Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Disney Channel Announces Big Plans For D23 Expo

The Expo excitement is building. One by one, the different Disney business units are announcing their plans for the big show in September. This time, it's the Disney Channel's chance for the spotlight.
    DISNEY CHANNEL FANS ARE INVITED TO A MAGICAL AFTERNOON
    WITH THE CAST OF THE HIT COMEDY "WIZARDS OF WAVERLY PLACE"
    AT DISNEY'S D23 EXPO, SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 13

-- Exclusive Screening of Season Premiere Episode and
    Surprise, Live Musical Performance Included--

-- Radio Disney's Ernie D Joins Fans on Expo Floor--

Disney Channel will present a fun-filled, must-see event for kids, tweens and families, "A Magical Afternoon with the cast of 'Wizards of Waverly Place" -- Selena Gomez, David Henrie, Jake T. Austin, Jennifer Stone, Maria Canals-Barrera and David DeLuise, and executive producer Peter Murietta -- at the largest Disney fan gathering ever, D23 EXPO on SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 13 (2:00-5:00 p.m.) at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. Summer to date, "Wizards of Waverly Place" is TV's #1 program among Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14. This D23 EXPO exclusive Q&A session provides a chance for fans to ask their favorite stars about the Emmy nominated series and the Disney Channel Original Movie it has inspired.

The afternoon will include an exclusive preview screening of the "Wizards of Waverly Place" season premiere episode and a surprise musical performance.

Popular radio personality Ernie D from Radio Disney, the 24-hour contemporary hits radio network and the only radio broadcaster for kids and families, will join in the fun at "A Magical Afternoon with 'Wizards of Waverly Place" event. Ernie D will also make appearances with the Radio Disney on-air team Jake, Candice and Blake Thursday, September 10 through Sunday, September 13 (schedule to be announced) on the D23 EXPO floor. In addition, the Radio Disney Road Crew will be on hand with the "JONAS" Fan Van, playing music and inviting young fans to win prizes.

Tickets to the D23 EXPO are available at www.D23Expo.com. Admission includes access to all experiences and entertainment at the D23 EXPO and can be purchased for single days or for the full four days of festivities. Admission is $37 for a one-day adult ticket and $27 for children 3-12. Four-day passes are $111 for adults and $81 for children. Members of D23: The Official Community for Disney Fans will receive a discount on up to four same-day admissions, as well as early entry to each day of the D23 EXPO for themselves and their guests.

Special vacation packages including Disneyland Resort hotel accommodations, D23 EXPO tickets and theme park admission are available at the D23 EXPO Web site. Packages are available from both the Walt Disney Travel Company and the Anaheim/ Orange County Visitor & Convention Bureau, which is offering a limited number of area hotel rooms at special rates to those attending the D23 EXPO.

Many more details about D23 EXPO entertainment, events and special guests will be announced in the coming weeks. Fans can keep up with all the news by visiting www.D23EXPO.com, as well as by following "Disney D23" at Twitter and on Facebook.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Disney Channel Announces Big Plans For D23 Expo

This should really appeal to the families with tweens and younger children.
    Find us on Facebook:

• Disney Trivia God

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Uh -- yeah. I may skip this one and go over to the parks for a while instead. Can't say that I've ever seen this show. Can't say I want to.

Besides, if they held a Q & A with the Disney Channel people, I'd be far too tempted to ask why they can't show us "Vault Disney" again.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cidbliq View Post
    I'd be far too tempted to ask why they can't show us "Vault Disney" again.
    LOL, it might actually be a good opportunity for you to let them know what you would like to see.

They have obviously found their niche in the very competitive cable market with the 'tween' market. However, like you, I miss the old days of the Disney Channel.
    Find us on Facebook:

• Too far from Disney World

I saw the title to the thread and was really hoping they were going to post something about putting the older short cartoons or the old Disney Afternoon cartoons back on the Disney channel!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticDuck View Post
    I saw the title to the thread and was really hoping they were going to post something about putting the older short cartoons or the old Disney Afternoon cartoons back on the Disney channel!
    Me too!
    In fact, this one is my favorite.
    I'm guessing it's one of your faves as well, FantasticDuck.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Oh wow, thanks for that clip! I've heard the song in the Donald 50th birthday parade, but didn't know it also was used in video like this. Also, I've heard the regular "Non-Donald" version of the song on the Mickey Mouse Splashdance album.

I know we can't go back to the way things were, and the Disney channel will probably not add old programming back on the air. However, I sure wish they'd create a "Vault Disney" channel for adults and kids who like the classic stuff...

Oh, and as for Wizards of Waverly Place. I tried giving the show a chance, because I thought it was a cute concept. Maybe it's just me, but I really don't like the main character, Alex. She's almost always a jerk to her family, and does mean-spirited things. She just doesn't seem very likeable...

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

And don't forget the "fwifties"
    --Jonathan

I'm thrilled by this announcement! I thought the entire D23 expo was going to be full of all these awesome events with not enough time to see everything I want to! Great to know that there will be some stuff that I will miss that I won't care when I miss them!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Here's how out of the loop I am, I had never even heard of the Wizards of Waverly Place before today. Yet it is the number one show for tweens and pre-tweens.

I am feeling so old!

I suppose there were shows that I watched at that age that my parents had never heard of as well.
    Find us on Facebook:

• HIYA!

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticDuck View Post
    I Thought that too! But they should have a whole new channel for stuff like that. I'll watch it!

If Cartoon Network can make a go of Adult Swim why can't the Disney Channel do the same. Thank goodness I taped a bunch of those Vault Disney shows. The best.

• Too far from Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by Figaro View Post
    Me too!
    In fact, this one is my favorite.

I'm guessing it's one of your faves as well, FantasticDuck.
    O yes! I used to stand in front of my parents TV and VCR with my finger on the "record" button waiting for a Donald cartoon to come on so I could tape it! I'm such a nerd
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Here's how out of the loop I am, I had never even heard of the Wizards of Waverly Place before today. Yet it is the number one show for tweens and pre-tweens.

I am feeling so old!

I suppose there were shows that I watched at that age that my parents had never heard of as well.
    You mean Hanna Montana is no longer #1?

*shock, horror*

Maybe there is a god of some sorts after all... maybe... first Miley and the Jonas Brothers need to be vaporized, then I'd really believe.

• Diamond Edition

I think it's great that the Expo really is including ALL Disney fans. I think a lot of us forget that there is a whole new generation of Disney fans that have been introduced to the company through the modern version of Disney Channel. For that generation, this is exactly what they expect to see at D23 Expo. It seems like nobody is being left out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast