Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Walt Disney Family Museum Dates Announced

Okay, it is 8/3 and still no info. Hopefully they will post something soon.
    EM EYE SEE KAY EE WHY EM OH YOU ES EE

I understand that those who have purchased the Founding Members ticket level are also having a special preview that weekend. So this means that the museum will be hosting Founding Members, Carolwood Pacific members (that is very cool by the way - they have earned it with Walt's barn and all), and D23. The Presidio is a non-profit Trust so I am sure there has to be something for them. As others have said, toss in Pixar (local), Lucasfilm (just around the corner), and San Francisco civic leaders and you should have a busy weekend.

Info is finally up - tickets available 8/6:

D23 | The Official Community for Disney Fans

I assume the time of 10am is Pacific?

• D23 Lover!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeychick62 View Post
    I assume the time of 10am is Pacific?
    Every other event has gone up Pacific time, D23 is located in Burbank, and the museum itself is on PST, so I would very much think that it's 10am Pacific.

I wonder how many people per timeslot will be allowed in... I'm hoping it's not going to be a free for all like the other events since there are more tickets available, but we'll see!

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Date: September 26 and September 27
    Location: The Walt Disney Family Museum, 104 Montgomery Street, The Presidio of San Francisco, San Francisco, California
    Cost: FREE!
    Ticket Information:To ensure that all D23 Members have the same opportunity at getting a ticket for the special preview weekend, we are giving members three days to receive promotional code 344902001 before its activation on August 6, 2009.

To obtain your tickets, click on the "tickets" section at www.waltdisney.org . After clicking through to the "D23 member weekend" page on the navigation bar to the left, you will see a calendar of admissions. Click on either September 26 or September 27, and choose a time that you would like to attend the event — you can choose a maximum of 4 (four) tickets. On the shopping cart page, enter promotional code 344902001 to change the total price of admissions to $0. Once you complete the steps to check out, you will receive a confirmation and ticket attachment via the e-mail address you provided. Please print and save this e-mail and make sure to bring your tickets with you to the event.

PLEASE NOTE: Promotional code 344902001 may only be used once per D23 membership through The Walt Disney Family Museum Web site (www.waltdisney.org), starting August 6, 2009 at 10 a.m. and ending once tickets have been sold out for this event. For the sake of fraud prevention and/or ticket scalping, the D23 member who purchased the tickets must be in attendance with their guests and must also present their official D23 membership card and a Government-issued I.D. to gain entrance into the Museum. Only 1 (one) ticket may be used for 1 (one) guest, and only 1 (one) D23 membership card may be used for a maximum of 4 (four) visitors total. If you are a member of more than one group, in respect for other members, please limit your tickets to one membership. Although tickets will not be sold on-site for the special preview weekend.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Has anybody read this article?

D23 | The Official Community for Disney Fans

If you look at the very bottom of the article with the sentence in italics it says:

The Walt Disney Family Museum opens to the public on October 6. Click here to learn more about how D23 Members can secure tickets to the D23 Walt Disney Family Museum Preview Event, to be held September 26 and 27.

Is this a typo? because the museum opens on the 1st right? And its closed on the 6th anyways because the museum is closed on Tuesdays.

Yes, that is a typo. Good catch. They have already been selling tickets for October since last week.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

I think it's a mistake to issue a generic code and post it on the public website for free tix. I know it says that a membership card and ID must be presented with the tix, but it seems like it's asking for trouble to do it this way. I think it's going to get kind of messy that day at the DFM!
    --Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    I think it's a mistake to issue a generic code and post it on the public website for free tix. I know it says that a membership card and ID must be presented with the tix, but it seems like it's asking for trouble to do it this way. I think it's going to get kind of messy that day at the DFM!
    I hope that you need to also enter your membership number. Maybe someone who has gotten tickets to other events can confirm?

They have also released the instructions for members of the museum to obtain preview tickets for the same weekend. The instructions are similar, different code, and a different portal - there will be a special link different then the one for D23 members. I understand that the Carolwood Pacific folks are also going to be up there that weekend and that is great. Those folks have done some great stuff with Walt's barn in LA. They deserve the perk.

The WDF Museum members have to type in their membership number before getting to the screen with the ticket request.

Quote Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
    I hope that you need to also enter your membership number. Maybe someone who has gotten tickets to other events can confirm?
    This event is different than previous events. All previous events, ticketing has been handled by D23. This event, ticketing is being handled by the Museum itself. And since the ticketing is not being done by D23, the museum would not have a way of verifying memberships until the D23 member shows up at the event.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

It sounds like it's going to be a very, very busy weekend.

We were going to take advantage of this opportunity for free tickets thru D23, but we already have plane reservations out of San Jose in October. So rather than deal with the heavy weekend crowds Sept 26-27 (and to avoid a double trip to the Bay Area), we're going to visit the day before we leave on our trip. It will be mid-week, so the crowds should be significantly smaller.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost View Post
    This event is different than previous events. All previous events, ticketing has been handled by D23. This event, ticketing is being handled by the Museum itself. And since the ticketing is not being done by D23, the museum would not have a way of verifying memberships until the D23 member shows up at the event.
    If you look at the paragraph with the asterisk under all the information on how to get tickets, one sentence says this:

"D23 Members will be required to give their membership number when reserving tickets."

So this probably means that on the website you'll have to give your membership number to reserve tickets but not your last name.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast