Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Re: D23 Expo Auction Info

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Circarama, any chance once D23 dies down we could get a report of the Disney estimates for each item and what they actually sold for? I'd be curious to see how out of touch they are. Also what were in the mystery lots?
    Absolutely! I was able to record the first 20 or so auction lot prices until I got caught up in the chatter in our group about our bidding strategies and financial pain threshholds.

The mystery lots were 3 different works of Disney art that were produced by artist David Garibaldi. The other mystery lot was a cel from "The Little Mermaid" when Ariel was about to get kissed in the rowboat (when the song "Kiss the Girl" was about to start). It was quite a memorable moment from the movie and the auction closed at $2300, which I thought was an outstanding value considering the scene from which this cel was taken, especially when you factor in what some if the "manufactured collectibles" sold for in this auction.

I seriously do not understand what motivates folks to take a pass on an obvious piece of Disney animation history and then in the very next auction lot pay $3100 for (one of several) artists proofs of a porcelain "Donald Duck Family" sculpture.

Go figure...
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Shablagoo!

Re: D23 Expo Auction Info

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    Absolutely! I was able to record the first 20 or so auction lot prices until I got caught up in the chatter in our group about our bidding strategies and financial pain threshholds.

The mystery lots were 3 different works of Disney art that were produced by artist David Garibaldi. The other mystery lot was a cel from "The Little Mermaid" when Ariel was about to get kissed in the rowboat (when the song "Kiss the Girl" was about to start). It was quite a memorable moment from the movie and the auction closed at $2300, which I thought was an outstanding value considering the scene from which this cel was taken, especially when you factor in what some if the "manufactured collectibles" sold for in this auction.

I seriously do not understand what motivates folks to take a pass on an obvious piece of Disney animation history and then in the very next auction lot pay $3100 for (one of several) artists proofs of a porcelain "Donald Duck Family" sculpture.

Go figure...
    Absolutely agree. I saw the Sleeping Beauty cel went for $3300 and thought that was a bargain too for a 50 year old production cel. I heard some of the first 20 or so myself on twitter and then they got distracted too. lol

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567