Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Re: Walt Disney Family Museum Dates Announced

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    Update:

Expect the Auction to close...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Communications Coordinator - Walt Disney Family Museum

Hi Charles,

Thank you so much for your note and bringing our attention to this—we have contacted this particular D23 member and proceeded to void all four of her tickets. Ticket scalping and dishonesty will not be tolerated at the museum. Thank you, once again, for all your support, Charles!
    I guess this fan won't be what they referred to as a "member in good standing" on all of the events. Awwww

• Disneylander

Thanks Circarama for doing this!

• when you wish...

Quote Originally Posted by disneymademoiselle View Post
    I can guarantee some ticket sellers went on the site, bought up all the tickets because they didn't need a D23 membership number and are going to sell them on ebay.
    This is the part where I say, "I told you so." I believe dsnyfn was the one that said it wouldn't happen

Check out the email I got from the Walt Disney Family Museum:

Hi Lauren,

The Walt Disney Family Museum—a non-profit organization—gave the gift of a significant amount of tickets to D23 for the Museum’s Members preview weekend. As anticipated—as there are thousands more D23 members than the Museum could physically accommodate in two days—tickets were exhausted mere minutes after 10AM, and not all D23 members were able to get tickets for the special preview weekend. I would like to remind you that the Museum is non profit and is hosting D23 at the Museum’s Members weekend as a gift—not as an obligation—as we are not affiliated with the Walt Disney Company.

However, as we are currently working on trying to accommodate as many people as we possibly can for this special preview weekend, we’ve managed to get back a few tickets as they’ve come back into availability when guests cancelled their transactions. Although we highly recommend that you become a member of the Museum, we’ve managed to reserve 2 (two) tickets under your name for the preview weekend and hope you enjoy your complimentary visit. A confirmation e-mail with the specific day and timeslot will be sent to you sometime in the next couple weeks—please be sure to bring your D23 membership card and a Government-issued I.D. when you visit the Museum.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you so much for not only your patience and understanding, but also your interest in The Walt Disney Family Museum. We look forward to seeing you at the Museum in the very near future!

Best,
    Andi

Andrea Wang
    Communications Coordinator
    The Walt Disney Family Museum

The Walt Disney Family Museum is a real class act for having the generosity to give me 2 tickets to the D23 weekend. After the error message confusion, I sent them an email regarding the issue and got this email response today

Looks like I'll be seeing some of you that weekend
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

• Gumball Rally Godfather

UPDATE: The auction has been closed.

Props to the Walt Disney Family Museum for invalidating this eBay sellers tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy
    Fan groups like D23 do not need members like her.

Agreed.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

This is the part where I say, "I told you so." I believe dsnyfn was the one that said it wouldn't happen

Check out the email I got from the Walt Disney Family Museum:

(snip)However, as we are currently working on trying to accommodate as many people as we possibly can for this special preview weekend, we’ve managed to get back a few tickets as they’ve come back into availability when guests cancelled their transactions. Although we highly recommend that you become a member of the Museum, we’ve managed to reserve 2 (two) tickets under your name for the preview weekend and hope you enjoy your complimentary visit. A confirmation e-mail with the specific day and timeslot will be sent to you sometime in the next couple weeks—please be sure to bring your D23 membership card and a Government-issued I.D. when you visit the Museum.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you so much for not only your patience and understanding, but also your interest in The Walt Disney Family Museum. We look forward to seeing you at the Museum in the very near future!

Best,
    Andi

Andrea Wang
    Communications Coordinator
    The Walt Disney Family Museum[/I]

The Walt Disney Family Museum is a real class act for having the generosity to give me 2 tickets to the D23 weekend. After the error message confusion, I sent them an email regarding the issue and got this email response today

Looks like I'll be seeing some of you that weekend
    I also send the museum an email regarding the issue and received the same reply! I am now just hoping that I will get tickets for Sunday since I am out of town on Saturday. (and yes I told them that but they said that can't promise me I will get Sunday).

I really appreciate the Museum trying to make things right.
    EM EYE SEE KAY EE WHY EM OH YOU ES EE

I too got the same note from Andrea at the Museum. This was not quite as exclusive as D23 made it out to be. They put aside an allotment of tickets of D23 as well as some for the CPHS who truly deserve this perk - ever been to Walt's barn - plus, their own Museum members. Founding Members got the flexibility of getting tickets for any time frame. Everybody else was part of the timed system.

I think it is important to remember that the Walt Disney Family Museum is a non-profit organization that is not affiliated with the Walt Disney Company. Of course, they both share a lot in common but the WDF Museum is focused on Walt the man, Walt the artist, his family, and the organization that he built. D23 is focused on the legacy of the Studios, which, naturally leads back to Walt.

The Museum knew there were far too many D23 members than ticket slots. Plus, the word is out that D23 members are going to get a collectable pin. This means the people that doubled up - Member and CHPS - are taking advantage of their D23 tickets. According to Leo Holzer who runs the unofficial Facebook group, the Museum is trying to sort all of this out and are finding extra tickets for limited times. He suggests you keep checking The Walt Disney Family Museum for ticket availability.

I want to thank the Museum Foundation. They are trying to live up to the standards that Walt created. It is, after all, the Family Museum.

When the person who gets the follow-up from the D23 Auto-Reply gets an update I would be interested to know how it turns out.

Good luck.

Sam
    SamLand's Disney Adventures

• when you wish...

I'm so thrilled for you, sierranevada I'm hoping for Sunday as well, since I always have to work Saturdays at Hallmark and my best friend, who also LOVES Disney, has a wedding to go to that day.

At any rate, I am so excited this all worked out I could cry. I actually emailed Andi back to say a million "thank yous" and she responded by apologizing she could only give me 2 tickets. So kind. This is a perfect example of the Disney Walt built. I would have never expected this from the Walt Disney Company that bears his name.

Needless to say, the museum will be getting my membership and numerous trips to the gift shop
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Mousecat View Post
    I too got the same note from Andrea at the Museum. This was not quite as exclusive as D23 made it out to be.
    They never used the word exclusive in their copy for obvious reasons.

D23 Members can get a jump on the crowds before The Walt Disney Family Museum opens to the general public on October 1, 2009. They are invited to a special preview weekend at the Museum in the Presidio of San Francisco, Saturday and Sunday, September 26 and 27. This special preview will be hosted by the Museum's Executive Director, Richard Benefield.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

ALIASd you are right and I stand corrected. Thank you.

[QUOTE=GhostHost;1055485514]Its not that at the event you are paying to win something. You are paying to attend the event. The RSP is an additional offering that they are not specifically charging for. Maybe this is how they get around it.

I don't see how if its viewed that way would be any different for D23 since the only thing you pay them for is the membership and the magazines. There would not be a charge specifically to be entered into a lottery to attend an event.

Also, with both situations, with merchandise events and if D23 can run a lottery, your not paying for the lottery in either case. And anyone paying in either case is not automatically entered into any lottery.QUOTE]

Some time ago I won the lottery Disneyland had for a tour of the Dream Suite, this was open to all AP holders. Now how is that legal, and D23 doing the same thing for a museam tour not?

• Defender of the castle

I still feel a computerized random selection, would be more appropriate and fair,for future D-23 events, let luck and pixie dust decide.

• DMTNT

And that you did.

At least this one got busted.

Enjoy the Museum.

It doesnt look like ebay really didnt do to much to stop this person from selling those tickets. She still has an account. You know maybe if this seller would be giving these tickets or even giving money to a charity I could maybe understand. But to make profit off of a free event to me is just not right. I really hope d23 does revoke their membership. And in my expericne ebay never does anything about sellers on their web cite. I once was sold pirated dvds on there and i reported it to them and they didnt do a thing to the seller.

I realize that this may be out of reach for many but for those who can afford a membership to the Walt Disney Family Museum, they still have tickets for the preview weekend. You will get a discount at the store, the opportunity to come back as often as you wish for a year, and the knowledge that you are supporting a non-profit foundation.

I did get the promised email today with the tickets and luckily got Sun. 9/27. Yeah!
    EM EYE SEE KAY EE WHY EM OH YOU ES EE

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast