• Distant Disneylandaholic

D23 Hotel recommendations

I'm seriously considering attending the D23 Expo and am looking for some hotel advice. I booked a Deluxe room at HoJo back in March when the Expo was first announced at $69/night + tax just in case I decided to go. I'm now wondering if that will be too far to walk each day to the Expo? Should I look at something closer, like the Anabella? I think I can get the Anabella for about $83.50/night + tax. Is it worth the extra to be closer to the convention center? What is my difference in walk times? Anyone know the parking charge for the Anabella? I know that HoJos is free. It's likely just me (wife & kids probably stay home) so the walking isn't too big a deal--I could probably use the exercise anyway. I'm hoping to spend some time in Disneyland as well.

Thanks in advance for any insights!

Re: D23 Hotel recommendations

Anabella is closer... but not too much. I would say the HoJo is like a 5 min walk and is closer to the parks!! Anabella is like 2 min walk to the convention center. but further from the parks!! i would save the 120 bucks if you are staying for four nights... more crap to buy at the disney dream store.

• D23 Charter Member

Ramada Limited Suites Anaheim Convention Center
    2141 South Harbor Blvd
    Anaheim, CA 92802

714-971-3553

Try this hotel its a few blocks walk but I got five nights for this upcoming new years and it was like 280 for 5 five. I think it is around 51 a night.. Hope this helps!!!

Thanks to you both for the help! Hope you have a great weekend.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Anabella is a little further BUT it is a nice walk - most of it is on Disney grounds and you can cut through the Grand Californian. Parking is $10? per night.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

I grabbed the Super 8 next to GardenWalk for $42/night on Hotels.com a while back. I'm going solo, and I plan to be spending as little time in the room as possible, anyway...

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

The Annabella is closer to the convention center than HoJo's, (its almost next door) and I'm not sure exactly how long it would take to walk from HoJo's to the convention center. HoJo's does have an ART line stop, but you would have to change busses at the transportation center at Disneyland to get on a shuttle that goes to the convention center. (Shuttle tickets are $4 a day, or $12 for a three day unlimited pass).

The price you got on the HoJo's is a great deal. So if you are in pretty good shape and don't mind the walk or taking the shuttle (more time consuming), I'd say go ahead and keep HoJo's. If however, you think that after spending 10 or more hours a day wandering around the convention center that you will be to tired to walk back and don't want to wait for two shuttles, then the Annabella would be a good place.

I've stayed at the Ramada Limited, its not a bad place, and is a closer walk than HoJos.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

I'm trying the Alpine Inn right across the street from the Convention Center. I figure when I want to go to the parks, I'll drive to Mickey and Friends.
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Happy Haunt

Quote Originally Posted by HtomSirveaux View Post
    I grabbed the Super 8 next to GardenWalk for $42/night on Hotels.com a while back. I'm going solo, and I plan to be spending as little time in the room as possible, anyway...
    We got that same deal! It's excellent. We went with that logic as well, we won't be in it for long, so why book something expensive and really nice?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandme67 View Post
    I'm trying the Alpine Inn right across the street from the Convention Center. I figure when I want to go to the parks, I'll drive to Mickey and Friends.
    It's really not a bad walk to the Park from the convention center. Unless you have a premium or have parking added to your AP, I'd suggest just walking. You can go west on Katella and go up thru the Grand Cal or east on Katella and up on Harbor. Either way, not a bad walk.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

Thanks again to all for the help and advice. I've booked the airfare so I'm going (very excited, even though I'm going by myself) and I've decided to stay at the HoJos.

Thanks again!