Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Diamond Edition

Re: Today's D23 tour of Disney Studios

I wasn't there, but I believe it was White Wilderness, which is what Dave let me hold when I visited the Archives last Summer.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

It was, indeed, for White Wilderness. A controversial film in later years due to the faking of a mass lemming suicide by actually throwing them off a cliff and / or inducing them to plummet off a cliff.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mcow1 View Post
    I was on the 2PM red tour.
    My DH and I were on the same tour. When I saw your photos, I recognized your model immediately! Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. -- Suzanne

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

It was, indeed, for White Wilderness. A controversial film in later years due to the faking of a mass lemming suicide by actually throwing them off a cliff and / or inducing them to plummet off a cliff.
    I've never heard about that before. Wow, what a story!

"No animals were harmed in the making of this film . . . except for the lemmings which were thrown off a cliff . . . but no worries folks, they would have done it to themselves anyway!"
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

The tale of lemmings committing mass suicide is apparently not true. And, seemingly, mostly due to this movie.
    White Wilderness (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Mike

• Gumball Rally Godfather

The tale of lemmings committing mass suicide is apparently not true. And, seemingly, mostly due to this movie.
    White Wilderness (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    OMG... that's quite an endictment of the film makers. I'm sure Uncle Walt didn't know anything about it though.

I hope.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I guess I should clarify- I was on the 10am Green tour. I didn't realize they did more tours in the afternoon. Cool beans!

Hi again ! Thanks to all for your answer concerning the academy award showcased by Dave Smith !

I am currently looking at my pictures and notes and try to re-do our tout based on a map of the Walt Disney Studios, which is fun to make !

Since I was so busy taking tons of photos, I sometimes did not heard all what was said by the guide (I was in red team, 10 AM group), so if anyone can answer to these questions, it will be great:

- What is the number of the stage whre 2Ok was filmed ?
    - What is behind the doors of the old building featuring the big old logo of Walt Disney Pictures ? (the white castle silhouette)
    - What is the main current occupants / activities of the 'Animation Building" ?
    - What is the main current occupants / activities of the 'Shorts" Building ?
    - Why is there an olympic flag pole between the disney store and the commissary ?

By the way, after the tour, a nice couple from California who were on the tour drove me to show me the WDI buildings in Glendale, it was very nice and a good photo opportunity !

Thanks in advance for your answers and help !
    www.the-original-epcot.com

Walt Disney's original plans for EPCOT, the "Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow" in Florida with rare documents, photos and transcripts of this great project.

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    OMG... that's quite an endictment of the film makers.
    Similar story for the True Life Adventures film, "The Living Desert."

Javelinas (wild pigs) are a feisty bunch when it comes to protecting their young, and will think nothing of chasing even bobcats away from their turf. However... bobcats will NEVER run up Saguaro cacti to escape them. There are plenty of other options available, such as simply outrunning the javelina. It's way too painful for any creature to run up a 12-foot high giant cactus.

The Disney filmmakers staged that scene, and forced the bobcat up the Saguaro for an impressive visual. Shameful.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
    Similar story for the True Life Adventures film, "The Living Desert."

Javelinas (wild pigs) are a feisty bunch when it comes to protecting their young, and will think nothing of chasing even bobcats away from their turf. However... bobcats will NEVER run up Saguaro cacti to escape them. There are plenty of other options available, such as simply outrunning the javelina. It's way too painful for any creature to run up a 12-foot high giant cactus.

The Disney filmmakers staged that scene, and forced the bobcat up the Saguaro for an impressive visual. Shameful.
    there was the same debate here in France about most of the Cousteau films... :-(

Walt Disney's original plans for EPCOT, the "Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow" in Florida with rare documents, photos and transcripts of this great project.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Quote Originally Posted by Original Epcot View Post

- What is the number of the stage whre 2Ok was filmed ?
    - What is behind the doors of the old building featuring the big old logo of Walt Disney Pictures ? (the white castle silhouette)
    - What is the main current occupants / activities of the 'Animation Building" ?
    - What is the main current occupants / activities of the 'Shorts" Building ?
    - Why is there an olympic flag pole between the disney store and the commissary ?
    20,000 was Stage 3
    I believe that was the studio Mill in that building, at least all the bicycles out front said mill on them
    Animation building says it is home to the talent and the administration of the company. A lot of the animation building has offices for other production companies. I saw Olmos productions door, among others, and saw Jerry Bruckheimer listed on the directory.
    Shorts building now home to various studio operations departments
    Walt was Pageantry Director for the 60 Winter Olympics and got to keep one of the flagpoles. There are two though. The other was found in a warehouse and someone contacted Eisner to see if he wanted it for the studio, he did.
    Mike

Thank you soooooooooooo much, you are an history book yourself :-) :-).

By the way, my only real disapointment was to know that Walt Disney's office had not been kept intact in the building ! I was shocked.

I have seen 3 Walt Disney's office recently:

- the one displayed at Disneyland in my 1999 visit
    - the one at "One Man's Dream" at WDW since 2001 or 2002
    - the one shot in video during the bonus introduction of the WD Treasures dvd (obviously a recent video quality shoot with the original backdrop behind the window etc...)

So:
    - Where is the real office and funriture ? In WDW ?
    - How was the WD Treasures video shot ? I can not imagine they staged all of that for a 15 s video ? (if you do not see what I taliking about, for instance, take the "behind the scenes at WDS dvd and select the Leonard Maltin studio tour bonus)

thanks if anyone can solve the Da Disney Code mystery !

• Gumball Rally Godfather

It's my understanding that the office at WDW is the same office that used to be at Disneyland in the Opera House, which I've always been told are the original furnishings and knick-knacks from Walt's office.

Not sure if they shot the 15s video in that office or if they dummied one up like they did for the Main Street USA scene shot for the Steve Martin 50th video that was shown in the Opera House.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

In regards to the Animation Building, I'm guessing you're talking about the Old Animation Building which is made of creme colored bricks. That building is home to quite a few film production companies, and it is also where Walt's office was. On the top floor, facing Alameda. It's currently occupied.

Did you know Tim Allen's also got a secret office in that building?

Oh, and yeah, that's the mill behind the big doors with the classic castle. Sometimes the doors are open, other times they're closed. And what's cool is the signage lights up at night. Super pretty.

I love that lot. *sigh*

I was on the 10am Green tour. Here is a set of my pics.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast