of the Disney Legends speak -- I'm sure there are some good stories out there. Even if it was just a small "meet & greet", it'd be cool to spend some time with the Legends and hear their tales.

I totally agree with Mickeychick62's dream of meeting classic Disney stars, too. I've always said that the only person that I could ever meet who would leave me absolutely speechless would be Julie Andrews. So if she was to somehow show up, I'd be there. My first boyhood crush ever (35 years ago!) was Kim Richards from Escape to Witch Mountain. And if I could somehow have a chance to chat up Roy E. Disney or Diane Disney Miller, then that would be cool, too.

If they were to include some activities over at Disneyland, maybe someone could talk Dave Smith into one of his famous Disneyland backstage tours? I've been on two of them with him, and let me tell you - it's one of the coolest things ever. Or how about a D23 member party/presentation of Fantasmic! Maybe they can even present "Murphy" to us. Or, what about two hours in the park, after closing? Maybe a chance to ride Space Mountain with the lights on?

Regardless of what they come up with, I'm sure the Expo will be four days of cool surprises. I'm really looking forward to it, whatever happens.

• Too far from Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    All of your ideas sound amazing, Mickeychick62. I think it would be neat if they could do photo ops with some rare characters. I know a lot of Disney fans value finding obscure characters in the parks and getting photos with them. They could bring out some of the really rare ones, like Thumper, Gurgi, all seven dwarfs, Huey, Dewie, Louie, The Rescuers, etc... I think that would be neat, but probably not practical or easy to put together.
    If this were to happen there better be some pictures posted of Micechatters with Scrooge or the Nephews!!! I demand it!

I will be happy to read any daily/nightly posts of the going-ons. I'm sure what each person considers a neat/fun thing to do will vary and it's lots of fun to get different takes on things.

For those of us having to stay home it would be fun to be mailed a lanyard and maybe a pass or something that says "wish you were here".
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Banned User

The ultimate D23 experience would winning a lifetime pass for me and three guests that includes free dining, hotel of my choice including concierge, free transport to and from airport, free airfare, ECV or stroller rental, and free admission to any hard ticket event, previews, and park including free tours.

I have nothing I absolutely want other that above. I just cannot think of anything besides a lifetime job or the above prize package as being anything I must experience. I would love to see Song of the South in its entirity. I would love to see the Black Cauldron again. I would love to se things from my past like ride vehicles.

If Bob Iger were to walk up and offer me Ed Grier's job...

But aside from that I would like to shake hands and perhaps get a photo with some WDI legends (will Skylar be there?).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I'd be satisfied with a chance to go.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I'd be satisfied with a chance to go.
    me too!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Gothemi View Post
    If Bob Iger were to walk up and offer me Ed Grier's job...

But aside from that I would like to shake hands and perhaps get a photo with some WDI legends (will Skylar be there?).
    If that happens then can I be your assistant in Grier's office.

• Shablagoo!

A giant radioactive Walt Disney shows up and irradiates Winnie the Pooh or gives out free Dole Whips. Whichever is easier.
    Last edited by Melonballer; 07-10-2009 at 02:24 AM.

I would love to get some insight and contacts to find a way to get a job with Disney! I'm hoping to meet some folks who can give me some hints!

Also, this wouldn't be like, THE BIGGEST THING, but I think it would be REALLY cool for them to have photopass photographers at the Expo. A lot of the visitors will be visiting the Parks as well so will probably already have cards. Even for the fans who DON'T go to the parks, getting some pictures taken at the expo that they can order online would still be money for Disney! I would love Photopass there!