Thread: ABC at D23 Expo

• Diamond Edition

ABC at D23 Expo

ABC just posted information about their presentations at the Expo. You can of course read about it at the D23 Expo website, but I have taken the liberty of quoting the information here as well.

The ABCs of Disney
    ABC proudly presents "The ABCs of Disney," an exclusive D23 Expo event in the Anaheim Convention Center Arena, September 10 at 3:00 p.m. Hosted by Emmy®-nominated Tom Bergeron (Dancing with the Stars, America's Funniest Home Videos), "The ABCs of Disney" presentation features Steve McPherson, President of the ABC Entertainment Group, unveiling sneak peeks of many of the fall TV season's most anticipated new series.

Joining Steve McPherson and Tom Bergeron on stage are some of the most beloved television actors of our time, the stars of ABC's new Wednesday night comedies: Patricia Heaton (The Middle), Kelsey Grammer (Hank), and Ed O'Neill (Modern Family). Actor Joseph Fiennes (perhaps best known for his starring role in the Oscar®-winning film Shakespeare in Love) will introduce his new series, the much buzzed-about drama, FlashForward.

"The ABCs of Disney" concludes with a thrilling dance performance by two of Dancing with the Stars' professional champions including Cheryl Burke (two-time winner with partners Drew Lachey and Emmitt Smith). After the presentation, fans will have a chance to receive autographs and take photos with the stars. (Please note: though the talent listed are confirmed, appearances are contingent on production schedules.)

Lost
    Also on display Sept. 10-13, is ABC's Lost. In celebration of the Emmy® Award-winning series Lost entering its final, thrilling season, ABC Television Network presents a can't-miss experience for all fans. Guests will be able to step into the world of Lost and see a selection of props, set pieces, costumes and collectors' artifacts from key moments in the series, as well as sign up for "Lost University," a special Blu-ray™ and online experience, and receive a limited-edition collectors' pin, available only at the D23 Expo.

Prep & Landing
    Fans will also have a chance to sneak a peek at ABC's first TV special by Walt Disney Animation Studios, Prep & Landing. On September 12, Prep & Landing's directors, Kevin Deters and Stevie Wermers-Skelton, will present the holiday special and answer fans' questions.

Screening Room
    Throughout the four-day D23 Expo, guests can enter the "ABC House Screening Room" to see sneak peeks of ABC's new series. The ABC House Screening Room is set up to be as comfortable as a living room — so guests are encouraged to put up their feet, relax and enjoy the best television has to offer. (Screening schedule to be announced).
    I'm very excited! I'm a huge fan of Lost and I think the new sitcoms and Flash Forward look great.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 08-17-2009 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Fixed Formatting

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: ABC at D23 Expo

I'm looking forward to hearing more about Prep and Landing in particular. Looks really interesting.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Disneylander

Looking forward to the fall show previews. I wonder if this is a comprehensive list of the stars who will be there...
    I was hoping for someone to come from both Desperate Housewives and All My Children.

• Disney Trivia God

As a Lost fan from day 1, I'm really looking forward to Lost University. Maybe they'll reward us with some Dharma fish biscuits?

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Sounds good, huge fan of Lost and I'm very interested in Prep and Landing. Also it seems like the key note addresses planned by execs are going to be filled with suprises, annoucements and special Guest. I had visions it was going to be the likes of Bob Iger reading a corparate press release or something. But it seems like some special things are being planned. Just a shame with only days away all the good stuff is finally being annouced. I expect Disney will see a big surge in ticket sales once Disney and non Disney fans get word about how some of the plans for the Expo. Personally if I was a Lost fan or a fan of Dancing with the Stars I would probarely head to the Expo for the day.

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

I need a pic with Cheryl. My mom would definitley get a kick out of that.

Seriously though, there's not a whole lot of scheduling about other events that go on outside of the WDS theatre or the Arena. I know there's an Imagineering panel, but no one's telling me when that is.
    Last edited by Orcatime; 08-19-2009 at 04:38 PM.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Meh. Except for their corporate ownership, this has NOTHING to do with Disney or D23. (Prep&Landing excepted) Charging D23 members to attend the expo and then foisting off ABC's junk tv previews as an 'event' is really pathetic.

• Diamond Edition

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    Meh. Except for their corporate ownership, this has NOTHING to do with Disney or D23. (Prep&Landing excepted) Charging D23 members to attend the expo and then foisting off ABC's junk tv previews as an 'event' is really pathetic.
    But ABC IS Disney. They own it, therefore it has everything to do with Disney and D23. Also, with so many things to do at the Expo, nobody is forcing you to go to any of ABC's events or to stop by their booth on the floor.