• Closed Account

D23 and displaying Disney Fan Collections

One of the news releases talks about The Collectors Forum in which fans can display, sell, and trade their Disney collections. I have seen forms that need to be filled out by vendors and exhibitors but I haven't seen anything regarding Disney fans just displaying their Disney collections.

Am I to understand that this is going to happen or is it merely for vendors to sell Disney wares? Since it is a Fan Expo I thought it would be fun to enter and display a Disney collection but not sell any items.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Re: D23 and displaying Disney Fan Collections

Have you checked the table/booth costs yet? Unless you're selling it might be cost prohibitive to just display your wares for viewing only.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Closed Account

Well that is the question I pose. The news release states "The Collector's Forum is where fans can showcase, buy, sell, or trade their own personal collections. There have been similar Disneyana events at other conventions and unofficial clubs. They're incredibly popular and allow fans to meet each other,"

I read "showcase" as to display and not sell. Just curious as to the true meaning of this statement or is it merely a For Sale gallery?

• Diamond Edition

Since the Collector's Forum is where you can showcase, buy, sell, or trade, I'm assuming it is one flat price for everybody and that you need to fill out a vendor form, but this really is a question for customer service.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

I'm thinking that as long as you pay for the table/booth you can do whatever you want with it... assuming it's Disney related.

Update: There are 2 different designations that Disney has for the D23 event; Collectors Forum and Licensee Showcase.

It appears that if you apply for the Collectors Forum that Disney bundles the liability insurance at no extra cost to the applicant.

However, if you are a Licensee Showcase applicant, you have to provide your own liability insurance (or pay $190 to the insurance company that Disney works with) and you must have a valid California Sellers Permit.

I'm not sure on the cost of booths/tables to the collectors/dealers yet, but I'm looking into it.
    Last edited by Circarama; 08-17-2009 at 01:05 PM.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037