Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: Super Secret - Cover Art For Fall D23 Mag - Ghostly Tales From The Haunted Mansio

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    Perhaps a set of signing heads? I sure wouldn't mind that haha
    Well....LOL, yeah, as long as they are flat and can fit in the cardboard sleeve the magazine comes in!

The new freebies they're putting in the member's copies of the magazine makes me wonder if they might send a holiday gift at Christmastime or something. Maybe they'll reproduce some of the studio Christmas cards that have been sent out over the years? Just thinking in advance...LOL!

• Not a Minion

Re: Super Secret - Cover Art For Fall D23 Mag - Ghostly Tales From The Haunted Mansio

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Well....LOL, yeah, as long as they are flat and can fit in the cardboard sleeve the magazine comes in!

The new freebies they're putting in the member's copies of the magazine makes me wonder if they might send a holiday gift at Christmastime or something. Maybe they'll reproduce some of the studio Christmas cards that have been sent out over the years? Just thinking in advance...LOL!
    In all seriousness I think a lithograph related to the Haunted Mansion would be great.

• Bangarang!

I've been holding off subbing as I got the Summer issue as a gift, glad to hear details on the Fall one now. Might just have to take the plunge!

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• D23 Lover!

Re: Super Secret - Cover Art For Fall D23 Mag - Ghostly Tails From The Haunted Mansio

Quote Originally Posted by Figaro View Post
    Circarama - That very cool gift came with the second issue (Donald Duck's 75th). I'm hoping Dusty is hinting at a new little surprise with the next issue. It could be wishful thinking on my part. I like the little gifts.
    I'm a little embarrassed to say this, but I thought it was funny, so I'll share. I had no clue that was a fan. I thought it was a weird brochure that was like a flip book. Too funny! Thanks for clarifying.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Super Secret - Cover Art For Fall D23 Mag - Ghostly Tails From The Haunted Mansio

Quote Originally Posted by *Arielle* View Post
    I'm a little embarrassed to say this, but I thought it was funny, so I'll share. I had no clue that was a fan. I thought it was a weird brochure that was like a flip book. Too funny! Thanks for clarifying.
    LOL.

I love the little gifts. It's a smart way for D23 to tempt people into signing up instead of just buying the magazine off the rack.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    Subscription to the magazine requires membership which is $74.99 for the year. It's a quarterly publication so you will get a total of 4 magazines with membership along with other benefits such as free gifts , exclusive events, expo benefits, and merchandise purchasing opportunity.

If that doesn't seem worth it to you, the retail for each magazine is around $15 a piece...
    Oh nevermind, I won't become a member then .

• Bangarang!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    LOL.

I love the little gifts. It's a smart way for D23 to tempt people into signing up instead of just buying the magazine off the rack.
    Exactly. Its worked with me. Makes me wonder how long they'll keep the free gift promo on?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Exactly. Its worked with me. Makes me wonder how long they'll keep the free gift promo on?
    I don't think it is something they need to do every time. They don't want people to come to expect a gift every time. However, it is always nice to get a little surprise from Disney.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Not a Minion

I hope disney does some sort of "golden ticket' thing again for fall 09 because i found the donald duck surprise quite fun to check for upon receiving my magazine...haha

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    ... it is always nice to get a little surprise from Disney.
    And they are so good at it.

I remember during the 50th event when they had the "Anaheim Orange Grove Party" at Disneyland the night before the actual 50th. The event was absolutely spectacular, and when it was over we were all given this really cool "Opening Day Ticket" platter...

Totally unexpected, but extremely appreciated!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Disneylander

I love this platter. I actually have one too.

• Diamond Edition

I can't wait for this issue! I'm a huge fan of The Haunted Mansion and I love the magazine, so this just adds more excitement to something that I was already eagerly anticipating.

• Addicted to MC since '08

Quote Originally Posted by Figaro View Post
    Thanks Dusty! He is the lead ghost in the photo, I wonder if that means something...

hmmmmm.
    I hope so! Maybe the magazine will give insight as to his future and if/when he returns!

I can dream.

• Happy Haunt

Oh wow, best cover ever!!!!! I'm very much looking forward to it!

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I saw this the other day online and I was so glad we'd already bought our memberships so I wouldn't have to miss out. I think I had hot and cold running chills. :-) Squeeeeeeeeeee!

I do like the magazine and the extra gifts, although I have to say that we have really had a lot of problems actually receiving things. First it was my membership kit, then my litho. was ruined in shipping (they did ship replacements) then I never received my first day pin, then my husband had a problem with his magazine.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast