Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• D23 Charter Member

Things you want out of D23 Expo

Does anyone have any ideas or wants of what they want from the D23 expo I will not be able to go due to football season here are a couple things that i would expect out or want from the expo!

1. D23 Pin Trading Bag
    2. D23 Expo Pins
    3. Expo Programs and t shirts

Feel free to add in and if any of you are going or stuck in a bind and not able to go feel free to weigh in on the whats of items you would to see available at the expo....

Hopefully some of these will be availble to us via an d23 expo online store shortly after. one we would be able to purchase the things we coudlnt get because we could go and two they would make a lot more money becasue there would be a lot of us that would buy these types of itmes via an online store....

Expo Merchandise

I was re-reading some of the Expo info on the D23 site and spotted a few things that I didn't recall from my first perusal.

Checking out the D23 Expo Dream Store Pavilion they had this info listed:

Disney Theme Park Merchandise
    Disney Theme Park Merchandise will offer a selection of merchandise including a D23 Expo commemorative program which includes, apparel, mug, keychain, etc., [this will make it nice for autographs throughout the weekend]

DisneyStore.com
    DisneyStore.com is the year-round online home for finding great D23 merchandise.As such, we will offer four different, available-for-one-day-only, limited-run and dated T-shirt styles, featuring the beautiful inaugural year Expo montage artwork created by Tim Rogerson. What a great reminder of this event and instant collectible! [ok, I really don't need more t-shirts, but I KNOW I am going to have to get at least Day One. Too bad there isn't one for the 4-day ticket holders.]

Finally, we will help celebrate Halloween by offering a "boo-tique" of our men's and women's Halloween costumes and accessories. [this will be nice to have adult-sized stuff there. I see it on-line at the Disney Store website, but I hate ordering stuff like that without trying it on. This, coupled with the pins and who-knows-what other goodies that will be made available means I guess I'll be doing some overtime ]

• Diamond Edition

Re: Things you want out of D23 Expo

Wow. So many things I want to buy. They are having pins and t-shirts and who know what other goodies will be there. I better start saving now and I should probably bring an empty suitcase. lol.

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

I want to meet and spend time with Imagineers most importantly. I would love to interview Jay Rasulo and John Lassetter for my own questions and I would like to know what DisneyNature plans that doesn't sound like a cut-and-paste of Planet Earth/Blue Planet.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Re: Expo Merchandise

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeychick62 View Post
    I was re-reading some of the Expo info on the D23 site and spotted a few things that I didn't recall from my first perusal.

Checking out the D23 Expo Dream Store Pavilion they had this info listed:

Disney Theme Park Merchandise
    Disney Theme Park Merchandise will offer a selection of merchandise including a D23 Expo commemorative program which includes, apparel, mug, keychain, etc., [this will make it nice for autographs throughout the weekend]

DisneyStore.com
    DisneyStore.com is the year-round online home for finding great D23 merchandise.As such, we will offer four different, available-for-one-day-only, limited-run and dated T-shirt styles, featuring the beautiful inaugural year Expo montage artwork created by Tim Rogerson. What a great reminder of this event and instant collectible! [ok, I really don't need more t-shirts, but I KNOW I am going to have to get at least Day One. Too bad there isn't one for the 4-day ticket holders.]

Finally, we will help celebrate Halloween by offering a "boo-tique" of our men's and women's Halloween costumes and accessories. [this will be nice to have adult-sized stuff there. I see it on-line at the Disney Store website, but I hate ordering stuff like that without trying it on. This, coupled with the pins and who-knows-what other goodies that will be made available means I guess I'll be doing some overtime ]
    Oh dear..I'm not bringing enough money....

Lots of special things exclusively for D23 members only.

I know the Expo is open to the public as well but I think those of us who spent the $$$ on the membership should have even more benefits than discount tickets and early entry

Their is only 1 pin so far of the many for the event that just members can purchase. Waiting to for more updates on exclusive items at the Dream Store.

DisneyStore.com

I'm confused
    Are the t-shirts going to be SOLD at the conv or online each day at disneystore.com?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I want to have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by James90241 View Post
    DisneyStore.com

I'm confused
    Are the t-shirts going to be SOLD at the conv or online each day at disneystore.com?
    From what I understand the shirts are being sold AT the Expo, by Disneystore.com through their pavilion store.

From what I understand the shirts are being sold AT the Expo, by Disneystore.com through their pavilion store.
    Cool thanks!

• Minion

I would like to see more unique Disney related items instead of just D23 promo "collectibles". There are a few items that fit that description, but far too much of it is specifically D23 oriented.

• Banned User

Question Re: Things you want out of D23 Expo

That's all well and good, but I want to know about attractions!!!

What's happening with the Star Tours update?

Will they ever stop selling out to corporate events and make attractions out of the Millionaire building and Festival Arena?

The age old "WTF is taking so long to replace the Rocket Rods"?

Will the Fantasyland Theatre get a new show?

Will the Magic Eye Theater get a new 3D show...possibly Captain EO returning?

What will happen to Electrical Parade once World of Color opens?

Will all of Tom Sawyer's Island ever reopen? Such as Fort Wilderness.

Why no mention of Hollywood Backlot in the DCA refurb plans?

Will we ever get the upstairs portion of the Tomorrowland Arcade open?

That's all I can think of for now. Notice a Tomorrowland theme? So do I.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH KNITE View Post
    That's all well and good, but I want to know about attractions!!!

What's happening with the Star Tours update?

Will they ever stop selling out to corporate events and make attractions out of the Millionaire building and Festival Arena?

The age old "WTF is taking so long to replace the Rocket Rods"?

Will the Fantasyland Theatre get a new show?

Will the Magic Eye Theater get a new 3D show...possibly Captain EO returning?

What will happen to Electrical Parade once World of Color opens?

Will all of Tom Sawyer's Island ever reopen? Such as Fort Wilderness.

Why no mention of Hollywood Backlot in the DCA refurb plans?

Will we ever get the upstairs portion of the Tomorrowland Arcade open?

That's all I can think of for now. Notice a Tomorrowland theme? So do I.
    Well, since they're pouring so much money into the D23 EXPO, they don't have the money to take care of the attractions you have listed.

• Not a Minion

I would love to get an inside look at what will be going on around all the disney parks. Kind of like a blue sky cellar on steroids

• Minion

It would be nice to go down there and pick up the Walt Disney library DVDs that have been released as exclusives by Disney Movie Club - - including perhaps some upcoming titles that haven't been solicited yet.

That would make lots of folks smile!
    Last edited by merlinjones; 08-23-2009 at 05:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast