Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Diamond Edition

Re: Kiosks at the Expo - DISCOUNT THEME PARK TICKETS!

My personal feelings are that so many parts of the company will have things going on all day that there won't be a lot of down time. There may not be scheduled events at all times, but I think there will always be something to do. Of course, that depends on what aspects of the company you are or aren't interested in. For example, someone who is primarily a fan of the parks or animated features and doesn't care for much else might find themselves with a lot of extra time on their hands. Personally, the only aspect of the company that doesn't appeal to me much is ESPN, but I still plan on spending some time at their booth or room or whatever they have.

I think the main reason the evening pass is offered is because most of the big scheduled events seem to be taking place during the day. I don't know how appealing the 50 and Fabulous Film Festival is to most attendees, even though it's something that I am greatly looking forward to. But for everyone else, Disneyland is right across the street and if you feel inclined to go there, it's nice to have the option with a discounted ticket. Also, Disneyland has always offered discounted after 4PM tickets to whatever conventions are going on in the area, so this isn't really anything exclusive to D23 Expo.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I haven't seen them advertise the after 4pm tickets for gay days in any previous year. Just saying . . . .

just browsing through the schedule, looks like the expo ends at 5pm each day, with the exception of Saturday, which has the auction that evening. But if you want to bid, then a separate $40 ticket is necessary.

Looks like a bit of stuff to keep you busy through the days, but I too wonder if it's 4 days worthy - or if they could have placed it all in 2 days. Of course, for those of you who have attended comic con in San Diego - I would definitely downsize your expectations, BUT for those without "convention experience", I would assume it would keep you busy for at least 2 or 3 hours , minimum each day, and maybe a little more filler activity. It will be interesting to see reports of how much time attendees actual spend at the Expo, each day.

Looks like it does offer some some variety, but one conspicously missing item from this event, which has been featured at other Disney Events, is the Food from the various chefs and restaurants in DL. Although the events primarily end at 5pm, I wonder if they have any Disney Food items/snacks features at this event.

• Diamond Edition

In a way, it's good that the events end at 5 because I was curious when I was going to be able to sleep. That may be a good time for me to grab some dinner and take a nap before the evening's movie. I'm planning on being there at 8 each morning and staying through the end of each film.

As for food, my experience with conventions is that convention centers have their own food department that they have to work with, so that may be part of the reason why nothing about food has been mentioned. Although I did have an idea for something called Cafe 23, which would be quick service and composed of popular food items from the Disney Parks around the world, as well as some famous Disney recipes like Walt's chili. But again, I'm not sure that this can ever happen as long as the Expo is hosted on non-Disney property.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    I haven't seen them advertise the after 4pm tickets for gay days in any previous year. Just saying . . . .

just browsing through the schedule, looks like the expo ends at 5pm each day, with the exception of Saturday, which has the auction that evening. But if you want to bid, then a separate $40 ticket is necessary.

Looks like a bit of stuff to keep you busy through the days, but I too wonder if it's 4 days worthy - or if they could have placed it all in 2 days. Of course, for those of you who have attended comic con in San Diego - I would definitely downsize your expectations, BUT for those without "convention experience", I would assume it would keep you busy for at least 2 or 3 hours , minimum each day, and maybe a little more filler activity. It will be interesting to see reports of how much time attendees actual spend at the Expo, each day.

Looks like it does offer some some variety, but one conspicously missing item from this event, which has been featured at other Disney Events, is the Food from the various chefs and restaurants in DL. Although the events primarily end at 5pm, I wonder if they have any Disney Food items/snacks features at this event.
    I'm hoping they will have some seminar type things from the Food Department. I also noticed that wasn't included, but looking at the map, they sure have alot of room reserved with nothing mentioned yet as to what will be there, so I'm hopeful!
    btw..I think 90.00 for all 4 days is a bargain. Just looking at the daily speakers and what they already have arranged is worth that.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I don't understand the concern...

Disney does this for other convention stuff too. It's Disney trying to ensure everyone in their sights has a chance to spend on gate admission
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Kiosks at the D23 Expo

http://d23.disney.go.com/expo/pavilions/kiosksatthed23expo.html

If you aren't an annual passholder, you may want to visit the "Disney Desk" at the D23 Expo prior to visiting the parks!

• Disney Desk

A special theme park ticket rate is available exclusively for D23 Expo attendees when they visit the Disney Desk booth. Attendees can select from a twilight ticket (after 4 p.m. admission pass) to a 1-Day Park Hopper pass to Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure.

Plus, small kiosks for the following business units will also be at the expo:

• Disney Vacation Club
    • Disney Rewards® Visa® Card from Chase
    • El Capitan

Find our more about the kiosks of the D23 Expo here: Pavilions | D23 Expo | The Official Community for Disney Fans
    very nice!
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

This is a nice perk, my concern is being able to see everyone I want to at the Expo (unless John Lassetter wants to treat me to a meal at Club 21, then I won't have to go to his forum ). There are some big names coming and no doubt a lot of people are going to want to see the same people I want to.

This expo is also a good way for the company to guage what the people are more interested in. Like goofystitch, I'm not interested in ESPN (whereas my brother would camp at the booth). Unlike GS I won't go to their booth, there's no interest in it for me (I'm more prone to camping at the Storyteller theatre )
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Orcatime View Post
    I want to at the Expo (unless John Lassetter wants to treat me to a meal at Club 21...
    Where's Club 21?
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Diamond Edition

Talking Re: Kiosks at the Expo - DISCOUNT THEME PARK TICKETS!

Like goofystitch, I'm not interested in ESPN (whereas my brother would camp at the booth). Unlike GS I won't go to their booth, there's no interest in it for me (I'm more prone to camping at the Storyteller theatre )
    Luckily, I won't be visiting their booth either as they have decided not to attend. ESPN was part of the original press release for D23 Expo, but nothing about their presence has been mentioned since.

• DL Fanatic

Circarama, unless I got the name wrong (which I probably did), it's the name of the exclusive club in New Orleans Square. It costs about $20K to join and $10K to renew per year.

Goofystitch, sorry to here about that. You seemed intrigued.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Diamond Edition

Circarama, unless I got the name wrong (which I probably did), it's the name of the exclusive club in New Orleans Square. It costs about $20K to join and $10K to renew per year.

Goofystitch, sorry to here about that. You seemed intrigued.
    I think you mean Club 33. That's the exclusive club at Disneyland in New Orleans Square with a hefty membership fee and a 10 year waiting list to become a member.

And I was intrigued, but I'm not really bummed. Now EVERYTHING at the Expo interests me. I'm actually worried my brain will pop at the massive amounts of mind blowing that will occur. I should see a doctor first and make sure I'm in OK shape prior to going.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

maybe mixing it up with the 21 Club in NY?

•   

With the full schedule posted I can't see anytime for a visit to DL except late and then only if you skip some of the evening programs. They are running F! twice Fri-Sat-Sun plus fireworks which is cool.
    Leonard
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I REFUSE!"

• DL Fanatic

Red Face Re: Kiosks at the Expo - DISCOUNT THEME PARK TICKETS!

maybe mixing it up with the 21 Club in NY?
    Yeah, I was. I knew it was Club (some two-digit number) that is in NOS.

• Disney Trivia God

Quote Originally Posted by disney_leonard View Post
    With the full schedule posted I can't see anytime for a visit to DL except late and then only if you skip some of the evening programs. They are running F! twice Fri-Sat-Sun plus fireworks which is cool.
    Yeah, I'm going to have to choose one late-night to skip out on the Expo - I really need to see Fantasmic and the fireworks one night. It's going to be a tough choice, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12