Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1

    • D23 Charter Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    My dream is 7hrs away!!!
    Posts
    52

    Things you want out of D23 Expo

    Does anyone have any ideas or wants of what they want from the D23 expo I will not be able to go due to football season here are a couple things that i would expect out or want from the expo!

    1. D23 Pin Trading Bag
    2. D23 Expo Pins
    3. Expo Programs and t shirts

    Feel free to add in and if any of you are going or stuck in a bind and not able to go feel free to weigh in on the whats of items you would to see available at the expo....

    Hopefully some of these will be availble to us via an d23 expo online store shortly after. one we would be able to purchase the things we coudlnt get because we could go and two they would make a lot more money becasue there would be a lot of us that would buy these types of itmes via an online store....

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North of the Motor City
    Posts
    126

    Expo Merchandise

    I was re-reading some of the Expo info on the D23 site and spotted a few things that I didn't recall from my first perusal.

    Checking out the D23 Expo Dream Store Pavilion they had this info listed:

    Disney Theme Park Merchandise
    Disney Theme Park Merchandise will offer a selection of merchandise including a D23 Expo commemorative program which includes, apparel, mug, keychain, etc., [this will make it nice for autographs throughout the weekend]


    DisneyStore.com
    DisneyStore.com is the year-round online home for finding great D23 merchandise.As such, we will offer four different, available-for-one-day-only, limited-run and dated T-shirt styles, featuring the beautiful inaugural year Expo montage artwork created by Tim Rogerson. What a great reminder of this event and instant collectible! [ok, I really don't need more t-shirts, but I KNOW I am going to have to get at least Day One. Too bad there isn't one for the 4-day ticket holders.]

    Finally, we will help celebrate Halloween by offering a "boo-tique" of our men's and women's Halloween costumes and accessories. [this will be nice to have adult-sized stuff there. I see it on-line at the Disney Store website, but I hate ordering stuff like that without trying it on. This, coupled with the pins and who-knows-what other goodies that will be made available means I guess I'll be doing some overtime ]

  3. #3

    • Diamond Edition
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    543

    Re: Things you want out of D23 Expo

    Wow. So many things I want to buy. They are having pins and t-shirts and who know what other goodies will be there. I better start saving now and I should probably bring an empty suitcase. lol.

  4. #4

    • DL Fanatic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    Posts
    703

    Re: Things you want out of D23 Expo

    I want to meet and spend time with Imagineers most importantly. I would love to interview Jay Rasulo and John Lassetter for my own questions and I would like to know what DisneyNature plans that doesn't sound like a cut-and-paste of Planet Earth/Blue Planet.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

  5. #5

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    159

    Re: Expo Merchandise

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeychick62 View Post
    I was re-reading some of the Expo info on the D23 site and spotted a few things that I didn't recall from my first perusal.

    Checking out the D23 Expo Dream Store Pavilion they had this info listed:

    Disney Theme Park Merchandise
    Disney Theme Park Merchandise will offer a selection of merchandise including a D23 Expo commemorative program which includes, apparel, mug, keychain, etc., [this will make it nice for autographs throughout the weekend]


    DisneyStore.com
    DisneyStore.com is the year-round online home for finding great D23 merchandise.As such, we will offer four different, available-for-one-day-only, limited-run and dated T-shirt styles, featuring the beautiful inaugural year Expo montage artwork created by Tim Rogerson. What a great reminder of this event and instant collectible! [ok, I really don't need more t-shirts, but I KNOW I am going to have to get at least Day One. Too bad there isn't one for the 4-day ticket holders.]

    Finally, we will help celebrate Halloween by offering a "boo-tique" of our men's and women's Halloween costumes and accessories. [this will be nice to have adult-sized stuff there. I see it on-line at the Disney Store website, but I hate ordering stuff like that without trying it on. This, coupled with the pins and who-knows-what other goodies that will be made available means I guess I'll be doing some overtime ]
    Oh dear..I'm not bringing enough money....

  6. #6

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    53

    Re: Things you want out of D23 Expo

    Lots of special things exclusively for D23 members only.

    I know the Expo is open to the public as well but I think those of us who spent the $$$ on the membership should have even more benefits than discount tickets and early entry

    Their is only 1 pin so far of the many for the event that just members can purchase. Waiting to for more updates on exclusive items at the Dream Store.

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Downey, CA
    Posts
    135

    Re: Things you want out of D23 Expo

    DisneyStore.com
    DisneyStore.com is the year-round online home for finding great D23 merchandise.As such, we will offer four different, available-for-one-day-only, limited-run and dated T-shirt styles, featuring the beautiful inaugural year Expo montage artwork created by Tim Rogerson. What a great reminder of this event and instant collectible! [ok, I really don't need more t-shirts, but I KNOW I am going to have to get at least Day One. Too bad there isn't one for the 4-day ticket holders.]

    I'm confused
    Are the t-shirts going to be SOLD at the conv or online each day at disneystore.com?

  8. #8

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    TARDIS
    Posts
    6,071

    Re: Things you want out of D23 Expo

    I want to have fun!

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North of the Motor City
    Posts
    126

    Re: Things you want out of D23 Expo

    Quote Originally Posted by James90241 View Post
    DisneyStore.com
    DisneyStore.com is the year-round online home for finding great D23 merchandise.As such, we will offer four different, available-for-one-day-only, limited-run and dated T-shirt styles, featuring the beautiful inaugural year Expo montage artwork created by Tim Rogerson. What a great reminder of this event and instant collectible! [ok, I really don't need more t-shirts, but I KNOW I am going to have to get at least Day One. Too bad there isn't one for the 4-day ticket holders.]

    I'm confused
    Are the t-shirts going to be SOLD at the conv or online each day at disneystore.com?
    From what I understand the shirts are being sold AT the Expo, by Disneystore.com through their pavilion store.

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Downey, CA
    Posts
    135

    Re: Things you want out of D23 Expo

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeychick62 View Post
    From what I understand the shirts are being sold AT the Expo, by Disneystore.com through their pavilion store.
    Cool thanks!

  11. #11

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,575

    Re: Things you want out of D23 Expo

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeychick62 View Post
    From what I understand the shirts are being sold AT the Expo, by Disneystore.com through their pavilion store.
    I would like to see more unique Disney related items instead of just D23 promo "collectibles". There are a few items that fit that description, but far too much of it is specifically D23 oriented.

  12. #12

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    151

    Question Re: Things you want out of D23 Expo

    That's all well and good, but I want to know about attractions!!!

    What's happening with the Star Tours update?

    Will they ever stop selling out to corporate events and make attractions out of the Millionaire building and Festival Arena?

    The age old "WTF is taking so long to replace the Rocket Rods"?

    Will the Fantasyland Theatre get a new show?

    Will the Magic Eye Theater get a new 3D show...possibly Captain EO returning?

    What will happen to Electrical Parade once World of Color opens?

    Will all of Tom Sawyer's Island ever reopen? Such as Fort Wilderness.

    Why no mention of Hollywood Backlot in the DCA refurb plans?

    Will we ever get the upstairs portion of the Tomorrowland Arcade open?

    That's all I can think of for now. Notice a Tomorrowland theme? So do I.

  13. #13

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,575

    Re: Things you want out of D23 Expo

    Quote Originally Posted by DARTH KNITE View Post
    That's all well and good, but I want to know about attractions!!!

    What's happening with the Star Tours update?

    Will they ever stop selling out to corporate events and make attractions out of the Millionaire building and Festival Arena?

    The age old "WTF is taking so long to replace the Rocket Rods"?

    Will the Fantasyland Theatre get a new show?

    Will the Magic Eye Theater get a new 3D show...possibly Captain EO returning?

    What will happen to Electrical Parade once World of Color opens?

    Will all of Tom Sawyer's Island ever reopen? Such as Fort Wilderness.

    Why no mention of Hollywood Backlot in the DCA refurb plans?

    Will we ever get the upstairs portion of the Tomorrowland Arcade open?

    That's all I can think of for now. Notice a Tomorrowland theme? So do I.
    Well, since they're pouring so much money into the D23 EXPO, they don't have the money to take care of the attractions you have listed.

  14. #14

    • Not a Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,753

    Re: Things you want out of D23 Expo

    I would love to get an inside look at what will be going on around all the disney parks. Kind of like a blue sky cellar on steroids

  15. #15

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,108

    Re: Things you want out of D23 Expo

    It would be nice to go down there and pick up the Walt Disney library DVDs that have been released as exclusives by Disney Movie Club - - including perhaps some upcoming titles that haven't been solicited yet.

    That would make lots of folks smile!
    Last edited by merlinjones; 08-23-2009 at 05:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The D23 Expo - What is it and what would you like to see
    By Dustysage in forum D23 - Disney Twenty Three
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-19-2009, 01:04 PM
  2. Trading Some Things And Credits For Things On My Want's List As Well
    By Purple.^.Chicken in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 01-31-2008, 02:21 PM
  3. Pet Expo this weekend
    By Experiment626 in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 07:07 AM
  4. crazy things that you do to spice things up on rides!!
    By Tiwat in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 01:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •