Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

• Disneylander

Thumbs up Walt Disney Family Museum Dates Announced

[QUOTE]WALT DISNEY FAMILY MUSEUM PREVIEW:
    SEPTEMBER 26 AND 27, 2009

05.14.09 - The Walt Disney Family Museum is a place where dreams come to life. The dreams of Walt Disney the man who raised animation to an art, tirelessly pursued innovation and created a distinctly American legacy. Walt's story is told through interactive, audio and video exhibits that include original animation art from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs to Mary Poppins; photographs and film clips; Walt's train, the Lilly Belle; a hand-crafted model of the Disneyland of Walt's imagination; examples of the technologies that Walt pioneered; and much more!

D23 Members can get a jump on the crowds before The Walt Disney Family Museum opens to the general public on October 1, 2009. They are invited to a special preview weekend at the Museum in the Presidio of San Francisco, Saturday and Sunday, September 26 and 27. This special preview will be hosted by the Museum's Executive Director, Richard Benefield.

Reserved timed-entry tickets are necessary, but for this one weekend only, they are free to D23 members. Members are also allowed up to three additional guest tickets so don't leave the family at home! Tickets will be available online starting August 1, 2009. More details about how to get your tickets with a special D23 code will be available soon.

Date: September 26 and September 27
    Location: The Walt Disney Family Museum, 104 Montgomery Street, The Presidio of San Francisco, San Francisco, California
    Tickets: Tickets for D23 Members will be available online at The Walt Disney Family Museum Web site beginning August 1.
    Cost: FREE!

* Available only to D23 Members in good standing. Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and three (3) guests. There are a limited number of tickets available. D23 Members will be required to give their membership number when reserving tickets. Tickets may be picked up only with a valid photo ID and their D23 membership card. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card, may not be admitted to the event. All D23 Special Events are subject to change without notice./QUOTE]

Saw this on Twitter and then found it on the D23 website. Looks like they are trying hard to get more people in.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Re: Walt Disney Family Museum Dates Announced

Bravo to D23 for making it a weekend-long event! I will be at the ready to register on August 1st!

• D23 Lover!

So excited!! That is the one weekend in September that I would have been able to go -- so I'm thrilled.

I'm a little confused about the event though. Since we have to get a timed-entry ticket, does that mean it's more of an individual thing? Like you get tickets with your friends and family and do your own thing? Or is it a group D23 thing? Can you go both days or is it just a one day, one time slot thing?

I know not a lot of information has been out on it, but any speculation would be appreciated!

• Diamond Edition

I am assuming that since this is a museum, it will be more of a free roaming experience, but perhaps it will be a guided tour. The special part about it is that D23 members get to go before the general public. However, this is D23 we are talking about and as anybody who has attended one of their events knows, there are bound to be some extra special and once in a lifetime experiences that await you. Perhaps Diane Disney Miller will be on hand to talk about the creation of the museum? That would be incredible. I really wish I could attend this event, but with having to take off school and fly to California, it was between this and the Expo and I couldn't pass up the 4 days of Disney geekdome that await me at the Expo. I guess I'll just have an extra reason to take another trip to San Francisco in the near future.

Excited indeed. I hope with this event, unlike the other two I have tried to register for, that I actually get a ticket.

• Diamond Edition

I have a feeling that this one will be easier to get into, but I think it all depends on what special extras D23 has in store. I mean, it's a museum, so capacity should be larger than the events that sold out, but if they are having something special and intimate, than that would decrease capacity. Also, this event has two options for which day you go, so whatever the capacity is for one day, you can double it. And the fact that it isn't in the L.A/Anaheim area probably helps the odds of getting in since some members won't want to take a road trip or won't be able to with their schedules. But that's just my speculation.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

We had planned on visiting the WDFM in early October as part of our vacation. But now I'm thinking that it might be time for a...

MiceChat

ROAD TRIP!!!

Anybody interested?
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• when you wish...

If I get tickets, I will totally be there! I love, love, love having such an amazing piece of Disney history in San Francisco. I'll be going there all the time
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

• Shablagoo!

I am hoping to be able to go on October 5th. I wil be watching the site on August 1st to get the tickets needed.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    However, this is D23 we are talking about and as anybody who has attended one of their events knows, there are bound to be some extra special and once in a lifetime experiences that await you.
    I think it's funny that expectations have become so high for D23 events that now "once in a lifetime" means every event. Kind of loses it's meaning, no?

I wonder how long they can keep outpacing the expectations that are building with each event... and before the fans turn and start saying they suck when in fact they are just ok.
    --Jonathan

• Diamond Edition

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    I think it's funny that expectations have become so high for D23 events that now "once in a lifetime" means every event. Kind of loses it's meaning, no?

I wonder how long they can keep outpacing the expectations that are building with each event... and before the fans turn and start saying they suck when in fact they are just ok.
    Not really, because each event has been so different that they are hard to compare. With the exception of the studio/archives tours, it is probable that these events won't be repeated, truly making them "once in a lifetime." Yes, you can go to the Walt Disney Family Museum whenever you want, but you can bet that D23 will be doing something special for attendees.

And because the nature of the events are so different, I think that most people go expecting something, but they don't know what it is so the element of surprise still makes it fun.

• space ranger

I wonder when "more details about how to get your tickets with a special D23" will be announced. I hope we all get tickets!!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

FYI -Tickets went on sale yesterday ahead of the previously-announced 8/1 date at the newly re-launched site:

The Walt Disney Family Museum

Walt Disney Family Museum
    http://micechat.com/forums/news/1144...-museum-3.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    FYI -Tickets went on sale yesterday ahead of the previously-announced 8/1 date at the newly re-launched site:

The Walt Disney Family Museum

Walt Disney Family Museum
    http://micechat.com/forums/news/1144...-museum-3.html
    Were those just regular tickets, or D23 preview tickets?

• Diamond Edition

Just the regular tickets went on sale, not the D23 tickets.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast