Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

D23 Members Screening of Ponyo - now sold out

HEADS UP!

50 sets of tickets to a screening of Hayao Miyazaki's new film, Ponyo, have just been made available to D23 members.

http://d23.disney.go.com/expo/071609_EE_PonyoElCap.html

D23 was able to obtain these tickets for the members of D23 on a first claimed first served basis, so if you are interested, hurry up! This isn't really a D23 event, they are just passing the tickets along to D23 members as a service. That was pretty cool of them considering some folks will no doubt complain that more tickets weren't available. It is pretty neat that they are giving these to the members instead of keeping them or giving them out as gifts.

The Special Screening of PONYO will be on Monday, July 27, 2009, at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood, Ca.

Many consider Miyazaki to be the Japanese Walt Disney. Ponyo features the voices of: Frankie Jonas, Noah Cyrus, Cloris Leachman, John Lasseter (executive producer/co-director, voice talent, English language version), Hayao Miyazaki (director). The masterfully told and gorgeously realized film tells the unforgettable story about a young, independent-minded goldfish named Ponyo, who breaks away from her undersea home in hopes of becoming a human girl.

D23 | The Official Community for Disney Fans

Good Luck!

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: SURPRISE! Limited Tickets Available To D23 Members for Screening of Ponyo - HURR

Hurry up! Just 50 sets available.
    Find us on Facebook:

• D23 Lover!

Re: SURPRISE! Limited Tickets Available To D23 Members for Screening of Ponyo - HURR

Thanks, Dusty! I called it in! You have to leave a message on a machine and I didn't have my membership card ready so I was like "hang on, hang on" to the machine while I fumbled for my membership card. I hope I get in!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

This was a very last minute thing for D23. From what I understand, a small set of tickets were suddenly offered to them and they threw together a plan to pass them on to the D23 members!!!

Since it was offered as a surprise today without any prior promotion, It will probably take a little while for all the tickets to be claimed.
    Find us on Facebook:

• D23 Lover!

I have a feeling D23 is going to get a lot of crap for this - especially with what they are already getting with the limited tickets and stuff. I mean, I'm glad I had the opportunity to call in, but if I didn't even see the chance, I would be upset.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by *Arielle* View Post
    I have a feeling D23 is going to get a lot of crap for this - especially with what they are already getting with the limited tickets and stuff. I mean, I'm glad I had the opportunity to call in, but if I didn't even see the chance, I would be upset.
    I don't think so. This is much better than thousands of people all trying to call in at the same time. It is really no different than if they just suddenly showed up on Main Street with 50 tickets and started handing them out until all 50 were gone. Sort of like a "Magic Moment" or "Dream Prize." It pops up suddenly and then poof, it is gone. If you were in the right place at the right time you got it, and if you didn't get it, no big deal since it isn't really part of your D23 membership, it is just something that D23 is passing along from the people running the screening.

I think most folks will be appreciative. At least I hope so. If folks continue to complain about the things D23 gives away, they will most likely stop making these sorts of things available. Hopefully the fans won't kill this opportunity for themselves.

I'd much rather have a shot at a free D23 limited event than not have the opportunity at all. Some spoiled sports won't feel that way, but those sorts of people are nearly impossible to keep happy anyway.

I think as a whole, we'll see more frequent and larger events. But these little special opportunities are also very welcome.
    Find us on Facebook:

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Unfortunately, I can't attend this event. I have to work very late that night. I would LOVE to see this film.
    Find us on Facebook:

• Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I don't think so. This is much better than thousands of people all trying to call in at the same time. It is really no different than if they just suddenly showed up on Main Street with 50 tickets and started handing them out until all 50 were gone. Sort of like a "Magic Moment" or "Dream Prize." It pops up suddenly and then poof, it is gone. If you were in the right place at the right time you got it, and if you didn't get it, no big deal since it isn't really part of your D23 membership, it is just something that D23 is passing along from the people running the screening.

I think most folks will be appreciative. At least I hope so. If folks continue to complain about the things D23 gives away, they will most likely stop making these sorts of things available. Hopefully the fans won't kill this opportunity for themselves.

I'd much rather have a shot at a free D23 limited event than not have the opportunity at all. Some spoiled sports won't feel that way, but those sorts of people are nearly impossible to keep happy.

I think as a whole, we'll see more frequent and larger events. But these little special opportunities are also very welcome.
    I agree with you Dusty wholeheartedly. This is a wonderful opportunity. I cannot go, but I am happy that others can.

I was able to call in and leave my info. We'll see if I was one of the lucky first 50.

I think it's great of Disney and D23 to offer this to its fans. It certainly is a benefit of membership that we otherwise may not have had a chance to enjoy.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by *Arielle* View Post

Figaro posted the info for this yesterday afternoon at 4:37PM after someone at D23 obviously jumped the gun with the event opportunity link.

I posted the exact Special Screening info at 5:40PM #5 .

This is about as much specific a warning as will likely be seen with regards to one of their events. This one has been on the books at the studio for awhile due to Miyazaki's schedule (he's at the AMPAS the next night w/ Lasseter).

So at very least MiceChat had some advance warning - Good luck!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

The D23 page for this event is still up, so it appears that there are still tickets available!
    Find us on Facebook:

• steven.

i just woke up + signed up + called awhile ago.
    i forgot to read all of the event information, so for some reason i assumed that you signed up on the website instead of calling. hahaha, so i spent 20 minutes looking for a way to sign in online, haha. good luck everyone!

thanks for the heads up though! i really, really, really appreciate it.
    i've got no strings.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: D23 Members Screening of Ponyo - now sold out

Times up! Event now sold out.

dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Times up! Event now sold out.

dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

• Mouseketeer

From now on I'm going to check the D23 website and this board every morning. This is the second time I found out about an event that I really want to go to less than 1 hour after it sold out...

I'll be ready next time though!

Does anyone get e-mails or anything about this? Or when the studio tour tickets were released? Am I missing out on something?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast